Hair washing ideas?

disneyluvr2002

Earning My Ears
Probably the dumbest question ever asked, but here goes.... We are staying at the Polynesian on our next trip. My little girl does not take showers yet, so at home I wash her hair in the sink with the sprayer. Any tips as to how I can do it on vacation?

well when we stayed at the CBR they had a double sink in the vanity area and i would say a smaller child can fit on it ( my 5 yr old is about 44 inches tall and weights about 45 lbs and he would have fit.. ) but can i ask why not the tub right when you get back to the room after swimming while the child is already wet ?
Michelle

I always just washed the girls hair in the bath until they were old enough for showers. Just run some fresh water and use a paper/plastic cup for a clean rinse?
TJ

There are no dumb questions!

I would recommed that you start to shower with your daughter before your trip. My 2 year old will shower with me and she loves playing in the spray with her toys. I pick her up to wash and rinse her hair. I actually showered with her very early on (a couple months old) just to get her used to it.

You can also wash her hair in the bath by rinsing her hair by running the water and using a plastic cup. That's what we usually do.

I always use a cup or pitcher when away from home.

I use the bath - even without the running water (the sound of it running over his head scares him) I usually wash his hair first thing - so the water isn't too soapy - I let him lie back and rest his head right at the water level (I support him) and just scoop water with my hand to rinse out his hair - a cup works too.

We also started showering early on and now thats an alternative too.

sigh... the things we have to worry about with these little ones <grin>

My just turned 4 year old ds does not like the shower. But on our cruise in April we did not have a tub in our cabin.
A few months prior to our trip, once or twice a week I would tell him the tub was broken and he needed to shower.
He hated it at first but I would play and look like I was having fun (I did not go in the shower) . I put the shower head on medium/light and aimed it mostly away from him while I soaped him up. When it was time to get the soap off, I would laugh and told him it was raining on him. That he seemed to like.
I would also have him hold a face cloth over his eyes while I did his hair. He liked that it "was raining on him". On the cruise, he took a shower ever day and didn't seem to mind too much although he does prefer baths. I just kept telling him it was raining in the house or in our cabin and he thought it was funny.

We stayed at poly several years ago with an 18 month old and a just potty trained, barely 3 year old. We checked in in the evening and found ourselves in a handicapped room with a shower only (for wheelchairs). No bathtub and an extra high toilet. What a mismatch for us! (The 3 yo couldn't climb up on the toilet). Be sure that they get you a room with a regular bathroom. We ended up wasting a good portion of the next day getting our room switched because there were none available, but we had to move out of our room and wait for one to be vacated and prepared for us to move into. (We had a character breakfast at CP and had to arrange for a new room, go to wdw and have our breakfast, come back and pack our stuff, then wait for a new room).:rolleyes:

Anyway cups in the bathtub always work for us. Sometimes it takes a while to get a good rinse. And sometimes it is good to have them hold a washcloth over their eyes to be sure the soap stays out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter