Hakuna Matata, A Baked Potato! -Oct '17 TR *Completed, New PTR Link*

That's not bad at all!

Where is this meet?? I've always wanted to do it, but I realized I don't actually know where it is:rotfl:

I'll definitely take a 20 minute wait any day!

Haha it's in the building right across from the Character Spot! Baymax also meets in there.

I love this meet!! Sadness holding hands is just so sweet.

Great picture! You had a really productive character morning!

It's definitely one of my favorites, Sadness is always so sweet I love her!

Thank you! It was very character centric!

I've never met Joy and Sadness, but I've always heard great things about their meets. Maybe my next trip!

What a great benefit of a Garden Grill breakfast first thing... 20 minutes for Soarin! :thumbsup2

It's such a wonderful meet if you ever get to do it! Even if you're not a huge fan of the movie they are just so fun!

A great benefit for sure! If we had rushed our breakfast a little I bet we could have gotten down there sooner, but we wanted to enjoy ourselves!

I wanted to meet Joy and Sadness on my last trip but I was with a group that wasn't really into meets. Hopefully one day! I love all the pictures of all your meets!

I hope one day too, they are so awesome!

You got a great picture of Sadness with your mom!

And your dad seemed to be having fun with Goofy. I feel like Dads and Goofy always end up with fun interactions.

Lots of characters knocked out this Epcot morning, especially when you include the ones from your Garden Grill breakfast.

That was all Photopass :) I Love when they capture great moments like that!

Haha you are so right about Goofy! He must relate, being a dad himself and all!

It did end up being a very character heavy morning!

The character interaction at GG looks really fun! Another check on the list of reasons we need to try this breakfast next time we visit WDW. lol

I LOVE meeting Joy & Sadness and Baymax at Epcot! THeir M&G areas are just so cute! Lots of great character interactions. I love that group hug pic with Goofy.

The character interaction at GG looks really fun! Another check on the list of reasons we need to try this breakfast next time we visit WDW. lol

I LOVE meeting Joy & Sadness and Baymax at Epcot! THeir M&G areas are just so cute! Lots of great character interactions. I love that group hug pic with Goofy.

YES! Overall just a great place to eat!!

I agree! Both areas are themed so well and the interaction is great!

Goofy was really loving us that day!

Day 3, October 23, 2017 - Spaceship Earth and Bubblegum walls and Chocolate- Oh my!

After all those character meets we went to use our FP for Spaceship Earth! Apparently I'll be spending my future with Archie Andrews :rotfl:

I also had to get my photo taken in front of yet another wall- the bubblegum wall!

We then headed to the Festival Center! I love going in here during F&W!

We headed straight for the Ghiradelli store to check out the chocolate sculptures. As always, they did not
disappoint!

The Wreck It Ralph one was definitely my favorite!

Up next... We start our way around World Showcase

Last edited:

Apparently I'll be spending my future with Archie Andrews :rotfl:

This is hysterical! BTW I totally wouldn't mind that...
68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f456e363572743148533051436c413d3d2d3433353638363033362e313463653330386461393566353966313932363239313331383932352e676966

Apparently I'll be spending my future with Archie Andrews :rotfl:

Bahaha! I never read the comics, but I just started watching Riverdale this weekend (as a procrastination strategy when I should have been studying.) There are worse people to spend your future with :)

I also had to get my photo taken in front of yet another wall- the bubblegum wall!

Nice! I love this wall. I've added "ALLLLL the wall selfies" to my must-do list for our trip next week. I always intend to do this, and I've been getting better at catching the purple wall at least, but I always come home regretting the lack of Disney wall photos. No more!

I love little chocolate Cogsworth! I find Belle's face is creepy in this sculpture, but Cogsworth is so cute!

The Wreck-It Ralph made out of chocolate is kind of fitting.

Okay, I have heard of the purple wall, but I had no idea there was a bubblegum one as well! How many more are there? Did you get pictures in front of them all?

This is hysterical! BTW I totally wouldn't mind that...
68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f456e363572743148533051436c413d3d2d3433353638363033362e313463653330386461393566353966313932363239313331383932352e676966

Haha I don't think I'd mind either :rotfl: Even though I am slightly more partial to Jughead!

Bahaha! I never read the comics, but I just started watching Riverdale this weekend (as a procrastination strategy when I should have been studying.) There are worse people to spend your future with :)

Nice! I love this wall. I've added "ALLLLL the wall selfies" to my must-do list for our trip next week. I always intend to do this, and I've been getting better at catching the purple wall at least, but I always come home regretting the lack of Disney wall photos. No more!

I love little chocolate Cogsworth! I find Belle's face is creepy in this sculpture, but Cogsworth is so cute!

Yay for starting to watch Riverdale! It totally sucks you in!

YESSS! That was my goal on this trip as well! I look forward to seeing your progress :)

Belle was pretty creepy, my mom definitely made that comment too! Cogsworth on the other hand was too cute!

It also looks like you are shooting blue lasers out of your eye! Reminds me of a Borg from Star Trek!

Haha it does!! :rotfl2:

I feel like Wreck It Ralph just begs to be made out of chocolate. I love it!

Love the pic in front of the bubble gum wall!

Agreed!! So fitting!

Thank you :)

The Wreck-It Ralph made out of chocolate is kind of fitting.

Okay, I have heard of the purple wall, but I had no idea there was a bubblegum one as well! How many more are there? Did you get pictures in front of them all?

Very fitting! Probably why it ended up being my favorite (I also love the movie a lot)!

Haha these were the only 2 I got pictures in front of! I know there's another one in Epcot called the toothpaste wall. I am sure there are more but I haven't kept up with them! Oh wait I just realized there's the moss wall in Pandora..which we did end up getting pictures in front of as well!

Yay, the bubblegum wall!!! Cute pictures there, I haven't done that yet but I did manage to get several with the purple wall back in August :thumbsup2

Gotta love the SE photos... :laughing:

Yay, the bubblegum wall!!! Cute pictures there, I haven't done that yet but I did manage to get several with the purple wall back in August :thumbsup2

Gotta love the SE photos... :laughing:

Thank you! The purple wall is definitely the most important :rotfl:

I wish the SE photos were ride photos that you could add on your magic band!

Day 3, October 23, 2017 - Mexico & Norway

It was then time to head to World Showcase! I should mention that at some point I purchased a map for the Remy hide and squeak game so while touring the countries we could play :)

We headed straight for Norway to use our Frozen Ever After FP! Standby was 80 minutes!

Don't we all just look so happy? My mom enjoyed it, I think my dad could take or leave it :rotfl2: We then backtracked a little to Showcase Plaza to start munching on some food!

We started with Hawaii (Pork sliders and the spam hash which is not pictured) and Farm Fresh (Crispy Chicken with Griddled Cornbread and Red Eye Gravy and the Mango Mama Wine which is also not pictured). Everything was really tasty. The pork sliders are one of my favorite F&W offerings!

Once we were done we began our proper tour of WS, starting in Mexico!

We of course had to ride the Gran Fiesta Tour!

We didn't spend too much time in Norway, but did stop for some PP pics!

And we found our first Remy!

Up next...We continue our WS tour!

Enjoying your TR! I would love to have a piñata of Donald Duck that on the Grand Fiesta Tour.

We headed straight for Norway to use our Frozen Ever After FP! Standby was 80 minutes!

Wow! I like this ride but I can't imagine waiting that long for it!

We started with Hawaii (Pork sliders and the spam hash which is not pictured) and Farm Fresh (Crispy Chicken with Griddled Cornbread and Red Eye Gravy and the Mango Mama Wine which is also not pictured). Everything was really tasty. The pork sliders are one of my favorite F&W offerings!

I've heard such good things about the pork sliders. Sounds like quite a treat!

Woah! I had no idea you had magic ice powers! :P This is a cool shot!

Love the Photo Pass Photos!

I kind of agree with your dad on the frozen ride. I can take it or leave it but only take it with a fast pass! Ha!

Those chocolate sculptures are so incredible. I can't even imagine being that talented at something like that!!

I'm really excited to take DD on Frozen Ever After next trip. She loves Anna Elsa & Olaf! I miss Maelstrom but I think they did a great job with the Frozen ride.

Cute to see all of the Coco stuff in the Mexico pavilion! That movie was so amazing! I hope they keep something Coco there.

Enjoying your TR! I would love to have a piñata of Donald Duck that on the Grand Fiesta Tour.

Thank you so much! I agree, he's so cute!

YES!!! Why don't they?! :confused3

Great pictures - I loved the Magic Shots :thumbsup2 And I love, love, love the Mexico pavilion :goodvibes

Thank you! I'm glad we spent a little extra time in Mexico this time around, such a pretty pavillion!

Wow! I like this ride but I can't imagine waiting that long for it!

I've heard such good things about the pork sliders. Sounds like quite a treat!

Woah! I had no idea you had magic ice powers! :P This is a cool shot!

Me either!

Ugh I dream about those sliders, sooo good!

Haha something I picked up on my Disney travels :rotfl:

Love the Photo Pass Photos!

I kind of agree with your dad on the frozen ride. I can take it or leave it but only take it with a fast pass! Ha!

Thank you!

I agree that I wouldn't want to wait 1.5 hours to ride this! 30 mins would probably be my max. One day I'd like to check out the standby line though!

Those chocolate sculptures are so incredible. I can't even imagine being that talented at something like that!!

I'm really excited to take DD on Frozen Ever After next trip. She loves Anna Elsa & Olaf! I miss Maelstrom but I think they did a great job with the Frozen ride.

Cute to see all of the Coco stuff in the Mexico pavilion! That movie was so amazing! I hope they keep something Coco there.

Right?? They are so cool and I look forward to seeing them each time I go for Food & Wine!

DD will for sure love seeing all her favorite characters! I didn't have the attachment to Malestrom as a lot of other people, so I think the Frozen ride is a great addition!

I STILL need to see Coco! But it was nice seeing it represented in the pavilion!

Super late to the game, but finally following along! Great trip report so far!

Thanks for joining in!! :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!