Hakuna Matata, A Baked Potato! -Oct '17 TR *Completed, New PTR Link*

October 21, 2017, Day 1 - It's Disney Day!

Our day started VERY early! Our flight was at 6am so we were all up around 2am to get ourselves ready. Even though it was an ungodly hour, we were all in great spirits and just excited to finally be leaving for Disney after months of counting down!

Our taxi was scheduled to pick us up at 3:30 but came a few minutes early. As you can imagine, we hit no traffic and were at the airport well before 4am. We had to wait a little before the bag check counters opened, but once they did we quickly got through that as well a security (yay TSA pre-check!).

The counters in the terminal were so festive!

This was our first time flying Southwest, and I made sure to check-in exactly 24 hours before the flight. We ended up in with boarding numbers B12-14- not bad! Getting on the plane went so smooth and all 3 of us were able to sit in on a row together.

I did miss having the seat back TVs, but the views from the window weren't too shabby!

We landed on time and after a quick peak in EarPort we headed for the Magical Express!

Since it was only 9am, it was pretty deserted. We were even able to sit right up front! By 9:45, we were driving under this beauty.

And shortly after we were pulling into our home for the week!

When we got to the hotel, I checked in at the front desk. Even though I did online check-in, I still wanted to make sure everything was good and to reiterate my request for a ground floor room. We all did some quick outfit changes in the restroom before heading to the bus stop for the first park of our trip. We were wasting no time! Luckily we didn't have to wait for a bus, and exactly an hour after we crossed under the Disney World sign, we were driving under yet another magical sign.

Yay Magic Kingdom!

It felt so surreal to be in the park when just a few hours earlier we were still home! We of course had to stop for the first of many PP pics of the trip :)

Up next...Our MK day begins!

my request for a ground floor room. We all did some quick outfit changes in the restroom before heading to the bus stop for the first park of our trip. We were wasting no time! Luckily we didn't have to wait for a bus, and exactly an hour after we crossed under the Disney World sign, we were driving under yet another magical sign.

Man, you guys made good time! It's how I like to do it!

26792247059_d627623dfd_z.jpg
So cute!

Can't wait to hear all about it!

Our flight was at 6am so we were all up around 2am to get ourselves ready. Even though it was an ungodly hour, we were all in great spirits and just excited to finally be leaving for Disney after months of counting down!

Wow, early morning!! Disney is one of the only reasons I could imagine ever getting up that early...

We ended up in with boarding numbers B12-14- not bad! Getting on the plane went so smooth and all 3 of us were able to sit in on a row together.

Oh, that's so good! Nice you had no problem all sitting together!

So cute! It looks like you were off to a great start!

As hard as it is to wake up super early, it's so much fun to be able to get almost a full park day in!

Was this your first stay at ASMu? It's my favorite of the values but I do admit it is overdo for a room rehab. Hopefully they will work on the All Star resorts after POP is finished.

Cute PP pictures!

That was an early morning for you guys, but I guess if there's one thing worth waking up in the middle of the night for, it's Disney!
Yay, the first photopass pictures of the trip. I don't think it would be your trip report without adorable photopass shots! :goodvibes

Yay I have been on the lookout for your new TR!

That is some pretty amazing timing. A few hours from home to MK? There is just nothing better!!!

This was our first time flying Southwest, and I made sure to check-in exactly 24 hours before the flight. We ended up in with boarding numbers B12-14- not bad! Getting on the plane went so smooth and all 3 of us were able to sit in on a row together.
Not bad! Always a gamble with Southwest, but I'm glad it worked out.

Since it was only 9am, it was pretty deserted. We were even able to sit right up front! By 9:45, we were driving under this beauty.
That is impressive. Early morning, but hard to beat getting on Disney World property shortly after the parks opened for the day!

It felt so surreal to be in the park when just a few hours earlier we were still home! We of course had to stop for the first of many PP pics of the trip :)
::yes:: As someone who likes driving, you make a strong case for flying sometime.

Man, you guys made good time! It's how I like to do it!

So cute!

Can't wait to hear all about it!

We really did, everything went so smoothly!

Thank you!

Wow, early morning!! Disney is one of the only reasons I could imagine ever getting up that early...

Oh, that's so good! Nice you had no problem all sitting together!

So cute! It looks like you were off to a great start!

Haha it was totally worth it!

I was so worried about the seating and was so relieved that it worked out ok.

Thank you!

As hard as it is to wake up super early, it's so much fun to be able to get almost a full park day in!

Was this your first stay at ASMu? It's my favorite of the values but I do admit it is overdo for a room rehab. Hopefully they will work on the All Star resorts after POP is finished.

Cute PP pictures!

This was actually my first time getting to do a park on arrival day. It was such a fun feeling!

This was my second time at Music. I really like it too! We really don't spend a lot of time in the room so it's perfect for us.

Thanks!

That was an early morning for you guys, but I guess if there's one thing worth waking up in the middle of the night for, it's Disney!
Yay, the first photopass pictures of the trip. I don't think it would be your trip report without adorable photopass shots! :goodvibes

Definitely worth it!

Don't worry, LOTS of Photopass to come (as usual)! ;)

Yay I have been on the lookout for your new TR!

That is some pretty amazing timing. A few hours from home to MK? There is just nothing better!!!

Thanks for joining in!

It really couldn't have gone any smoother! It was so great to be walking into MK by 11am!

Not bad! Always a gamble with Southwest, but I'm glad it worked out.

That is impressive. Early morning, but hard to beat getting on Disney World property shortly after the parks opened for the day!

::yes:: As someone who likes driving, you make a strong case for flying sometime.

Being our first time flying with them, I was relived that everything went smoothly!

Getting to the park by 11am was awesome, I definitely didn't think we'd make it THAT fast!

Hahaha it will be hard to convince me to drive to WDW when I can be there by plane in only 2ish hours! But I totally get the reasons why people would rather drive!

Yay so glad the trip report has started! For some reason I really love reading about travel days

Precious family!

This is the perfect gate picture!

Isn't Southwest lovely? Idk if you figured it out but they have free TV on their website during flights (and flight trackers), so that kinda helps with the lack of seat back TVs!

It is always interesting to read about other people's travel routines!

Thank you :)

That was all my mom's doing- she got a good one!

I did use the flight tracker! For some reason I just love watching where we are flying over and seeing how close we are!

I'l definitely be following along - I can' wait to read more

Thanks for joining in! How was your trip!?!?

Day 1, October 21, 2017 - We come together on this day!

When we got inside, we spent some time wandering around Town Square.

Hunger was setting in so we decided to grab an early lunch at Casey's. Mom & I went with regular hot dogs while Dad went with a chilli cheese dog. We sat outside and were even able catch some of the Move It, Shake It street party from where we were sitting!

Once we were done, the 12pm Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire was just starting so we hustled over to the castle to watch. I had never seen this show in its entirety and I really loved it!

After that, some photos were in store!

I also HAD to stop by the purple wall! #sobasic

Up next...our first ride of the day!

I miss dream along with Mickey but the new show is really fun too! The music and costumes are great! And I like that it changes with the seasons.

You and your parents are so cute! How fun it is to celebrate a birthday and wedding anniversary at Disney! I know because I've done both! LOL!!
The Halloween decoration are always so cool, we only got to experience it for 2 days then it changed to over to Christmas over night. Crazy!
Looking forward to more!

Love seeing all of the Fall decorations!

Mmmmmmm, Casey's!

I have yet to watch Mickey's Royale Friendship Faire. I need to take the time to do that one of these trips. I never did see the previous show and I regret that.

Cute photos!

I’m back from Disney and joining in. I love all your pictures, how nice to be in the MK so early, basically a full first day. Excited to hear more.

Wow! What a great shot! Mine have been pretty awful the last couple trips because of less than ideal seats :laughing: But hey, a bad shot of this beauty sure beats my view at work any day! :rotfl:

I also HAD to stop by the purple wall! #sobasic
Of course - I'm obsessed with the purple wall myself! :laughing::thumbsup2

As always, what great photos you took! And I love your shirt/skirt/shoes combo - so cute! :goodvibes

Their costumes are SOOO CUTE! (I still haven't watched this show in its entirety either oops!)

Nailed it! This is adorable!

I love the costumes, and they change for each season! It's a really cute show if you ever have time to watch the whole thing :)

Thank you!!

I miss dream along with Mickey but the new show is really fun too! The music and costumes are great! And I like that it changes with the seasons.

I LOVED Dream Along with Mickey but this show is great too, especially since it features Tangled and Princess and the Frog!

Great photo of you all!

I still need to watch this in its entirety. Nice pictures!

Disney photos. You're doing it right.

Thank you!

It's so cute! The pics are my moms (this TR is a combo of my pics/hers ;))

Haha thanks, I definitely wanted to hit all the instagram famous spots!

You and your parents are so cute! How fun it is to celebrate a birthday and wedding anniversary at Disney! I know because I've done both! LOL!!
The Halloween decoration are always so cool, we only got to experience it for 2 days then it changed to over to Christmas over night. Crazy!
Looking forward to more!

Aww thank you! As I'm sure you know, it's so magical celebrating special occasions at Disney. Wish I could do it more often!

I always wanted to go where I could experience both Halloween and Christmas in the same day! One day hopefully!

Thanks for reading along :)

Love seeing all of the Fall decorations!

Mmmmmmm, Casey's!

I have yet to watch Mickey's Royale Friendship Faire. I need to take the time to do that one of these trips. I never did see the previous show and I regret that.

Cute photos!

I always say fall is my favorite Disney time. But that's until Christmas rolls around and I say that THAT'S my favorite time :rotfl:

Can't go wrong with Casey's!

You would definitely love MRFF! I hope you get to see it soon. I am surprised you never saw Dream Along with Mickey!

Thanks!

I’m back from Disney and joining in. I love all your pictures, how nice to be in the MK so early, basically a full first day. Excited to hear more.

Thank you! It was nice getting there early so we could squeeze in that extra park day :) Can't wait to hear about your trip!

It was brilliant, thank you.

We loved that time of the year that were coming back in 2019 to get married so can't wait.

It sounds silly asking you how your trip went when I'm reading your report, but how was it?

I'm so glad! (I am still hoping you will do a TR :-D) And how exciting that you will be going back for your wedding!

Our trip was fabulous, thank you! :)

Wow! What a great shot! Mine have been pretty awful the last couple trips because of less than ideal seats :laughing: But hey, a bad shot of this beauty sure beats my view at work any day! :rotfl:

Of course - I'm obsessed with the purple wall myself! :laughing::thumbsup2

As always, what great photos you took! And I love your shirt/skirt/shoes combo - so cute! :goodvibes

My mom got that one, she did good!! But you're right, any shot of it is better than none!

It's so perfect! I get what the hype is all about now haha

Thank you! And thanks for the compliment :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!