Hagrid’s “Express” Line?!

Grasshopper2016

DIS Veteran
In line right now for Hagrid’s. There is a second lane, to the right, which I imagine will one day serve as the express line. For now, though, there are many groups of people walking through it, skipping most of the 2 1/2 hour line. I’m sure that many of these people have a disability pass or are doing child swap. But many others just seemed to have crossed onto that side when no one was looking to skip the line. When asked (not by me!), several of them have said something like, “This is the Express line.” Is there some sort of express line? If not, are these people getting away with skipping the line? I haven’t seen anyone being sent back.

In the recovery pass / AAP / etc line, they check credentials when you merge back in. If people are just hopping in hoping to game the system, that won't work. Those scum are probably sent back out the exit (it would likely be closer, and reduce the risk of the clearly dishonest people cutting back into the normal line) so you don't see their walk of shame.

The single rider line goes next to the archway into the indoor portion of queue. Would not surprise me if people are hopping into that line, and really nothing wrong with them doing so. Could be groups in that line that understand they will be riding separately.

We used to see line jumping a lot at Hagrid’s. But we’d watch and the people were looking for gaps between groups to jump back into the regular line. I saw 2 guys jump out of line behind us and then back in ahead of us. That was more when it first open in the area leading up to the castle.

Just wanted to mention - i used the single rider a couple of times this week and it was very fast - under 20 minutes.
Obviously YMMV, but they really don't advertise it - you have to ask so a lot of folks (myself included) waited solo for the ride in the normal line. BTW: Sidecar is not very comfortable and did bother my back.

If you do use the single rider line - be polite and don't try to push yourself ahead to get the bike. If you are in the single rider line you will get the sidecar - that is how it works. I waited in the full line for the bike and watched a couple, first she pushed her way in from of a kid in a group of 3 to get the bike. Then guy tried to do the same to me, he thought he was a tough guy because he was like 6' 3'" Not happening. . He was pretty surprised when I confronted him. I heard him complaining outside afterwards.

I ran into that more than once- they should really inform people in the single rider line.

Well, all the single rider lines do say you will "fill in any available seat" which means you don't get a choice. Absolutely not okay for singles to try to claim the motorbike seat. People doing that are not doing so unknowingly, they are willfully being jerks.

Well, all the single rider lines do say you will "fill in any available seat" which means you don't get a choice. Absolutely not okay for singles to try to claim the motorbike seat. People doing that are not doing so unknowingly, they are willfully being jerks.
No doubt - and again it was more than once - this big guy was just the most blatant and his girl pushed in front of a kid which is beyond unacceptable IMO.

Just wanted to mention - i used the single rider a couple of times this week and it was very fast - under 20 minutes.
Obviously YMMV, but they really don't advertise it - you have to ask so a lot of folks (myself included) waited solo for the ride in the normal line. BTW: Sidecar is not very comfortable and did bother my back.

If you do use the single rider line - be polite and don't try to push yourself ahead to get the bike. If you are in the single rider line you will get the sidecar - that is how it works. I waited in the full line for the bike and watched a couple, first she pushed her way in from of a kid in a group of 3 to get the bike. Then guy tried to do the same to me, he thought he was a tough guy because he was like 6' 3'" Not happening. . He was pretty surprised when I confronted him. I heard him complaining outside afterwards.

I ran into that more than once- they should really inform people in the single rider line.
I had to fight off a young man in the SR line a few weeks ago. I waited in the regular line and he kept trying to get ahead of me to get on the bike. He told me I was ruining his day, the bike was much more thrilling. I told him I waited longer than he did and was riding the bike. I held my ground but it almost came to shove.

I had to fight off a young man in the SR line a few weeks ago. I waited in the regular line and he kept trying to get ahead of me to get on the bike. He told me I was ruining his day, the bike was much more thrilling. I told him I waited longer than he did and was riding the bike. I held my ground but it almost came to shove.
Ridiculous - if you want the bike then wait in the line like you did... it's that simple.

There were families with kids in the single rider line more than once and I was concerned that I'd get paired with one of them and give them the bike because its a kid.

The sidecar is really poorly designed IMO - it was the most uncomfortable coaster I've been on in a long time.
I will probably never do single rider again just for that reason.

If you want the bike seat, wait in the regular line. I'm often a single rider and I choose to wait in the regular queue so that I get the bike. I don't want to sound mean but I really don't care if someone in the single rider line wants the bike. They chose to wait in a shorter line (sometimes, but not always) so they don't get to choose where they sit. I do single rider for many other attractions at both Universal and Disney and I understand that I do not get to pick where I sit. It's part of the single rider experience.

If you want the bike seat, wait in the regular line. I'm often a single rider and I choose to wait in the regular queue so that I get the bike. I don't want to sound mean but I really don't care if someone in the single rider line wants the bike. They chose to wait in a shorter line (sometimes, but not always) so they don't get to choose where they sit. I do single rider for many other attractions at both Universal and Disney and I understand that I do not get to pick where I sit. It's part of the single rider experience.
Exactly how I felt, the mean old lady who waited in the regular line and wouldn't let him have the bike. I have waited in the SR line, it is not always that much faster, but accepted that I did not get to choose. Like someone said above, Universal could at least try to inform the SR peeps of that.

Exactly how I felt, the mean old lady who waited in the regular line and wouldn't let him have the bike. I have waited in the SR line, it is not always that much faster, but accepted that I did not get to choose. Like someone said above, Universal could at least try to inform the SR peeps of that.
Yup, had that happen to me too. Waited in the regular line and was paired up with a girl in her late teens that said it was her first time on Hagrid's and she had been waiting years to ride. She then kept looking at me as if I would let her have the bike but I just said nothing and hopped onto the bike seat. I felt like such a bad person in that moment and I still kind of do but it's pretty understood (at least I thought) that with a single rider queue, you are sacrificing your ability to pick where you sit for a shorter wait time.

I am quite short, so the bike is uncomfortable for me. I go through the regular line via disability pass and am nearly always a single rider (either by myself or my group is odd numbers), and the single rider is always thrilled to get the bike.

I actually had someone offer me the bike when I was in SR line once. I thanked them for the kindness, but I offered it back to them because most of the time I don’t care which seat I get. I never expect the bike when I am in SR, and depending on my line experience in the regular line I have offered the bike to a SR. They have better luck with me if they are not expecting it.

I had that happen, pre-teen. No way buddy.

I am quite short, so the bike is uncomfortable for me. I go through the regular line via disability pass and am nearly always a single rider (either by myself or my group is odd numbers), and the single rider is always thrilled to get the bike.
How are they handling the AAP guest line these days? I've heard it's merged so early you can end up waiting 40+ minutes (esp if it goes down), and then 2 (separate) guests from last summer said they were taken via the exit. Still others recently report going thru the line agian. My daughter is autistic and there's no way she can do 40 mins...even 15 is challenging for her (we had express pass our last trip pre-hagrid's and still had issues).

Also, are the places where you wait in the AAP line dark, crowded, or tight? I saw some tight, dark, cavernous hallways on the ride que video and there's no way she can handle that. She had a meltdown at Kong for that reason. 😢

Unfortunately, Hagrid's AAP line has spots that are dark, crowded and/or tight. Some of the AAP line is outdoors. There is a cramped, subterranean tunnel feel to the indoor queue- not as tight as Kong imo. The final room before loading onto the ride is large but you have to get through a few switchbacks and that room can be very loud. Then it narrows again into a corridor before opening to the loading platform.

I have used the AAP line for Hagrid's a few times and it took anywhere from 20-30 minutes. This was all prior to the IBCCES changes to the AAP. For the IBCCES pass, it is my understanding that some people are given the 'front of line' accomodation and some are given the express pass line accomodation based upon what they determine you need when you apply for the pass.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter