Hagrid's Coaster Queue Updates / Questions / Reviews

I know @TommyJK said 2-3 hours, but I would imagine it would be much longer than that. As an 3 hour wait can take just the whole queue area for FoP and queues at USF/IoA tend to be better/longer than Disney's. Perhaps, 2-3 hours from entrance/gate to the actual ride entrance (more leaning towards minimum of 3 hours), but I'm assuming you meant including the wait time from gate/entrance to getting onto the actual ride? I would state minimum 6-8 due, including my minimum estimate of 3 hours for gate to ride entrance and estimating minimum 3-5 queue itself (as I've heard reports of TMs waiting for 3 hours, as well as up to 5 and I do not know if that includes inside the queue itself, or being outside of the entrance, as for all I know there could have been even longer waits that I haven't heard of).

That's a very rough estimate based off many different experiences of my own (with general past queues) and from experiences I've read about Hagrid's coaster.

I mean, it ultimately comes down to hourly capacity and how many people the full queue holds.

Reports have been that they launch a train every 30 seconds, each train holds 14 passengers, so that's approx. 1600 riders per hour. If the queue holds 3200 people from entrance to boarding, that would be a 2 hour wait. If the queue holds 4800 people then that's a 3 hour wait.

With the TMs having ridden and reporting long waits of 3 + hours you have to take into account that in preview mode for them the ride had stopped operating in spurts during their previews for weather, temporary technical issues etc.

But in the end, it's tough to get a proper estimate without knowing how many people the queue holds when it is full. Mine was just an uneducated guess with some hourly capacity logic thrown in.

Will be interesting to see what it boils down to once the ride is fully up and running in daily operations at peak hourly throughput.

Edit: Weather forecast doesn't look good for the next few days either, and since it's an outdoor coaster it's likely to not be running for long stretches. So that is going to put a damper (pun-intended) on throughput for sure.

So as a follow up on this (about wait time for a full line), I asked someone who rode today for their guesstimate of what the wait-time would would be if the queue was full (from the entrance of the ride itself to load). They responded with "Probably 2.5/3 hours if running without interruption."

So as a follow up on this (about wait time for a full line), I asked someone who rode today for their guesstimate of what the wait-time would would be if the queue was full (from the entrance of the ride itself to load). They responded with "Probably 2.5/3 hours if running without interruption."

They are supposedly(at least through yesterday) running the load belt slow until the CMs get use to the load procedures.

The are supposedly(at least through yesterday) running the load belt slow until the CMs get use to the load procedures.

Ooh, that's good news. It means that they their hourly throughput will continue to increase as time goes on and they get better/faster with load procedures.

Ooh, that's good news. It means that they their hourly throughput will continue to increase as time goes on and they get better/faster with load procedures.

That was the report from DIS's Craig in his review. It looked painfully slow in the media video yesterday. Also, he said the line is done very weird. The pre-show is very early in the line and only allows about 40 people in. That means the outside queue can get backed up with space still on the inside queue.

So, up to 3 hours for the queue itself was an accurate assessment (for now), but the minimum for 8 hours for the whole ride queue + up to the entrance/gate was off a little, guess it was 10. However, I don't know if the original 10 hour wait included up to the gate, or there were people outside of the park as well. But not too bad of a guess.

So, up to 3 hours for the queue itself was an accurate assessment (for now), but the minimum for 8 hours for the whole ride queue + up to the entrance/gate was off a little, guess it was 10. However, I don't know if the original 10 hour wait included up to the gate, or there were people outside of the park as well. But not too bad of a guess.

Thanks for the follow-up on this! We'll be there Tuesday morning first thing and are hoping to get in before the wait builds or ride single rider if it's running.

I did find a pov video on youtube but it was at night and was horrible quality, you couldn't see anything and people were screaming so you couldn't hear it either. I did read they do not have a metal detector on this ride, fanny packs were okay, just nothing loose. Hopefully we'll get some better quality videos soon.

I hope the screaming isn't a problem on this ride, its one of my biggest pet peeves. I don't know how much there is to hear while the coaster is moving but that is a serious problem on forbidden journey- If you end up in a car with people who scream you can't hear the actors speaking at all. Drives me nuts! It's not a problem on gringotts as much cause the cars stop in front of all the screens so people usually shut up at those points.

rant over now:rolleyes1

I did find a pov video on youtube but it was at night and was horrible quality, you couldn't see anything and people were screaming so you couldn't hear it either. I did read they do not have a metal detector on this ride, fanny packs were okay, just nothing loose. Hopefully we'll get some better quality videos soon.

I hope the screaming isn't a problem on this ride, its one of my biggest pet peeves. I don't know how much there is to hear while the coaster is moving but that is a serious problem on forbidden journey- If you end up in a car with people who scream you can't hear the actors speaking at all. Drives me nuts! It's not a problem on gringotts as much cause the cars stop in front of all the screens so people usually shut up at those points.

rant over now:rolleyes1

I believe the only speaking AA is Hagrid's and that is at a slower part of the ride.

I'm not there, but I'm choosing to believe that, given that this is a ride unlike anything they've done before, Universal is doing the best they can in this moment. The first days and weeks will be painful, but it will continue to get better and better. We'll be back over Thanksgiving week and I can't wait to ride it!

Me too but are they allowing cameras on the ride? Anyone know if they are running you through metal detectors.
There is one on YouTube by a poster called “ThemeParkBeauty”

Don't leave us hanging like that. How was it? What was your actual boarding time?
Omg, totally forgot to post.
I think I rode around 11:15ish. It's so much fun. Unexpected, feels fast, love all the different elements. Someone described it as a mix between slinky, mummy and Everest. Rode on the sidecar comfortably but im 5'1" can't imagine anyone taller being that comfortable, the bike is roomier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter