Hagrid's Coaster Queue Updates / Questions / Reviews

It sounds really cool and I hope that it is added to early entry because we only have 2 days. Quick unexpected trip for us. Looking forward to it no matter what happens. If we get to do the ride it will be a big bonus. This is similar to the Avatar ride at AK. The wait times are still crazy. I'm hoping that SW opening will help with getting FP for Avatar.

Don't be concerned, because I am 5'10" and 205 pounds and has no issues whatsoever with comfort. I felt more cramped on The Mummy and Gringotts. It's an amazing ride. Ridden it twice on both the motorbike and sidecar.
In case this is helpful, this is what Craig wrote about the seating/comfort in his review of the ride - he is 6'4" and fit in the side car:

"First off, the motorbike is definitely more accommodating for bigger and taller guests. It doesn’t appear to be modified, but the restraint just closes on you differently because of the position you are in. With the motorbike, I don’t see height as an issue at all, but guests with bigger hips and waists may have more difficulties.

The sidecar is a different story. The seating for the sidecar is more traditional, but it is very compact. As a person who is 6 feet 4 inches, I felt like I was sitting down in the car and my legs were slightly elevated because of it. I do carry most of my length in my legs, but I’m not all legs. The problem with this seat is the restraint hit my thighs at about the half way point because of my long calfs. The restraint was still another six or seven inches away from my stomach, so there was plenty of room that way, but even then I’m not the trimmest person out there by any means. That being said, the sidecar still seems pretty accommodating, but the biggest issue will probably be for those who are tall or carry their weight in their hips."

Thanks for these. I'm 6"4 and I know my kids are going to want the ride the bike, so nice to know I won't be choking on my knees in Aug

We go the first week of October, so I hope that it dies down a bit. We are staying at RPR, so we can get there early to minimize our wait.

Also looking at this for December - either express pass or get there early! One way or another, we're riding this. I can't wait to see the details in the queue! Has anyone commented on the looks yet?

The 10 hour wait for Hagrid's coaster makes Disneyland's Star Wars Galaxy's Edge opening day "Reservation" system look like a genius move. Waiting with great anticipation to see what they do for the Disney World/Orlando opening. Let's hope they are equally as smart about it. In the meantime, hopefully Universal's virtual queue will take some of the pressure and stress off.

We go the first week of October, so I hope that it dies down a bit. We are staying at RPR, so we can get there early to minimize our wait.
Monday and Tuesday of first week of October should be good but then hhn resumes and more will be in the park

Many do the park during the day and hit hhn at night

At that time you will see some move over to IOA as the studios closes at 5:00

Also looking at this for December - either express pass or get there early! One way or another, we're riding this. I can't wait to see the details in the queue! Has anyone commented on the looks yet?

RixFlix on youtube was one of the first hundred or so on ride with a quick queue walkthrough. I think DIS also did one the other day.

Registered just to reply.
Here now. We, family of 4, rode Hagrid's yesterday. Yes, it was a 10 hour wait. We got to the park about 7:30, should have been there by 5 am. That included one mechanical shutdown as all cars unexpectedly stopped midway through the ride. Then two different weather delays due to lightening. Got to be honest, there was a time around the seventh hour, during a rain delay, we almost bailed. Thinking is this really worth it????
I can tell you folks this that this ride was worth every minute!!! It is unlike any other ride. So many different elements. Not just a typical rollercoaster with twist and turns. It's so smooth, and the acceleration...oooh myyy!!! And a couple Big surprises. Don't spoil it for yourself before you ride.
This ride is so much fun. Guaranteed to put a smile on your face.. Definitely voted our favorite ride.

Do what it takes to ride it. Best advice get there early 2-3 hours before park opens. Its worth your time.

Last edited:
The 10 hour wait for Hagrid's coaster makes Disneyland's Star Wars Galaxy's Edge opening day "Reservation" system look like a genius move. Waiting with great anticipation to see what they do for the Disney World/Orlando opening. Let's hope they are equally as smart about it. In the meantime, hopefully Universal's virtual queue will take some of the pressure and stress off.

The reservation system at DL is their version of a glorified month long soft launch. And what they are finding that many people who scooped up the free reservations are not showing up, which in turn Disney brass has now become concerned about it because numbers are much lower than hoped for during this period (which means less guest spending than they had hoped).

From everything I have been reading WDW is not planning to do this reservation system for when they open.

Let's see how SWGE fairs at DL when this reservation period ends, and see what WDW is like when they open before declaring them genius'

Last edited:
The ride isn't open this morning (yet) should be within the next 45 minutes or so. The line for the ride is, again, all the way back to the front of the park.

Approx 7 hours now.

I don't think they will actually use the virtual line until this type of response settles down. (I.e. probably not this weekend either)

Ride throughput is pretty good, less likely to rain today than yesterday, so there's a good chance most will get to ride today. However the amount of people showing up is off the charts.

I was going to check for the wait time this morning, but it currently says "delayed" on the app. EDIT: See @atricks already reported that now.

One thing I'm curious about is during the "free fall" portion, for those who have ridden it, is it kind of rough with the landing? Multiple people have stated the ride itself is smooth, but I was wondering if the fall portion was kind of graceful landing, or is it rough and harsh when it drops to track?

I was going to check for the wait time this morning, but it currently says "delayed" on the app. EDIT: See @atricks already reported that now.

One thing I'm curious about is during the "free fall" portion, for those who have ridden it, is it kind of rough with the landing? Multiple people have stated the ride itself is smooth, but I was wondering if the fall portion was kind of graceful landing, or is it rough and harsh when it drops to track?
Not rough at all. Very smooth. You can feel the hydraulics really catch you for the last several feet. It's far tamer than any ToT/GotG drop.

Not rough at all. Very smooth. You can feel the hydraulics really catch you for the last several feet. It's far tamer than any ToT/GotG drop.

Thanks for easing my mind. I'm not good with free fall rides, but I'm sucking it up for this ride. Not only the fear of dropping, but the last time I went on one (Dr Doom) I hurt my neck.

Reports are saying the ride is about ready and they have started letting people into the main queue.

Thanks for easing my mind. I'm not good with free fall rides, but I'm sucking it up for this ride. Not only the fear of dropping, but the last time I went on one (Dr Doom) I hurt my neck.

I hate the free fall rides, too. I am going to summon all courage for this!

The UO app is still saying delayed. Is it up yet?

NM - its reporting 360 minutes now.

Yeah, I was going to say, reports is that it was supposed to be running at 11AM. Right now it's almost noon and wait time is 360, which I thought it was going to be longer since previously it was estimated to be a 7 hour wait earlier. Either way, it's crazy.

Yeah, I was going to say, reports is that it was supposed to be running at 11AM. Right now it's almost noon and wait time is 360, which I thought it was going to be longer since previously it was estimated to be a 7 hour wait earlier. Either way, it's crazy.

And everyone can probably go ahead and anticipate another delayed opening tomorrow if they cutoff the queue at 5 like last night. Ride needs a certain amount of time in between closing and re-opening the next day for maintenance and cycling. If they don't close it till after midnight, it's that much later the next day. It is well worth the wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!