Hagrid's Coaster Queue Updates / Questions / Reviews

We rope dropped Hagrids both days this weekend. At the entrance at 8, 8 people back yesterday and today about 20 people back. They let us in at 8:40 and both days there was a slight delay. Some runners, but not many. Yesterday we were off the ride at 910 and did Forbidden Journey, Kong and Spiderman with no waits! Today, off by 920, husband and son are doing Hulk, which I am not brave enough to do! Hagrids is awesome. Yesterday I did the sidecar and today the bike. The wait now is 120 minutes!

Reactions: DLo
We hopped in line just a bit ago. Wait time has been 120 and 150 all morning so when it went down to 90 min we got in line about 11:10 so we'll see what time we are done. Looks to be a great ride!

Last time we rode was Wednesday. Wait time was posted 60 but we didn't hit the back of the line until just inside the building. From there the wait has always been 30 minutes. At one point we were stopped by a TM, a door opened and about 8 people were let in. I asked the young woman ahead of me what entrance that was and she said it was the disability entrance. Then she said "I'll tell you a secret...I actually have ADHD but all you have to do is tell Guest Services you have it and they'll give you a pass."

I'm not sure how much time they really saved since it was only a 30 minute wait anyway.

I asked the young woman ahead of me what entrance that was and she said it was the disability entrance. Then she said "I'll tell you a secret...I actually have ADHD but all you have to do is tell Guest Services you have it and they'll give you a pass."

I don't know how legit that is, but I wouldn't use my ADHD for a disability pass as there is no reason to. I can only see that being plausible for a child perhaps with ADHD, as they have less discipline, patience, and more likely to show more outlandish hyperactivity than an adult.

Last time we rode was Wednesday. Wait time was posted 60 but we didn't hit the back of the line until just inside the building. From there the wait has always been 30 minutes. At one point we were stopped by a TM, a door opened and about 8 people were let in. I asked the young woman ahead of me what entrance that was and she said it was the disability entrance. Then she said "I'll tell you a secret...I actually have ADHD but all you have to do is tell Guest Services you have it and they'll give you a pass."

I'm not sure how much time they really saved since it was only a 30 minute wait anyway.
I don't know how legit that is, but I wouldn't use my ADHD for a disability pass as there is no reason to. I can only see that being plausible for a child perhaps with ADHD, as they have less discipline, patience, and more likely to show more outlandish hyperactivity than an adult.

I sometimes travel with a teen who has a disability and has used the DAS at Disney (we had hotel express passes at Universal and he's not a thrill rider anyway). I'm sure there are kids with ADHD who need the pass, and adults with various conditions who need the pass, but I really hate the idea of someone telling people to lie about needing it. That makes things more difficult for those who really need it.

But, back to the much more pleasant topic of this thread, thank you all so much for the data and opinions. It sounds like the ride is becoming more reliable just in time for the holidays. If that's true, their work has paid off, even though it's taken an awfully long time.

My son has ADHD. It's legitimate and impacts him in a classroom setting but has very little impact outside of the classroom where he doesn't need to really focus. I wouldn't ask Universal or Disney for a pass because it's not actually needed.

My son has ADHD. It's legitimate and impacts him in a classroom setting but has very little impact outside of the classroom where he doesn't need to really focus. I wouldn't ask Universal or Disney for a pass because it's not actually needed.

Exactly. I personally have ADHD myself and was diagnosed relatively early so I received help sooner rather than later, but I'm far from perfect. I can only see it done for particular cases, but when you do that, I suppose you have to include everyone, which might be the reason why if it is true. ADHD often comes combined with other disorders and on top of that a lot of times at a young age some are labeled as a "problem child". Not necessarily due to hyperactivity, but ADHD children can sincerely act out more than typical children due to our impulsiveness and our brain development. I want to add this is not all ADHD children, as I do not know your son, and also I personally grew up relatively well behaved (for a typical kid), but I've seen some outrageous behavior from other children I grew up with due to being grouped in the same classes as others until I got into HS. I didn't realize it was one of the "signs" until I was older and started learning psychology in college.

She really shouldn't be encouraging others to lie about cheating the system. I hope no one would deliberately take advantage in that way!
It sounds like the rid7e is becoming more reliable just in time for the holidays. If that's true, their work has paid off, even though it's taken an awfully long time.
I think the ride has finally found its groove.....wonder if the cooler temperatures have helped with this? If it overheating has been the reason for the delays then maybe this time of year will show more success.

Just got off my third ride today. Absolutely love it though by round 3 you could tell it was maintainence time since it stopped twice where it wasn’t supposed to.

On the topic of the ADHD lady this more then angers me a bit. I’m all for getting a disability pass if you can’t wait for legit reasons. But then you have this case. And I was just given problems at guest relations this morning about wanting to stay out of the general queue this morning because I get migraines triggered by over exposure to certain elements for extended periods. To the point I was wondering if I was going to have to elevate it or go the other parks guest relations since she decided to focus on the element that I didn’t need to stay out of the queue. (Multiple issues)

But, back to the much more pleasant topic of this thread, thank you all so much for the data and opinions. It sounds like the ride is becoming more reliable just in time for the holidays. If that's true, their work has paid off, even though it's taken an awfully long time.

It still has issues... right now the crowds are less just before the Christmas rush... See on other places complaints about delays and closings still.

It's not going to run reliably until the design issues are fixed, which may require a lengthy refurb.

I sometimes travel with a teen who has a disability and has used the DAS at Disney (we had hotel express passes at Universal and he's not a thrill rider anyway). I'm sure there are kids with ADHD who need the pass, and adults with various conditions who need the pass, but I really hate the idea of someone telling people to lie about needing it. That makes things more difficult for those who really need it.

I mean it’s technically reliable just not in a good way arguably. Park was open from 9-8 today it went down for the scheduled maintainence around 3 or was supposed to anyway since we didn’t end up back there. That’s almost half the park day. And by the time I rode it the 3rd time before 2 it was already starting to have issues. We were going slow enough back into the loading station that I was able to pull out my phone, snap a photo of the last animatronic, and put it away before I got off and I wasn’t in the last row. An average park goer should not be able to tell a brand new ride needs its daily maintenance I would argue. And between the backup at the loading station twice on the last ride and flat out coming to a stop in the last cavern after we dropped down. Even if you hadn’t ridden it you would probably knew something was up.

I enjoyed it don’t get me wrong but they need to sort these issues out.

I was hoping that it was at least reliable in the mornings for the rope droppers and early birds, but maybe not?

I found a graph online that was supposed to show the percentage of park hours that Hagrid's was operational each month, from opening through November. The percentage went up in Nov only because it was so low in Oct. I'm sure they're trying to avoid a lengthy refurb so soon after it opened, but....

I was hoping that it was at least reliable in the mornings for the rope droppers and early birds, but maybe not?

I found a graph online that was supposed to show the percentage of park hours that Hagrid's was operational each month, from opening through November. The percentage went up in Nov only because it was so low in Oct. I'm sure they're trying to avoid a lengthy refurb so soon after it opened, but....

Unfortunately there would be nothing to distract the guests from the disappointment of Hagrid closing relatively soon for a lengthy refurb. It was done for Jaws back when Universal first opened, but there was a whole new park to distract guests from missing one attraction. However, I'm also wondering if there isn't a more solid resolution at this point which might be the reason why it hasn't either. I'm sure if they figured out a more solid, long lasting, and more concrete resolution to these issues they would close for a refurb as it would be worth it. However, if all they keep figuring out are things that only work for a short amount of time there would be no reason to close the attraction. As so far any issues (that we know about, or been rumored) seem to be easily resolved, but eventually come back as an issue, whether it be over heating parts, wheels getting worn, or bees.

We walked past Hagrid's today at around 11am and the queue went right down to Mythos and then wound around multiple times before even gettinh to the main entrance. Posted time was 150 minutes but would have been a lot longer. Crazy lines today!

We walked past Hagrid's today at around 11am and the queue went right down to Mythos and then wound around multiple times before even gettinh to the main entrance. Posted time was 150 minutes but would have been a lot longer. Crazy lines today!
Yikes! I can see crowds really growing by the end of the week!

Then again we got in line at 1:36 and were off at 2:17. Posted time was 60 minutes.

Currently stuck in the last tunnel before the final room in the queue. Ride is down and storm is a coming.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!