Hagrid's Coaster Queue Updates / Questions / Reviews

Lol. Ended up riding Hagrids 2x. It wasamazingky fun. 1st time sidecar last bike, 2nd time I was on the bike in the front row - that felt 10x faster.

I had the same perception. Unlike a typical roller coaster where the back car appears faster because you drop fast as soon as you crest a hill - instead of slowly heading down until the back car "catches up" ....this ride's mag launches make it seem like the front car is being "pushed" fast while seeing the cars in front of you makes your brain translate some of the launching as being "pulled" by the cars in front of you. Like being on top of a rocket instead of hanging onto the side.

...not that I've experienced either. ;)

Does Hagrids not open for RD? Or is it just down? Trying to figure out best method for our universal day tomorrow

I just returned home from a Universal trip that went from Dec.5-8.

My wife and I got to ride Hagrid's five times during the trip and twice in the front motorbike -- once at night and once during the day. The wait times were constantly listed, it seemed, at either 90 mins or 120 mins when we'd check. And the three times we went in at the 90-minute mark, we were in line to the exit in less than an hour.

Yesterday we were at IOA for rope drop and the line for Hagrid's went into The Lost Continent, but it didn't stay there long. They eventually took down the rails making this the queue. It appeared to be in place more so for riders to be organized so they could stay in line and then pass the lockers.

Reactions: DLo

We have ridden the past two days. Yesterday we entered the line at 11:50 and the wait was 55 min. Today we entered the line at 1 and it was 45 min. Both times the wait was posted at 90 min. The line was very different each day but the ride is definitely worth it.

We purposely did not do RD and today glad we didn't. The posted wait time was 150 min this morning about 945.. Right now it is listed as "brief delay". We are hoping to get a ride in the dark. That definitely would be great.

Reactions: DLo
As an update, the line never really reopened after the "brief delay". It went to "ride full" and then it closed early. People were not happy! At least over the last couple of days, it was best to get there somewhere between 11 and 1.

Question for anybody who has rode RotR and Hagrid’s (adding spoiler for anybody avoiding RotR info)...

How do the 2 “drops” compare in intensity? I’d “spoiler” your answer or feel free to send me a PM.

Question for anybody who has rode RotR and Hagrid’s (adding spoiler for anybody avoiding RotR info)...

How do the 2 “drops” compare in intensity? I’d “spoiler” your answer or feel free to send me a PM.
The Hagrid drop is a thrill drop, it feels much larger and is less expected.
The Rise drop is very small and is just enough to make you feel it, and you’ll know it’s coming due to the story

It didn’t start running until noonish today, I believe it opened with a 75 minute posted wait, at 12:35 it showed a 75 minute wait, but took about 45. We got off around 1:00 PM at which there was a 120 minute posted wait. Thanks to you guys/girls I didn’t make the mistake of RD’ing it!

Got in single rider line as soon as it opened today around. Was on and off in 10 minutes.

Set your app to notifications that it is open and then head over ASAP.

Was thinking of rope dropping tomorrow, haven't been following this thread as I should have, is it normal that the ride is not open at park opening or is it very random?

I rode three times today with no waits being over 45 minutes. Single rider is about 45 minutes twice when the standby line was about 60 minutes but was actually 45.

It's all still very random. Best plan is to rope drop and if it's not running just keep checking back. We passed it today and it was on 60 minutes while raining - 10 minutes later it was on 90 minutes. Not been on it for a few days but may queue tomorrow as it's well worth the wait.

I rode three times today with no waits being over 45 minutes. Single rider is about 45 minutes twice when the standby line was about 60 minutes but was actually 45.
Last week we rode twice at 90 minute posting and were on in less than an hour - great to hear you had 3 rides today.

It's all still very random. Best plan is to rope drop and if it's not running just keep checking back. We passed it today and it was on 60 minutes while raining - 10 minutes later it was on 90 minutes. Not been on it for a few days but may queue tomorrow as it's well worth the wait.
Thank you, i love this ride and my daughter hasn't been on it cause she doesn't have an ap, so we have a comp ticket for her from a uotm. Shopping both parks to do as much as we can, she doesn't get to go often

Last week we rode twice at 90 minute posting and were on in less than an hour - great to hear you had 3 rides today.

Before we went in the standard line (wanted to ride the motorbike and not just the sidecar which is pretty much assumed from the single's line) we saw a person with an orange and white hat. When we got to the front of the line, that same person was at the front of the single rider's line. That was about a 40 minute wait. We had done it right before that in singles in 30 minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!