Hakuna Matata, A Baked Potato! -Oct '17 TR *Completed, New PTR Link*

I will always miss Wishes, but watching the livestream they did of the premier of Happily Ever After leaves me hopeful that it's a worthy replacement. I'm glad y'all enjoyed it!

Nighttime at MK is just the best! I'm excited to see what y'all accomplish!

Another NJ girl here! Loving your report. Your November (Jersey Week) 2016 TR has helped me plan some of our Jersey Week trip this year.

Woo hoo!! Thanks for joining in :) I'm glad my TR is helping you! How is the planning going?

I will always miss Wishes, but watching the livestream they did of the premier of Happily Ever After leaves me hopeful that it's a worthy replacement. I'm glad y'all enjoyed it!

Nighttime at MK is just the best! I'm excited to see what y'all accomplish!

It will never be Wishes, but I accept that things have to change and it's a really good show!

Isn't it?? Something so magical about it in the dark!

Woo hoo!! Thanks for joining in :) I'm glad my TR is helping you! How is the planning going?

It will never be Wishes, but I accept that things have to change and it's a really good show!

Isn't it?? Something so magical about it in the dark!

Plans are going well. Made our ADRs yesterday morning. Now I'm getting very excited!

Day 5, October 25, 2017 - EMH!

We said goodbye to my friends and headed to SDMT to use our FP! And again, we all had a blast!! Love riding this at night!

We all were a little hungry, so we decided to stop at Cosmic Ray's for a snack. It was also a little chilly this night so it was nice to go inside and warm up a bit! I think my parents split a burger and I just ate their fries. The place was so empty! And we had to say a quick hello to Sonny before leaving!

It was after 11 when we left and Extra Magic Hours had officially begun! I wanted to do as much as we could with the 2 hours and hopefully see some low wait times! We made our way over to Storybook Circus for our first stop.

We were heading to Dumbo, which we only had to wait one cycle before getting on!

We decided to walk through New Fantasyland, which was super deserted!

*Sorry, after this I didn't seem to take many pictures!*

We noticed Winnie the Pooh was also a walk on and even though my parents don't love it they agreed we could do it!

We then decided to go on Peter Pan. It wasn't a walk on but it was short enough that I suggested we do it so we could check out the interactive queue. I think we waited about 20-25 mins.

We then headed over to Frontierland to ride BTMRR, which had a pretty short wait. It had been a while since I rode this at night and we had so much!

When we got off, it was nearing park close. We were all pretty cold but I wasn't ready to let the night go! I begged and pleaded to do one more ride. My mom is always up for it but my dad was feeling tired at this point. Finally he caved so we headed to do one final ride- Pirates!

Of course the night couldn't end without some drama (and of course it had to be on the ride I begged to go on). There was a lot of boat backup when we hit the final scene. We were there for about 5 minutes or so and I was starting to worry (and feel bad that I made us push through one more ride). But finally we made it to the exit and saw what the hold up was. I guess an elderly lady tripped when getting off the boat and hurt herself pretty bad, so medics had to come and take care of her. I felt really bad that it had to happen to that family on what was probably their final ride of the night as well. But it seemed like she would be ok.

After that it was really time to head to the exit!

We lingered around to take some pics before heading out!

Tired selfie :faint:

It was a long, long day but so much fun and really couldn't have gone any better!

Up next...a rest morning!

I never noticed those details at the bottom of the wishing well! That's pretty awesome and something I'll have to pay attention to next time around.

Wow, you guys seemed to have found a pretty great spot for Happily Ever After. It looks like you were able to watch all the projections, which is awesome!

Man, you guys took MK by storm that day. I can't believe how much you accomplished and how long you stayed til!

Poor woman on Pirates...honestly, I'm surprised this doesn't happen more often. That step up from the unsteady boats can be difficult...

39445509370_d0a66ab3da_z.jpg

This came out neat!!

How pretty! :lovestruc There's something so magical and nostalgic about this view for me. Magic Kingdom at night is one of my favourite places to be!

But finally we made it to the exit and saw what the hold up was. I guess an elderly lady tripped when getting off the boat and hurt herself pretty bad, so medics had to come and take care of her. I felt really bad that it had to happen to that family on what was probably their final ride of the night as well. But it seemed like she would be ok.

Oh no! That's too bad! I hope she was okay! I'm sure it's very common to have people injuring themselves in the parks. I read a FB post in a Disney-related group not long ago by a woman who'd broken her leg in Animal Kingdom, and there were lots of people commenting on it about how they, or someone they knew, had broken bones at Disney. :scared:

Love riding this at night!

I can tell! I love the pure joy on your face! :goodvibes

We decided to walk through New Fantasyland, which was super deserted!
Holy cow, it sure was! Isn't it so neat to see the parks like this?! It's so rare!

This is so adorable!!!

Awww, nothing better than those pumpkins until the end of the trip... then I want to cry when I see the "See ya real soon" :sad::laughing:

Did I see correctly that EMH started at 11pm!? :scared1: I'd say the rest morning the next day was well deserved! :thumbsup2

Just wanted to pop in to say that, in addition to this TR, I also went back and enjoyed your DL TR Come on and Live the Magic! - Sept. 2015 Disneyland TR *Completed 9/6*!

I have been trying to find DL TRs from folks who are more familiar with WDW but then went and spent a week at DL. I have to been to DL for two one-day solo visits while in SoCal for work, so I am familiar with DL and DCA generally, but my daughter has never been. I realize it is 11 months away, but I am already planning for next April :) I checked out the Anaheim Desert Inn and it looks like a great spot for us in terms of its perfect location, price, pool, etc. I think we will probably stay there. We just need a basic room, and free breakfast in the morning will be good too. Just wanted to say thanks for a great report!

I never noticed those details at the bottom of the wishing well! That's pretty awesome and something I'll have to pay attention to next time around.

Wow, you guys seemed to have found a pretty great spot for Happily Ever After. It looks like you were able to watch all the projections, which is awesome!

Man, you guys took MK by storm that day. I can't believe how much you accomplished and how long you stayed til!

Poor woman on Pirates...honestly, I'm surprised this doesn't happen more often. That step up from the unsteady boats can be difficult...

It really is so awesome- yet again Disney doesn't miss out on the little details!

We managed a great viewing spot for the fireworks, it worked out very well!

We really did do so much, I was proud of us!

Getting off/on rides can be pretty difficult. I felt bad for the woman as I knew that could have easily been my dad!

This came out neat!!

How pretty! :lovestruc There's something so magical and nostalgic about this view for me. Magic Kingdom at night is one of my favourite places to be!

Oh no! That's too bad! I hope she was okay! I'm sure it's very common to have people injuring themselves in the parks. I read a FB post in a Disney-related group not long ago by a woman who'd broken her leg in Animal Kingdom, and there were lots of people commenting on it about how they, or someone they knew, had broken bones at Disney. :scared:

Thank you! I love being on Dumbo at night and trying to capture the magic of it.

I feel like I rarely find myself in Frontierland at night, so this was really nice! And I agree, not much can top MK at night!

Wow that's crazy! :worried:

I can tell! I love the pure joy on your face! :goodvibes

Holy cow, it sure was! Isn't it so neat to see the parks like this?! It's so rare!

This is so adorable!!!

Awww, nothing better than those pumpkins until the end of the trip... then I want to cry when I see the "See ya real soon" :sad::laughing:

Did I see correctly that EMH started at 11pm!? :scared1: I'd say the rest morning the next day was well deserved! :thumbsup2

Aww thanks!

So neat! This is the second time I've done PM EMH at MK and I really love it!

Thank you!

Ugh I totally agree!

YES! We really powered through on this day :rotfl:

Just wanted to pop in to say that, in addition to this TR, I also went back and enjoyed your DL TR Come on and Live the Magic! - Sept. 2015 Disneyland TR *Completed 9/6*!

I have been trying to find DL TRs from folks who are more familiar with WDW but then went and spent a week at DL. I have to been to DL for two one-day solo visits while in SoCal for work, so I am familiar with DL and DCA generally, but my daughter has never been. I realize it is 11 months away, but I am already planning for next April :) I checked out the Anaheim Desert Inn and it looks like a great spot for us in terms of its perfect location, price, pool, etc. I think we will probably stay there. We just need a basic room, and free breakfast in the morning will be good too. Just wanted to say thanks for a great report!

Thanks for reading it! I'm so glad it's been helpful to you. It's never too early to plan your next trip ;) Happy to hear you guys will be making your way over there! We were very happy with that hotel and the proximity to the parks (and the price).

Day 6, October 26, 2017 - Exploring All Star Music!

Today was a much needed rest morning! We would be attending MNSSHP so we had no plans until we had to leave for that! I'm pretty terrible at taking notes on non park days but I will do my best to recap! I'm not sure what time we woke up, it might have been close to 8:30 because I remember looking at my phone and going WOAH we all slept in! We all threw some clothes on and headed to the food court for breakfast.

I went all in this morning and got the bounty platter!

After breakfast, Dad headed back to the room to chill while my mom and I explored the resort!

I think we spent about an hour walking around!

When we got back to the room I was WIPED. The long days were finally catching up to me and I needed sleep! So I decided to try and take a nap. It never usually works out for me but this time it did! By the time I woke up, both my parents were already showered and it was my time to do the same if I wanted to stay on schedule for the afternoon! I was definitely dragging a little, but luckily the shower helped wake me up!

Once we were ready, we headed back to the food court. I have nothing in my notes about what any of us got lol I know it was nothing big, just small snacks to hold us over.

We were at the bus stop around 3 and I was super pumped and finally energized for my most anticipated night of the trip!

Up next...Time to head to MNSSHP!

Glad you had some rest time this day, enjoy your pictures of the resort! Excited to hear about your party evening.

You're cute as a button and I love your Halloween ears and shirt! It looks like you all are having an awesome time!!

Glad you were able to nap before your big night at the Halloween Party! That rest day was probably much needed and hopefully helped give you enough energy to make it through the late night.
Love your shirt!

Your MK night looks so fun! You made some great choices...Dumbo and BTMRR are two of the best to do at night in the dark. We've never gotten to do 7 Dwarfs at night, but I can imagine it's another great nighttime choice.

How scary for that poor lady on Pirates! Hopefully she was okay.

Great pictures around the resort. It's nice to get a rest day in after go-go-going all trip. Yay for MNSSHP! The Minnie ears & t-shirt are adorable!!

Glad you had some rest time this day, enjoy your pictures of the resort! Excited to hear about your party evening.

The rest was needed! Thank you! :)

You're cute as a button and I love your Halloween ears and shirt! It looks like you all are having an awesome time!!

Aww thank you so much! :goodvibes We did have a wonderful trip!

Yay!!! I've always wanted to do this but so far it just hasn't worked out. Someday!

You could not be any cuter!!! LOVE your look :thumbsup2 And omg, I'm just noticing your necklace - amazing! :goodvibes

You really need to, it's SUCH a blast!

Aww you're too sweet! Thank you! Hehe I had to add a little villain touch in there ;)

Glad you were able to nap before your big night at the Halloween Party! That rest day was probably much needed and hopefully helped give you enough energy to make it through the late night.
Love your shirt!

That nap and rest morning was definitely needed!

Thank you! :)

Your MK night looks so fun! You made some great choices...Dumbo and BTMRR are two of the best to do at night in the dark. We've never gotten to do 7 Dwarfs at night, but I can imagine it's another great nighttime choice.

How scary for that poor lady on Pirates! Hopefully she was okay.

Great pictures around the resort. It's nice to get a rest day in after go-go-going all trip. Yay for MNSSHP! The Minnie ears & t-shirt are adorable!!

It was a great late night! I think I've ridden Dumbo more at night than during the day! And BTMRR is just so special when it's dark! Hopefully you get to do Mine Train at some point at night because it's just as fabulous!

The Pirates moment was scary! I felt so sad that they ended their night that way.

Thank you! TUsually I want to be in the parks at all times, but I am SO glad we planned a rest day with 2 back to back late nights!

Seems like a good idea to get some rest!

Very good idea!

Love reading your trip report!! Sounds like a super magical vacation with a great family!!

Thank you so much for reading! It certainly was magical! I see you have a trip planned this year- how exciting!!

Day 6, October 26, 2017 - Pre-MNSSHP fun!

We pulled under the MK sign around 3:30- the pumpkins were not quite inflated yet!

I have in my notes that we entered the park a little after 4!

Our first stop was to take picture with the pumpkins in Town Square! While in line I was recognized by the lovely @tinkerbell1991 !(It was so nice meeting you!!) She had mentioned during one of my PTR updates that she would be at the same party as me so it was so funny that we ended up right in line together! (My parents also wanted to know if I was famous getting recognized by a stranger :rotfl2:).

The line moved fairly quickly and we had our pics taken.

After that we collected our Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom cards and then headed for the bypass!

We stopped for all the PP photographers in there (Shocking!!) and collected our first treats of the night!

After that we wanted to get a few pictures on Main Street, so we stopped at a couple of different spots.

The next 2 photos will be labeled "How you react when someone walks right in front of the photopass"

It clearly did not phase my mom! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Up next...The party officially begins!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter