Hagrid's Coaster Queue Updates / Questions / Reviews

Reporting back from yesterday. My son got in line at 3:35. They said it was a 6 hour wait. He waited for 3 hours. Because he didn’t have a bag, he was brought way up closer. Everyone with bags had to wait longer. He also, went through the single rider line.

Reporting back from yesterday. My son got in line at 3:35. They said it was a 6 hour wait. He waited for 3 hours. Because he didn’t have a bag, he was brought way up closer. Everyone with bags had to wait longer. He also, went through the single rider line.

With all of the ups and downs of the ride in the first few days (technical difficulties, rain delays etc) I don't think the app or the employees will have an actually accurate wait time estimator.

I think for now on the app, instead of stating the wait time they would just show :confused3

App says 180 minute wait right now. That is my limit so maybe there is hope that we will ride next Thursday or Friday 🤞🏼

It looks like ride operations has hit a stride now, it's down to 3 hours. The line starts right at the entrance now and they are adding more trains.

Last edited:
I’m staying at Royal Pacific next week. I assume it’s better to be in line at IOA as early as possible rather than go to USF early entry and ride Hogwarts express over. There is no advantage to that is there?

I’m staying at Royal Pacific next week. I assume it’s better to be in line at IOA as early as possible rather than go to USF early entry and ride Hogwarts express over. There is no advantage to that is there?

On my visit in March when early entry was for USF, was to do Gringotts, enjoy Diagon Alley for a bit while it was quiet (bliss) then get the first Hogwarts Express of the day and do Forbidden Journey straight away.

By the time i got to FJ there were already people there but it wasnt manic, besides I used the single rider queue and just walked on (More bliss) but with Hagrid being a brand new ride I would definitely start my day at IOA, even if early entry is at USF, its obvious that everyone through the gates at opening of IOA will head straight there.

Getting the first Hogwarts Express from USF will beat some of the crowds but to really maximise your day, start at IOA, thats what I'll do in October, I will do the full queue my first time to see everything, after that it'll be single rider every time!

I see there is an issue with bags/lockers. My sister will not ride, but she waits in the queue with us. She loves the one for Forbidden Journey. She exits at the end before boarding. Is there a place to do that for Hagrid’s? Also, she usually just takes our bags with her, so TMs on Forbidden Journey have always been fine with this. Anyone have experience with this on Hagrid’s yet?

Today, they started letting us in to IoA at 8 to start the line for Hagrid's (no rides were running yet) - the same time that USO opened. And the line started across from Cinnabon right at the park entrance, so at least for now you wouldn't want to start in USO.

Are they particular about saving spots in line? I'm wondering if my husband can go to IoA next week at 8:00 to get in line, while I take my son to US to play with his wand in Diagon Alley, then ride the train over and join him in line. We are staying at Hard Rock, so will have early entry to US and Express Pass for Hogwarts Express.

I see there is an issue with bags/lockers. My sister will not ride, but she waits in the queue with us. She loves the one for Forbidden Journey. She exits at the end before boarding. Is there a place to do that for Hagrid’s? Also, she usually just takes our bags with her, so TMs on Forbidden Journey have always been fine with this. Anyone have experience with this on Hagrid’s yet?

Yes, she could wait in the queue with you. Once you get to the final room of the queue where the indoor test seats are located, there is a family room/child swap area where she could wait with your bags. When you exit, you will walk by the family room on your right where you could meet up with her again. :)

I saw in an earlier post that you are allowed to keep things in your pockets on this ride. What about hats? Do we have to put them in a locker, or can we just hold onto them?

I had on a big floppy hat that I forgot to put in the locker. I just sat on it and it was fine. You wouldn't want to keep it on during the ride though.

Last edited:
I had on a big floppy hat that I forgot to put in the locker. I just sat on it and it was fine. You wouldn't want to keep it on during the right though.
Yeah I definitely wouldn’t wear it. Just wondering if they make us put them in a locker or not. I’d prefer to just hold onto it. Thanks!

Are they particular about saving spots in line? I'm wondering if my husband can go to IoA next week at 8:00 to get in line, while I take my son to US to play with his wand in Diagon Alley, then ride the train over and join him in line. We are staying at Hard Rock, so will have early entry to US and Express Pass for Hogwarts Express.

Um, please don't do this. That's pretty blatant line jumping and it's not fair to everyone else in line.

And I don't think it would work out for you anyway. 9am is when I reached the lockers and got into the "real" queue, so if the timing's similar next week, your husband would have already passed the lockers and you won't be able to put the wand in one (they are regulating access to the lockers so they don't get super chaotic) and I doubt they would let you into the "real" line section if they didn't see you come out to run to the bathroom or something.

Side note: for those who are waiting in the extended line, there is a bathroom across from the Sinbad theater that seemed to be roped off specifically for those in line. The first table with water cups was set up right there, too.

Anybody take a wand on this? Is there any sort of pouch to put it in, or do you just have to hold it?

I finally got to ride tonight, got in the queue at 5:30 and rode at about 8:45pm, a night ride!! Wow is this amazing at nigh. I was in the sidecar, and I fit fine. 240lb 6'3". It really feels like you are on a motorbike and the launches are just fun, you can't wait for the next one. The spike and drop track are smooth as butter, and the last launch... wow. The sound, the launches, the surprises, it's just fun and the pacing is perfect.

Yeah, no hesitation, this is my favorite new coaster in Orlando, it's that good.

Last edited:
No pouch. I doubt they'll let a wand go on, it's a serious safety issue
Is it possible for one person in party to jump out of line at Hogsmeade to put it in a locker or would that be frowned upon?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter