Half board and teenagers

cookie334

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone

I haven't been on here or to any Disney for a good few years but have just booked to go in a few weeks (eeeeek sooooo excited).

It's changed a bit since the last time we were there and I have a couple of questions I hope you can maybe help me with...

We've gone for the free half board but I've seen it's a quick service breakfast in the parks now. Is there a way I can upgrade that to the hotel buffet breakfast and if so does anyone know the cost please? (Staying at New York).

Second question is, my eldest is 16. She was counted as a child in the booking but looking at the menus etc, the children's menu is only for up to 11 years. Will she get an adult meal voucher? If she gets a child's one, can she order from the children's menu?

Thanks in advance!
Viv

P.S. I'm probably gonna have a tonne of other questions before I go

Hi can't help with the upgrade value but we went in January (stayed at Sequoia) with free half board (we stuck with the counter service breakfast). My daughter was 14 at the time and we got the child's voucher. We were only there for two nights ate in Billy Bobs which was a buffet anyway and Annette's - she had to choose from the children's menu but if you look at them it was more than enough for her (she's quite petite anyway). The burger was more or less the same size as mine. The menus are on the DLP website so you can get an idea. Have a great time X

Thank you to be honest I think she'd prefer the children's menu but just wanted to be prepared and I wasn't sure if they'd let her order from it being 16 but that's great, thank you for your help.

Did you find the counter service breakfast ok? I've heard of people queuing for most of early magic hours and don't fancy that lol

When buying tickets separately a child ticket is only valid for up to 11 yr olds. Although when booking a package a child price is up to 17 yr olds.

I would have guessed she would have got an adult voucher as is over the age of being eligible for a child's ticket but I know someone else said their child got a child's voucher although they were 14 yrs.

As for breakfast you could always do EMH first then go for breakfast as I think you can use the voucher up til about 11am

Thank you to be honest I think she'd prefer the children's menu but just wanted to be prepared and I wasn't sure if they'd let her order from it being 16 but that's great, thank you for your help.

Did you find the counter service breakfast ok? I've heard of people queuing for most of early magic hours and don't fancy that lol

We found the breakfast to be fine we've done it twice now (last August and this Jan). Both times no problem. We used the New York deli in the village (you can use it it does state on your voucher but a lot don't notice). Was quiet and once we'd done we could then head to the parks for the day. X

Hi, I have just booked with the meal plan included, and my kids are 12 and 14 years old. I just double checked my booking, and mine states 4x adult meal vouchers.

A bit odd that they are doing different things with different bookings.

My 12 year old doesn't fancy the set menu offerings, and I am thinking that I may pay cash for him to have a child's menu at table service and use his ticket during lunch.

Hi, I have just booked with the meal plan included, and my kids are 12 and 14 years old. I just double checked my booking, and mine states 4x adult meal vouchers.

A bit odd that they are doing different things with different bookings.

My 12 year old doesn't fancy the set menu offerings, and I am thinking that I may pay cash for him to have a child's menu at table service and use his ticket during lunch.

That's interesting, unless it's changed since January? Ours was the free half board is yours? To be honest my daughter wouldn't have wanted to eat from the adult menu anyway so it was ok for us.

That's interesting, unless it's changed since January? Ours was the free half board is yours? To be honest my daughter wouldn't have wanted to eat from the adult menu anyway so it was ok for us.

Yes, ours is the free half board. I know I read somewhere about the meal plans changig after 31st March. I thought that was just the counter breakfast, but now see otherwise. I am in the UK, so maybe they differ to each country.

Thank you for the replies.

Disney mam, where about on your confirmation does it say? I've checked my email and it just says half board plus, nothing about adults/children.

Thank you for the replies.

Disney mam, where about on your confirmation does it say? I've checked my email and it just says half board plus, nothing about adults/children.

Hi, it is on my booking confirmation not invoice, sorry.

Disney's Sequoia Lodge®

Tue 30th October 2018 - Sat 3rd November 2018

Standard Room

Includes 5 days Disney Parks access for your whole party!

Plus Meal Plan

Half Board

4 x Adults (12+)

Did you pay for the meal plan? Definitely doesn't specify on mine, just says 2 adults, one child, one infant, 3 nights, 4 days including half board meal plan. I got it free though so perhaps that is why?

Did you pay for the meal plan? Definitely doesn't specify on mine, just says 2 adults, one child, one infant, 3 nights, 4 days including half board meal plan. I got it free though so perhaps that is why?

It is the FREE meal plan.

what website did you book through? I didn't book through Disneyland Paris direct, but the overall Disney website of Disneyholidays.

Ah that's probably what it is, I booked through DLP site. Hopefully still be the same but would have liked to know 100% before we go.

when do you go? We fly out Wednesday but not at Disney till Sunday, getting excited now though!

Ah that's probably what it is, I booked through DLP site. Hopefully still be the same but would have liked to know 100% before we go.

when do you go? We fly out Wednesday but not at Disney till Sunday, getting excited now though!

My friend just booked through site as me, and they have a 12 years old. His also stated Adults (x3) on the meal. So it must be that.

I don't go until 30th October though. Not been since 2011 and I am looking forward to see what changes there are. My boys were vegetarians (and Hubby) every time we went. But none of them are now, so things will probably be much easier. But I have noticed DLP have improved their vegetarian information and offerings.

It does seem different depending who you book with or what offers you get. We added breakfast at plaza gardens and got charged more than what someone mentioned on here, still don't know what happened. Disney insisted it was right and when we got there they tried to make us pay again .

Enjoy your trip, such a magical place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!