Hakuna Matata, A Baked Potato! -Oct '17 TR *Completed, New PTR Link*

Aw, sorry your Scotch egg wasn't as good as you hoped it would be. It's never fun when you pay Disney prices and end up with a dish that's not very edible! But at least the handwich was a success.

Your parent's picture with their anniversary buttons is so adorable. Oh my goodness, they should frame that and put it up somewhere.
I also like the one with you rocking your birthday button!

Minnie and Pluto sounds like a fun character combo. I love when they switch it up and do something different than the standard Mickey and Minnie, Goofy and Pluto, etc.

Can't wait to hear what the awesome surprise was.

It was a disappointment, but considering we liked mostly everything else we had, I guess we were due for at least one "meh" item!

Thank you! I thought it came out cute too!

They were a great combo! Pluto is mom's favorite so she was happy too :)

This is probably one of my favorite pictures from your trip! So cute!

Awww - love this, too!

Bummer it's your last night, but what an amazing trip - and it's not *quite* over yet!

Aww thank you!!

It really was an amazing trip and we were soaking in every last moment of it!

Such a beautiful day!!!

OK, we literally crossed paths that day! We stopped and got food at the Odyssey food both- Nannette got the macaroni handwich and I got the Scotch eggs. I also thought they were "meh". It was weird that they were cold. I haven't tried them at the Rose & Crown, but I have liked them at Leaky Cauldron at Universal.

This is an awesome picture!!!

Did you make the buttons? Or have them made? They are so cute. (In 3 years, these would be perfect for Mark and me!)

I have never done the Visa meet & greet, although I do have the card and bring it with me on trips.

:love::rotfl:

Oh my gosh, no way! I wish we had seen each other! I'm glad to hear I wasn't alone in not liking the scotch egg. Good to know that Universal has one too, I will remember that for the future!

Thank you! I had the buttons made from Clubhouse Buttons. They have so many cute designs!

You must do the Visa meet one day! The line is usually pretty short and the interaction is great!

My girls would love him... You def have the same taste in plush as them! I will have to keep an eye out for it online... That would be a good Tinkerbell gift.

I set an alarm on my phone to check us in. Because I would def do that too!

This is the best! Love it.

Haha! I love all of the Duffy and friends characters, I am sad they're not really represented in the US parks. I hope they bring Gelatoni back so you can get them one!

I will definitely need to do this next time!

It was such a cute idea and the characters/photographers are the ones that set it all up!

We ALWAYS have to set a timer on our phones to check in for our flights home on Southwest or I'm sure we would never remember! That's the one bad thing about flying Southwest is having to check in 24 hours before to make sure you get a good boarding position, especially when it comes time to go home and you're still having fun in the parks.

That handwich looks really good! Sorry the scotch egg was not as good. It's a bit of a bummer when you fork out the money for a F&W snack that isn't good.

Cute Visa photos! We haven't done that in awhile, but we always enjoyed it when we did!

I don't know why I didn't do that myself. I think part of me thought I wouldn't hear it or something. Lesson learned!

The handwich was delicious! It is a bummer when you waste money. Luckily this was one of the only snacks that we didn't like!

Thank you! If there's time, I always like to stop in there. I always have such fun character interaction there!

41833603881_3e1d9f3685_z.jpg

Oh I missed this Remy!

Adorable! That frame is fantastic too

Precious! Love that pose, why do I never think to pose like that when I wear a skirt?!

I also had to drag my mom into the little exhibit to show her Gelatoni and lament over how the American parks don't have him.

I WANT HIM SO BADLY! You're so lucky you found him online! Maybe someday I'll make it to Tokyo.

This is so cute. Possibly one of the cutest PP I've ever seen!!!

Oh I missed this Remy!

Adorable! That frame is fantastic too

Precious! Love that pose, why do I never think to pose like that when I wear a skirt?!

I WANT HIM SO BADLY! You're so lucky you found him online! Maybe someday I'll make it to Tokyo.

This is so cute. Possibly one of the cutest PP I've ever seen!!!

Some of the Remys were tough to find!

Thank you!

Yes, you need to start doing the princess pose next time you wear a skirt! I think I overdid it a little in photos but I was having too much fun!

I couldn't believe I was able to get him! He's too cute, I am obsessed with all the Duffy & friends characters!

Aww thank you!! It was such a cute idea the characters and photographer staged!

Day 7, October 27, 2017 - Ending our last Disney day on a high note!

We then started to walk over to Figment to use the FP we couldn't use earlier in the day. The area was pretty deserted but as we were walking I somehow spotted 2 of my and my mom's favorite vloggers- Nate & Veronica aka Paging Mr Morrow!

They stopped and chatted with us and even ended up riding Figment with us! They were sooo nice and it was really awesome that we got to meet them! We had just started getting into their videos prior to the trip so it was definitely fate that Figment was down earlier in the day and led us to back to this area later in the day. I totally recommend checking them out! Here is their video from that day, we even make an appearance in it!

After that we decided to hit up some final booths before calling it a night.

I believe my parents went back and got the scallops dish that they liked so much, and by the looks of it I think I got another glass of the mango mama wine I love so much :rotfl:

We also
successfully found all the Remys! So I had to get a picture commemorating my completed map :)

We then made our way to the exit :(

We left the park around 7:45. We were tired but had a really great day! I'm glad we had this 2nd day planned to finish all the things we wanted to do..and eat!

When we got back to the hotel we had to get some final Mickey bars! And we also made it in time to enjoy some Duffy on tv :)

We packed up our stuff for our depature the next morning and went to bed!

Up next..We say goodbye to Disney :(

Very cool that you got to meet the vloggers! I don't think I've watched any of there videos before. I'll have to bookmark to watch during my lunch this week.

Day 7, October 27, 2017 - Ending our last Disney day on a high note!

We then started to walk over to Figment to use the FP we couldn't use earlier in the day. The area was pretty deserted but as we were walking I somehow spotted 2 of my and my mom's favorite vloggers- Nate & Veronica aka Paging Mr Morrow!

They stopped and chatted with us and even ended up riding Figment with us! They were sooo nice and it was really awesome that we got to meet them! We had just started getting into their videos prior to the trip so it was definitely fate that Figment was down earlier in the day and led us to back to this area later in the day. I totally recommend checking them out! Here is their video from that day, we even make an appearance in it!

I've totally watched their Youtube videos. She has an English accent, right? Or am I thinking of someone else?

Very fun 2nd half of your Epcot day! Cool to meet the vloggers, I will need to check them out. The Mickey bar looks really good right now on this hot summer day!

I somehow spotted 2 of my and my mom's favorite vloggers- Nate & Veronica aka Paging Mr Morrow!
That is SO cool! I happened to sit right next to spokesmayne at Indiana Jones and made it into their vlog too on my trip in May. It's so fun to meet up with "Disney people", isn't it?! :goodvibes

Ahhh, this. I just love these sparkly squares :cloud9:

Up next..We say goodbye to Disney :(
Ugh, it's really the worst :sad2: Do you have another trip in the books?!

Very cool that you got to meet the vloggers! I don't think I've watched any of there videos before. I'll have to bookmark to watch during my lunch this week.

They are fun and quirky, I really enjoy their vlogs!

I've totally watched their Youtube videos. She has an English accent, right? Or am I thinking of someone else?

She does not have an English accent! But I think I might know who you are thinking of!

Very fun 2nd half of your Epcot day! Cool to meet the vloggers, I will need to check them out. The Mickey bar looks really good right now on this hot summer day!

It was a great rest of the day! I am with you, a Mickey bar would be nice right now! Soon enough for you though!! :)

This is so pretty!!

Spaceship Earth is the BEST at night!

Oh no, the last Mickey bars :sad:

Thank you!

I so love the purplish hue SE takes on at night!

Ugh always so sad to eat those final Mickey bars :(

That is SO cool! I happened to sit right next to spokesmayne at Indiana Jones and made it into their vlog too on my trip in May. It's so fun to meet up with "Disney people", isn't it?! :goodvibes

Ahhh, this. I just love these sparkly squares :cloud9:

Ugh, it's really the worst :sad2: Do you have another trip in the books?!

That is awesome!! I like watching his vlogs too! It's so cool to see people you watch at home when you are actually in the parks!

Me too, they are so cool!

I have nothing set in stone at the moment :( I'm hoping to plan something for early next year, but nothing is official as of yet.

Oh my gosh, so cool that you ran into the vloggers! I've never heard of their videos but I watched this one to see y'alls cameo and they seem really fun. I'm always on the look for DIS podcasters when I'm in the parks, but the closest I've ever come is someone I follow on Instagram who has tons of followers in a bathroom at Via Napoli. lol

The last night/day at Disney is always SO SAD!!!

It's always so fun to run into people you follow through social media platforms in the parks! I keep hoping I'll run into someone from the Unplugged team one day.

Last night...ugh, that's so sad. At least you guys topped it off in a classic way. Nothing beats a Premium Mickey Ice Cream Bar back at your resort!!

Oh my gosh, so cool that you ran into the vloggers! I've never heard of their videos but I watched this one to see y'alls cameo and they seem really fun. I'm always on the look for DIS podcasters when I'm in the parks, but the closest I've ever come is someone I follow on Instagram who has tons of followers in a bathroom at Via Napoli. lol

The last night/day at Disney is always SO SAD!!!

It was so cool! They are such a fun and quirky couple!

I always find it funny passing by popular instagrammers! I never have the nerve to say anything though!

It was a bittersweet night! We had a great day and trip, and as much as it's nice to get back to your own home, you never actually want to leave Disney!

It's always so fun to run into people you follow through social media platforms in the parks! I keep hoping I'll run into someone from the Unplugged team one day.

Last night...ugh, that's so sad. At least you guys topped it off in a classic way. Nothing beats a Premium Mickey Ice Cream Bar back at your resort!!

I hope you do run into them one day!

Man, can I say that I LOVE the fact that resorts sell Mickey bars and sandwiches? It's so convenient!!

I didn't know about the Duffy bedtime story! I may have to check that out the next time I'm in my room early!

I didn't know about the Duffy bedtime story! I may have to check that out the next time I'm in my room early!

It's short and fun to watch!

No way! That's so cool!

I love ending my day with a little bit of Duffy. It never gets old for me. :)

We were so happy! We still talk about it today!

Duffy is the best :lovestruc

Wait... when do they do this!?!? This is the first I have heard of this!!!!

Sounded like a great end to our trip.

It runs at night for a certain chunk of time on one of the resort channels! I think it's like every half hour or something like that! It's so cute to watch!

It was!

Day 8, October 28, 2017 - Departure day :(

Our flight home wasn't until 2pm and the Un-Magical Express was picking us up around 11am. So we had time to go to the food court for breakfast and check our bags.

The lobby had transformed for Halloween, so it was fun seeing all the pumpkin creations!

We had a little time to kill so we sat outside for a bit soaking in the last of the Orlando sunshine!

Mom took this little artsy photo ;)

And then the bus arrived to take us to the airport :(

It's no fun seeing this sign from the opposite direction!

Bye Mickey!

We got to our gate with plenty of time and stopped for some dinner before we boarded. We ended up getting one of the last rows of 3 together on the plane, so it worked out great for us even with me checking us in late!

We had no issues getting home and soon enough were back home in NJ!

This trip was so great for us! It was awesome being back in Disney with my parents and I know they had just as much fun as I did!

Pins are my addiction at Disney, so here's some pics of what ended up coming home with me.

First are all the ones I bought:

And then all the ones I traded for:

We also ended up buying a puzzle which we put together in January.

We ended up framing it and I love how it looks!

And that, sadly, is the end of this TR! It always seems to take me quite a bit to finish my reports, partially because I think I like dragging it out to keep re-living it! Thank you to everyone who read and commented! You all always make it so much fun for me! :goodvibes

I feel like I always have a new trip lined up when I finish one report but unfortunately that is not the case this time! 2018 is a Disney-free year for me :scared1:.

I potentially have a trip in the works for early 2019 but nothing is set in stone yet. I will be sure to make a little update here if that comes to fruition!

Tragical Express Day is always the saddest day!! Especially when you don't get any park time first, etc. But I guess at least you had time to take it easy that morning, rather than having a super early pick-up.

These are awesome!! I love Baymax, and the Cinderella carriage! I think it's so cool how they do little decorating competitions with the resort staff. We loved the CM-decorated wreaths we saw at All Stars at Christmas.

Beautiful day!

Pins are my addiction at Disney, so here's some pics of what ended up coming home with me.

First are all the ones I bought:

I'm with you there! I always come home with too many! The wedding trip was the worst. I think there were probably close to two dozen from that trip. But I always bring at least a couple home. I love some of the ones you picked. And I have the same Pandora pin :)

We also ended up buying a puzzle which we put together in January.

We ended up framing it and I love how it looks!

This is gorgeous! Funnily enough, Nathan and I were just looking online at Disney artists this morning because we're thinking about getting ourselves a Larry Dotson print for our anniversary, and I started looking at Thomas Kinkade's paintings because I love them, and this was one of the ones I was showing him this morning! It makes a beautiful puzzle!

2018 is a Disney-free year for me :scared1:.

:sad1: Hope you can squeeze in a little Disney magic this year, whether with the trip you're hoping to work out, or in other ways. I'm with you though. After our August trip coming up, we have no trips on the horizon. We may end up adding a short trip once or twice, but I expect that the next year or two will be a lighter on the Disney vacation front than we've been going for a long time now, probably at least until after Galaxy's Edge opens. I'll just have to get my fix from listening to soundtracks and reading lots of TRs! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!