Hades froze over

Tiiiigergirl

<font color=red>Had to be rolled out of the restau
My husband finally consented to flying SWA. Don't get me wrong, I'd love an assigned seat as much as the next person but for the price I'd rather go to the spa or a nice restaurant. The problem goes back at least 7 years ago. I was just starting to have mobility problems and the gate agent did not believe I had any kind of disability. She was rude to the point that my DH swore that you know where would freeze before we would travel on them again. Unfortunately at the arrival gate they did not have a chair waiting either. Every year I've been pointing out that since I now have my own wheelchair and there is no mistaking that I am disabled, I'm not likely to have a repeat. Not only that we've been through other problems because I'm disabled and it was probably just our first experience. Well this year the discount was deep enough. Either that or be prepared for some really cold weather because it froze!:eek:

Anyway does anyone know how SWA works with someone traveling with a wheelchair. Will they let our entire family preboard? There are only three of us. One is my husband, needed to push me down the ramp and the other is my autistic son. I hope I just didn't lay a giant egg. I'll never hear the end of it!

When you check in, they will give you a preboard sleeve. I have flown them a lot as I live right by a Southwest hub.

On the subject of medical preboards, I personally do NOT like United. They repeatedly insist that I can just board with the regular preboards. By the time you get the families with children, first class flyers, and the United frequent flyer program people, the concept of "preboard" is useless bc you are stuck in a crowd. We swtiched to American, which is much better. The one thing I learned is to insist on a blue sleeve to make sure I can get on first. Otherwise I have the same issue as United. The blue sleeve is not the same as them writing preboard on the ticket. Bc Southwest only has medical preboard, they do not have this distinction.

I require preboarding bc standing in the jetway triggers my asthma-- a definite "invisible" disability that I don't think they come across much. But really, I have *never* had a problem preboarding with Southwest. Good luck with your trip!!! I hope it goes super smoothly.

Oh-- I do have a warning re Southwest. I would ask if there are steps at either end. They have a lift, but that requires even more time to get on & off. I am paranoid about this bc here in Chicago/Midway, many gates have steps to the jetway.

:wave: Cupcake

SO YOU CAUSED ALL THIS COLD WEATHER :crazy2:

We just flew SWA in Oct and are flying again in May.
Before we even got all the way to the check in desk a SWA employee stopped and put us in the front of the line. yes your whole group goes with u. Mostly my DH has a electric chair and they put him on first because they need to get his chair on the plane.

Coming home from LasVegas people where already on board and someone was sitting in both front rows. We really need the front row. Easier for transfers. The employee asked the man if he would mind moving. Said she'd buy him a drink. First he moved to the window seat and that was ok. But then when he saw that if he wanted to get out of the seat he'd have to step over my DH he said he find another seat.

If you get a chance SWA has a show called AIRLINE on the A&E channel on Monday nights.

LOL

"I" did not cause this weather. It was my husband. And actually I just figured that him being willing to fly SWA was a sure sign that it just had frozen over.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter