Hakuna Matata, A Baked Potato! -Oct '17 TR *Completed, New PTR Link*

This was my first time seeing the show and I enjoyed it. Visually it was very pretty and I did enjoy the storyline. I don't feel this is a "need to see every trip" show but I wouldn't mind seeing it again if it was convenient.
That's my thought too, it's beautiful and I will like to see it again, but only when convenient!
We headed towards the Tree of Life to see it all lit up and to watch one of the awakenings.
I loved this actually more than Rivers of Light! I think I'm just a sucker for projection shows!

This was my first time seeing the show and I enjoyed it.
I haven't yet seen this show, I'd planned to on my August trip but bailed and went to Pandora instead :laughing: I do want to see it someday, just for the experience. Your pictures were really pretty :cutie: And it's so funny to hear you say you were so hot and sweaty because my trip to AK earlier this month I had three layers on and was still freezing! :laughing:

Up next...Can you guess where we headed ONE more time? ;)
Ooooh, I think I might have an idea ;)

Glad you enjoyed RoL, I agree with you, very nice but not a must each trip.

Did you get another FP for FoP, wow if you did!!

After hearing reviews I was worried I wouldn't like it all, so I am glad that wasn't the case! I think everyone needs to see it for themselves to form their own opinion.

Oh gosh I wish, but that was not the case!

Great pics of River of Light! And I agree, it's nice but not a NEED to do attractions.

You got on FOP again!?!! Jealous!

Thank you! Sounds like that's a lot of people's thoughts!

Ahh I guess that was a little misleading, I did not get on FoP a third time, that would have just been too incredible!

I agree about ROL. I thought it was really pretty, but I wouldn't add it to my must-do's. Maybe every 2 or 3 visits, or whenever it fits naturally in the schedule. Your pictures came out nicely!

Totally agree! If I could just do standby last minute or grab a FP later in the day then I wouldn't mind! Thank you :)

Your ROL pics are so pretty. I feel so out-of-the-loop in not having seen the show cuz of all the technical issues they were dealing with during my CP and I've heard so many mixed opinions. I really need to get back to see it asap.

Thank you! It stinks that you never got to see it. Hopefully you'll return to WDW soon and get to!

Love your pictures of ROL. I really wanted to check it out this time but didn't get the chance. Hopefully next time!

Hmmm.. headed back to FoP??

Thank you! Hopefully next time you get to see it, I feel like everyone should once!

Oh I wish! Right area but no ride unfortunately.

Wow! I was way behind and missed a lot of updates!

You certainly made the most of your day at AK (and it sounds like it isn't over yet)

The magic shot with the hyenas is the first time I have seen that. Cool!

I'm glad you had a fun, decent meal at Tusker house. Cute pictures of all of you with the characters.

I loved learning the inspiration for your trip report title at Festival of the Lion King.

That's funny that your mom is not quite sure how she feels about EE!

:dogdance: on snagging last minute FP for Flights of Passage!!!

Which is about as far as possible away from the Rivers of Light entrance. So I can understand how you got hot & sweaty rushing over to the show. Very nice pictures of the floats.

I'll join the crowd- you are headed back to Pandora to check it out after dark.

::yes::

Glad you could catch up!

This was definitely a full day for us! Luckily besides the rope drop madness and the rush from FoP to RoL, it was pretty well paced and we didn't feel rushed around or anything.

I loved that hyena magic shot!

Tusker House gets a thumbs up from me!

Haha glad you enjoyed the TR title story ;)

That FoP FP is still a highlight of the trip, how lucky!

It was a longer trek than I realized...and then had to do it again when the show was over :rotfl:Which mean your guess is quite correct!

That's my thought too, it's beautiful and I will like to see it again, but only when convenient!

I loved this actually more than Rivers of Light! I think I'm just a sucker for projection shows!

Exactly! I definitely enjoyed it enough!

The Tree of Life projection are really underrated! They are so clear and beautiful to watch!

I haven't yet seen this show, I'd planned to on my August trip but bailed and went to Pandora instead :laughing: I do want to see it someday, just for the experience. Your pictures were really pretty :cutie: And it's so funny to hear you say you were so hot and sweaty because my trip to AK earlier this month I had three layers on and was still freezing! :laughing:

Ooooh, I think I might have an idea ;)

I don't blame you for choosing Pandora over RoL! Hopefully on a next trip you can squeeze in RoL! How funny that we had completely opposite weather experiences on our AK days!

I think I made obvious my new favorite place :rotfl:

Day 2, October 22, 2017 - Goodnight Pandora & Animal Kingdom!

To close out the night, we headed to Pandora to see what it looked like in the dark. (And no we didn't get another ride on FoP in!)

It was very dark but it's also very pretty! I don't think pictures do it justice! We of course also stopped for some PP pics.

Once we were done, we headed towards the front of the park. We were back at the Tree of Life at 9pm on the dot, right when the park closed!

We headed to the bus and back to our hotel for showers and bedtime!

Up next...Epcot!

Your nighttime pPandora pictures turned out so great! I love that PP with the waterfall! My camera just couldn't take good enough low light photos!

Yes it was soo nice to meet you after all these years! I hope it's not the last time either!

I'm glad you gave Rivers of Light a chance! I agree it's not a must-do for me but I really enjoy it when I do see it. I feel like a lot of people miss the concept so it gets a bad rep. My sister and I listened to a dad one time telling his children how it was a show about photosynthesis :confused3

I love your Pandora nighttime pictures especially the one of you sitting on the floor! I actually pulled up your instagram post when we were there to show my BF to take one of me because I loved the idea so much :jumping1:

Pandora looks awesome at night! The last time I was in AK at night it was pouring down rain so we didn't get to see it! Can't wait to hear about your day at Epcot!

That was a full day at AK! You and your parents seemed to hit all the highlights, though, really making the most out of your park time.
I like the photo of you on the ground in Pandora! Very neat.

Love the nighttime Pandora pictures!! I really wanted to check it out, but we didn't end up making it there. These pictures just make me want to check it out even more though!

How awesome to score FOP as a 4th FP!!! I bet that hardly ever happens!

The RoL pics look really nice. I'm looking forward to finally seeing that next trip.

Pandora looks really beautiful at night.

Are your shoes Sketchers Go Walks? I think I got the same shoes in preparation for our Italy trip! I wanted something comfortable but different from tennis shoes, so I went with those. Do yours hold up well after a day in the parks? We will be doing a lot of walking on our trip too so I am hoping these will be comfortable for all of the walking. I guess I need to start breaking them in!!

Your nighttime pPandora pictures turned out so great! I love that PP with the waterfall! My camera just couldn't take good enough low light photos!

Thank you! Those were all iPhone pictures, so I was pretty pleased with how they came out!

Love your night time pictures in Pandora, cool magic shot! It really is neat to see it at dark.

Thank you! It's very pretty, and I loved that magic shot too!

Yes it was soo nice to meet you after all these years! I hope it's not the last time either!

I'm glad you gave Rivers of Light a chance! I agree it's not a must-do for me but I really enjoy it when I do see it. I feel like a lot of people miss the concept so it gets a bad rep. My sister and I listened to a dad one time telling his children how it was a show about photosynthesis :confused3

I love your Pandora nighttime pictures especially the one of you sitting on the floor! I actually pulled up your instagram post when we were there to show my BF to take one of me because I loved the idea so much :jumping1:

RoL does get a bad rep! Photosynthesis?! Where did he come up with that one! :rotfl:

Aw thanks! I saw someone on instagram do it, so when I saw the area fairly empty I took the opportunity! Maybe that ground will become the new "wall" to visit haha!

Pandora looks awesome at night! The last time I was in AK at night it was pouring down rain so we didn't get to see it! Can't wait to hear about your day at Epcot!

Aw bummer! AK as a whole is such a pretty park at night, it's nice that they stay open later now!

That was a full day at AK! You and your parents seemed to hit all the highlights, though, really making the most out of your park time.
I like the photo of you on the ground in Pandora! Very neat.

We really did do a lot! I definitely consider AK a full day park now as we didn't even get to do either of the 2 animal trails or visit Dinoland!

Thank you!
In my opinion, Pandora just gets even more magical at night :wizard:

Awesome photo opp! :thumbsup2

I agree! I definitely think you need to visit both daytime and nighttime to appreciate all its beauty!

Thanks!!

Love the nighttime Pandora pictures!! I really wanted to check it out, but we didn't end up making it there. These pictures just make me want to check it out even more though!

Thank you! I'm sorry you didn't make it over there- hopefully during a future trip!

How awesome to score FOP as a 4th FP!!! I bet that hardly ever happens!

The RoL pics look really nice. I'm looking forward to finally seeing that next trip.

Pandora looks really beautiful at night.

Are your shoes Sketchers Go Walks? I think I got the same shoes in preparation for our Italy trip! I wanted something comfortable but different from tennis shoes, so I went with those. Do yours hold up well after a day in the parks? We will be doing a lot of walking on our trip too so I am hoping these will be comfortable for all of the walking. I guess I need to start breaking them in!!

I don't know how we got so lucky but I was very appreciative!

Thanks, I think you will enjoy it when you see it!

I fell very much in love with Pandora. It was so stunning during the day and at night it just felt so magical!

They are! They are the GoWalk 2 which I think are an older model but they are my fave. I find them sooo comfortable! Sometimes my feet start to feel restricted in normal sneakers after a long day; these are nice because I feel my feet can breath and they hold up really well! I hope they work out for you!

All your nighttime Pandora pics are so pretty! I love the PP magic shot with the tree spirits, gorgeous. :goodvibes

Day 3, October 23, 2017 - Epcot

Today was a special day - it was my parent's 35th wedding anniversary! We would be spending the day at Epcot and were up early to make it to our pre park opening ADR! We were on the bus around 7:20 and it was still dark out!

We got into the park a few minutes after 8 and enjoyed walking through an empty Epcot!

We checked in for breakfast at our destination- Garden Grill! I have been wanting to eat here forever so I was very excited we finally were getting to do it!

We started with the sticky bun and fresh fruit. Omg this sticky bun was soooo delicious!

And then the hot foods came out, which were all delicous!

Up next...Character time!

Today was a special day - it was my parent's 35th wedding anniversary! We would be spending the day at Epcot and were up early to make it to our pre park opening ADR!

How sweet! What better way to celebrate it than going to Epcot! That's how we'll be spending our anniversary this year as well :)

Your food at GG looks so yummy! I'd like to go sometime, though I sometimes manage to get a little dizzy/motion sick in rotating restaurants, even though they're so slow. I'm excited to see your character interactions here!

Thank you! Those were all iPhone pictures, so I was pretty pleased with how they came out!
Which phone did you use? I wanted to upgrade to an X but am having issues with my company agreeing to it! I’d love to get a better low light camera for nighttime shots!

Today was a special day - it was my parent's 35th wedding anniversary!
Awww, that's amazing! Happy belated anniversary to them! :thumbsup2

Garden Grill! I have been wanting to eat here forever so I was very excited we finally were getting to do it!
Me too! I've never eaten here but I love, love, love the Land pavilion and I love seeing Garden Grill from LWTL. Someday! ::yes:: Your breakfast looked delicious!

Oh wow, 35 years, that's amazing! Congrats to them.

Looks like there was a good amount of food at the Garden Grill breakfast. And that gigantic sticky bun puts the cinnamon roll at Gaston's Tavern to shame. (And that's saying something!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter