Hagrid's Coaster Queue Updates / Questions / Reviews

Just to provide another example experience, I entered regular line today at 1.15pm when posted wait was 180 mins, ended up being only 90 mins. Guess I was lucky with no delays for weather or break downs. Also, the single rider who ended up next to me said he'd waited 2.5hrs !

This is what I was trying to avoid. My friends don't know any better and would auto elect SR because that's how we do all the other rides. I wanted to make sure it wasn't going hurt us to use the SR. I was there in July and didn't even bother, Sept we may give it a shot though.

Yeah, with Gringott's for example, I would only use SR first thing in the morning, cause after that, it was definitely a forget it moment, because you were either going to wait forever, or it was going to be closed. I know several pages back someone got lucky with SR, but generally from what I heard, you'll shed a few minutes, but nothing too dramatic. Maybe you'll have luck in Sept.

My family I are planning to try it tomorrow morning at rope drop. It is our first full day. We plan to be at the gate at 8am. Fingers crossed.

Went last weekend and rode on Saturday. The posted wait time was 180 minutes when we joined the line at about 3:30pm. With the afternoon cloud cover and some shade from the trees the wait in the outside part of the queue wasn’t unpleasant. We only waited for 90 minutes, so half the posted time. We didn’t find the queue to be on par with Gringotts or Forbidden Journey, but the ride is quite good if you like coasters. As far as thrill factor I thought it was similar to the Mummy. The family in front of us mentioned that they road it the day before and wait times said 180 minutes but they only waited 40 minutes so it seems like maybe wait times are being inflated to cover breakdowns/ weather events.

Thanks to everyone who responded to my question regarding SR lines! Since there a significant difference, we'd probably just go with the regular line.

Thanks to everyone who responded to my question regarding SR lines! Since there a significant difference, we'd probably just go with the regular line.

yup, if you are in a group, no reason to do Single Rider, won't benefit

In line early this morning. Got to gates at about 7:40. 75-100 people waiting when we got here. I'll try to post updates as to how it goes overall.
Ok, by 8:15 there were HUNDREDS of people. The whole area between the tickets and the gates was full.
We all moved to Seuss about 8:30.
We successfully made it through and we were off the ride by 9:45.
No tech delays or anything, it went very smoothly.
The crowd management stopping at Seuss and in between was hectic and there was a lot of rushing, but acceptable.
The ride itself was super amazing. Better than I expected and I expected a lot!
All in all a huge success.

Ok, by 8:15 there were HUNDREDS of people. The whole area between the tickets and the gates was full.
We all moved to Seuss about 8:30.
We successfully made it through and we were off the ride by 9:45.
No tech delays or anything, it went very smoothly.
The crowd management stopping at Seuss and in between was hectic and there was a lot of rushing, but acceptable.
The ride itself was super amazing. Better than I expected and I expected a lot!
All in all a huge success.

Awesome! So happy that this worked out for you, especially because this is exactly what we plan to do next week. The only difference is that we'll be doing it on a Thursday morning which I hope will translate into fewer people but we'll see. Question - when you started moving again after being stopped at Seuss, was it a free-for-all with people taking whichever path they chose through the Seuss area, or was there just one set path?

Awesome! So happy that this worked out for you, especially because this is exactly what we plan to do next week. The only difference is that we'll be doing it on a Thursday morning which I hope will translate into fewer people but we'll see. Question - when you started moving again after being stopped at Seuss, was it a free-for-all with people taking whichever path they chose through the Seuss area, or was there just one set path?
The vast majority were herded through the waterfront area in Suess. Some people ran around the other way (between the rides) but not many....and team members were yelling at them not to run. I dont feel like those folks gained much in the end.
But the big crush rush continued all the way from pre-suess to mystic fountain. Then we were herded through ropes that kind of wrapped around the Sinbad theater and the chaos lessened a bit.
Also, I think we're going to try the same thing again on Tuesday....also hoping for fewer folks to contend with.

The vast majority were herded through the waterfront area in Suess. Some people ran around the other way (between the rides) but not many....and team members were yelling at them not to run. I dont feel like those folks gained much in the end.
But the big crush rush continued all the way from pre-suess to mystic fountain. Then we were herded through ropes that kind of wrapped around the Sinbad theater and the chaos lessened a bit.
Also, I think we're going to try the same thing again on Tuesday....also hoping for fewer folks to contend with.

Very interesting. Thanks for all the specifics and good luck on Tuesday.

Ok got in line at 11:25am when ride had just opened...it was showing delay and nobody in the first time we walked past. We entered the building at 11:40am or so and now they just announced a 'slight delay'. At least we are in a cool place. Asked DD if she wanted to do single rider she said no. So we will wait it out.

Last edited:
How was the VIP tour?
We really enjoyed it.
Learned lots of tidbits about rides, how they work and such.
Both breakfast and lunch were really delicious.
We overdid our plans for the day but that was our fault. We did this tour and then came over to Disney and did the Halloween Party. I didn’t expect the tour to wear us out so

Ok 1:30pm and about 10-15 minutes into an 'inclement weather' shutdown. Haven't seen the outdoors in hours. I hear the rest of the family is huddled at one of the train stations. Hungry. Feel like we must be very close. No need to go out in the rain so here hoping it is a passing shower that ends soon.

Ok 1:30pm and about 10-15 minutes into an 'inclement weather' shutdown. Haven't seen the outdoors in hours. I hear the rest of the family is huddled at one of the train stations. Hungry. Feel like we must be very close. No need to go out in the rain so here hoping it is a passing shower that ends soon.

any luck?

So glad we rode in the afternoon and didn’t have any kind of wait like some of you!

It was a week day (Tuesday) so probably some better than today but we got to the park in the afternoon right after a short thunderstorm. No waiting outside the actual queu. We put our stuff in lockers and went on in. We weren’t actually in the park during the storm so not sure what was happening during the storm. We were at a water park when it started, went back to hotel, changed and set out for universal.

Our wait was shorter than the actual posted wait time. More than we had on the inside of the building would have been rough on sil. He isn’t a small guy and is a bit claustrophobic.

Sorry if this has been answered already but I haven’t seen it. Do you have to use a locker? Can you at least bring your phone with you or are there metal detectors? May attempt it this afternoon. Thanks for any help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter