Had to leave the Resorts Board, I can't stand the excitement over there!

SeaSpray

Disney World fan since 1976
Most of you probably know that CBR is being closed and the food court/restaurant area is being totally remodeled from Sept till Dec.

Many people had reservations and are now being moved to other resorts. Well, it looks like Disney is doing the right thing and offering very nice upgrades to compensate!

The excitement that I can't stand is from the people who will be staying at the Polynesian for $109 a night! :teeth:

I am VERY happy and excited for these people but now it has me wanting to go back to Disney World NOW!!! But we don't have a trip to WDW planned till 2004 :(

Oh well...Just needed a break from all those happy posters over on the Resorts Board! :sunny:

Maybe I'll head back over to the cruise boards again and dream of my upcoming cruise (which is still 10 months away). :rolleyes:

Look on the bright side....at least they are being HAPPY posters and not UPSET and MAD posters!!!!

I can feel your pain.....Poly for $109....WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

$109.00 a night for th Poly is almost unbelievable!

I'm glad that Disney is compensating their guests this way!

ME TOO! In fact I have called and booked a short trip for DH and I because of the excitement!:eek: I actually was going to book CBR during the shutdown time, WISH to goodness I had:( ! I actually had e-mailed SOG for the overflow rate for CBR last SAT. UGH! But I called and got us CSR for the short trip(been to PO and wanted something new). He has a business meeting and I can tag along:cool: ! I also called and made some PS's for the trip. I just hope it works out and I can go. I also have a family trip in the works for next May-June(CR):cool: ! Can you tell I am excited!!! AND I did not even get the deal:smooth: !

The prices should be this all the time, they wouldn't have to worry about codes, sales, etc. They would always be full.

It is freaking me out:crazy:, so exciting. BUT, I can't stay away from there, I keep reading them. Planning 2 trips for the next 12 month period. The excitement is contagious!
I WANNA go NOW:D ! How can you stay away until 2004 Seaspray??

I also defected from the RB today. We are staying at the CBR next Feb:rolleyes: I can only dream of staying at the Polynesian (our favorite resort) for $109 a nights.
ohhh......:D :D

Well, if it makes you feel any better we didn't get offered Poly :(

WE GOT A SAVANAH ROOM AT THE AKL INSTEAD!

I'm very happy for all those that were moved to the Poly, but I wish I had made my CBR ressie a week earlier and then I might have gotten the same deal. I ended up booking the YC for $179, which is still a great deal. I'm just happy to be going!!:D

Bibbidi:

I don't know HOW I'll manage, waiting till 2004 to go back to WDW! We're planning on staying at the Polynesian, whatever it costs! LOL :teeth:

Princess Aurora:

I am HAPPY for the people getting such a great deal at the Polynesian!! I'm glad to see Disney handling the room reassignments in such a way. If I gave the impression that I was upset that these people were getting the Polynesian for $109 a night, then I apologise! I think it's great! When I said I couldn't stand the excitement on the Resorts Board, I was being facetious :teeth: I'm glad you got a great deal for the AKL, it looks like an awesome resort too! :)

Wow! I have always wanted to stay at the Poly...just couldn't fit it into our budget. How lucky for you all that good such a wonderful rate!!!!

We did visit AKL last time and its a really awesome resort!!

The excitement got nasty over there:eek: , I decided to come over here instead! Two threads in 2 days getting locked over people getting nasty about the upgrades! They really are attacking. :confused: It's WDW, people should be happy about the magic:D !

WOW! Are these people who already had ressie's or are the new people calling for ressies getting this rate, too!?!?!??! That is an incredible rate. I think that's what I paid for my room in 1983!!!!!!!

browneyes, yes, that was a nice "heated arguement" on the RB. :)

I'm also a little sick of hearing about great rates from people staying at CBR. Seems like that's all you read about.

Today I tried to book the Poly, with the $184 AP rate for October, SOLD OUT! I was sick - most of the resorts didn't have a thing available. We'll be at the Beach Club insted. I can believe we are doing this, we just got back from WDW! Have no idea how it's going to be paid for, either. :rolleyes:

Well, you have to keep in mind that CBR is a BIG resort...so there's a LOT of people to relocate. While I'm thrilled to be staying at AKL (it's my first time to stay at a delux resort) I would still rather be staying at CBR. I chose it for a reason and I'm gonna miss it. I was looking foward to spening my evenings on the beach swinging in the hammock with my DH :(

I guess we'll be spending our nights out on the balcony looking for animals instead.

I got the feeling though that a LOT of things (especially the Polly) are gonna be booked and crowded trying to fit all the people from CBR in.

Bibbidi: Wow! I had no idea that a couple of threads got locked over on the Resorts Board! I might let my morbid curiosity get the better of me and go check them out.

Aurora: I understand how you feel about CBR, I really love that resort too!! :)

Cali: Hi! :) I know you're disappointed about no rooms at the Polynesian, but I hope you really enjoy the BC. Have you ever stayed there before??

Originally posted by SeaSpray

Cali: Hi! :) I know you're disappointed about no rooms at the Polynesian, but I hope you really enjoy the BC. Have you ever stayed there before??

Nope, never stayed at the BC. I'm sure we'll like it. :)

Having a horrible time getting a good price and decent times on our flights, though. :(

I was afraid that there would be some bitterness. I think there was some this past winter when POFQ and POR closed.
:(

Looks like they took all those CBR ones and combined them into one thread at the top! Good! It really was becoming a CBR board ;) ! I see that one of the locked ones is still floating around several pages back(got REAL ugly Seaspray, if your morbid curiosity did not find it;) ). I don't see the locked one from last evening anymore, unless it is combined. It probably went "poof"! :eek:
Cali-D- I would love to stay at the Yacht or Beach Club one day, glad you are checking it out. If you really prefer Yacht, you probably can catch a cancellation at some point:D !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter