Hagrid's Coaster Queue Updates / Questions / Reviews

Omg, totally forgot to post.
I think I rode around 11:15ish. It's so much fun. Unexpected, feels fast, love all the different elements. Someone described it as a mix between slinky, mummy and Everest. Rode on the sidecar comfortably but im 5'1" can't imagine anyone taller being that comfortable, the bike is roomier.

Does being in the sidecar obscure the view of anything? Cause I know more than likely I'll be getting that seat, as I'm bigger and already been told that is the roomier seat.

I'm curious, because I know that TM/CM always like to preach the idea of "every seat gives you the perfect view" speech when it comes to rides and shows, but we all know that is not true.

Also, 300 minute wait time now! Woo! :laughing:

EDIT: Information about people in wheelchairs.
[B]Meg /*[/B]‏ @[B]megadis13[/B] 4h4 hours ago
More
Found out there’s a really cool way to transfer for people in wheelchair. They transfer the person from “their” chair to the ride’s chair. Then the motorbike can extend (in a specific train) and the chair slides in! #ada #HagridsMotorbikeAdventure (hope that made sense)

Last edited:
Does being in the sidecar obscure the view of anything? Cause I know more than likely I'll be getting that seat, as I'm bigger and already been told that is the roomier seat.

I'm curious, because I know that TM/CM always like to preach the idea of "every seat gives you the perfect view" speech when it comes to rides and shows, but we all know that is not true.

More
Found out there’s a really cool way to transfer for people in wheelchair. They transfer the person from “their” chair to the ride’s chair. Then the motorbike can extend (in a specific train) and the chair slides in! #ada #HagridsMotorbikeAdventure (hope that made sense)

From the POVs, it looks like most of the show elements are on the left side where the sidecar is. The motorbike riders should be able to see over their partner.

More
The bike is roomier for sure. But I had a great view on the sidecar

Omg, totally forgot to post.
I think I rode around 11:15ish. It's so much fun. Unexpected, feels fast, love all the different elements. Someone described it as a mix between slinky, mummy and Everest. Rode on the sidecar comfortably but im 5'1" can't imagine anyone taller being that comfortable, the bike is roomier.
When you say anyone taller, I'm 5 3'' so I'm not really that tall will I have a problem?

If the sidecar is really a comfort issue for people taller than 5’1” then there are going to be a lot of disappointed people. Probably a lot of busy chiropractors too.

When you say anyone taller, I'm 5 3'' so I'm not really that tall will I have a problem?
yeah no I mean, way taller. There is a test vehicle outside of the attraction entrance and another closer to loading, if you are with a group you can check your comfort level. I was snug not squished, I never felt uncomfortable, I actually liked feeling that snug cause I don't like big rollercoasters where you catch a ton of air, I'm 5'1" 180lbs. The bike has way more leg room and tummy room

Hope everyone is having a blast on the new awesome ride it sounds!!!!!

We’ll be there soon enough to give it a go and really full of excitement thanks everyone that is updating so much here!!!

If the sidecar is really a comfort issue for people taller than 5’1” then there are going to be a lot of disappointed people. Probably a lot of busy chiropractors too.
Don't be concerned, because I am 5'10" and 205 pounds and has no issues whatsoever with comfort. I felt more cramped on The Mummy and Gringotts. It's an amazing ride. Ridden it twice on both the motorbike and sidecar.

It looks amazing. Would I have been in that 10 hour wait for it? Hell no but just goes to show how popular Harry Potter still is. Hopefully the new Star Wars hype in Disney will mean the wait time in September isn't so bad.

yeah no I mean, way taller. There is a test vehicle outside of the attraction entrance and another closer to loading, if you are with a group you can check your comfort level. I was snug not squished, I never felt uncomfortable, I actually liked feeling that snug cause I don't like big rollercoasters where you catch a ton of air, I'm 5'1" 180lbs. The bike has way more leg room and tummy room

In case this is helpful, this is what Craig wrote about the seating/comfort in his review of the ride - he is 6'4" and fit in the side car:

"First off, the motorbike is definitely more accommodating for bigger and taller guests. It doesn’t appear to be modified, but the restraint just closes on you differently because of the position you are in. With the motorbike, I don’t see height as an issue at all, but guests with bigger hips and waists may have more difficulties.

The sidecar is a different story. The seating for the sidecar is more traditional, but it is very compact. As a person who is 6 feet 4 inches, I felt like I was sitting down in the car and my legs were slightly elevated because of it. I do carry most of my length in my legs, but I’m not all legs. The problem with this seat is the restraint hit my thighs at about the half way point because of my long calfs. The restraint was still another six or seven inches away from my stomach, so there was plenty of room that way, but even then I’m not the trimmest person out there by any means. That being said, the sidecar still seems pretty accommodating, but the biggest issue will probably be for those who are tall or carry their weight in their hips."

In case this is helpful, this is what Craig wrote about the seating/comfort in his review of the ride - he is 6'4" and fit in the side car:

"First off, the motorbike is definitely more accommodating for bigger and taller guests. It doesn’t appear to be modified, but the restraint just closes on you differently because of the position you are in. With the motorbike, I don’t see height as an issue at all, but guests with bigger hips and waists may have more difficulties.

The sidecar is a different story. The seating for the sidecar is more traditional, but it is very compact. As a person who is 6 feet 4 inches, I felt like I was sitting down in the car and my legs were slightly elevated because of it. I do carry most of my length in my legs, but I’m not all legs. The problem with this seat is the restraint hit my thighs at about the half way point because of my long calfs. The restraint was still another six or seven inches away from my stomach, so there was plenty of room that way, but even then I’m not the trimmest person out there by any means. That being said, the sidecar still seems pretty accommodating, but the biggest issue will probably be for those who are tall or carry their weight in their hips."
what he said :D

Best way to reduce your wait is to get there super early.
Thanks. we will be staying on property. Not going till August. So I guess we will see what happens. Not super invested. Certainly not 3 ++hours worth. Will Hagrid's ride be part of virtual line???

Thanks. we will be staying on property. Not going till August. So I guess we will see what happens. Not super invested. Certainly not 3 ++hours worth. Will Hagrid's ride be part of virtual line???

By August they may have it as part of early admission. Lines should have died down substantially by then. I don't think it will have virtual line at that time.

Any thoughts if it will join Express Pass by the end of the year? I’m going to do a Universal day right after New Years Eve and am leaning towards getting an EP if it is on that system (I know it took a couple years for the other HP things to be added though)

Any thoughts if it will join Express Pass by the end of the year? I’m going to do a Universal day right after New Years Eve and am leaning towards getting an EP if it is on that system (I know it took a couple years for the other HP things to be added though)

I’m hoping for express pass also. We plan on going either in December or feb next year. My understanding is most of the new rides are getting EP not long after opening?

Still unknown when it will get express pass but they already have the location for it (ie the separate entry and where it merges with the regular line for it) setup.

So let's hope it within a couple of months (like Kong was) after all operations smooth out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!