Half price drinks on Castaway Cay

How the heck did I miss this so many times as I drag my flipped-flopped feet down the sidewalk not wanting to go back? Going to have to try this again :boat::sail::drinking:

I know this thread is old but I was doing a search in regards to half price drinks at Castaway Cay and this is the only one I found.

Curious because our friends who traveled on the Dream in December said they were able to get 1/2 price drinks on CC after a certain time. Maybe 2pm? Does anyone know if this is actually a set in stone thing or hit and miss as the old thread seemed to indicate.

Thanks all!

My impression is that it is still hit or miss. We've been cruising on DCL since November 2013, and we've seen this a few times, but not every cruise. When we've seen it, it's been 2 for 1 ANY drink, as long as it was 2 of the same drink. No discount on one drink. We saw it on CC and on the ship. I've also seen 2 for 1 near the adult pool in the morning on mimosas, screwdrivers and blood mary's. FWIW, I feel like we saw it more on Dream and Fantasy out of PC -- I don't think we ever saw it on our two sailings on Magic out of NY, but I'm not sure.

The Dream last week had half price bloody mary and mimosa at the Satellite falls on the Sea day.

I remember getting Sting Rays at a discount a few times. Also, if you buy the bamboo souvenir cup..............they fill it up at a discount all day long

They have Bloody Mary and Mimosa specials in the morning, it's the same as by the pool, $4 or $5. The bar at Serenity Beach made a very good spicy Blood Mary.

We received 2 for 1 mudslides on CC to our great surprise. We chalked it up to it being Fourth of July weekend and maybe they were running a holiday special. It hasn’t happened since and we order them each time we go.

They have happy hour, 2 for 1's on the ship and CC. Its a certain time, not sure exactly but they will be pretty obvious. We were on the beach by the water slides on CC and they announced it. It was konk coolers for sure and some beer.
We had 2 for 1 drinks on the Dream one night we were playing bingo.

I was on CC for a very cold and windy day in January. Walking past Conched Out at 3:30 heading to the tram, they were offering raspberry margaritas 2 for 1. It wasn't a happy hour per se . Clearly, they were just trying to get rid of the left overs before everyone bailed off the island. It worked for me

I was on CC for a very cold and windy day in January. Walking past Conched Out at 3:30 heading to the tram, they were offering raspberry margaritas 2 for 1. It wasn't a happy hour per se . Clearly, they were just trying to get rid of the left overs before everyone bailed off the island. It worked for me

Ah, this sounds like a relevant point. One wonders if some days they anticipate too many sales of one pre-mixed drink or another and need to get rid of the excess by the end of the day. It'd explain why most (not all, but most) of these anecdotes involve a specific drink being discounted. It'd also explain why the "happy hours" are apparently so sporadic and unpredictable.

I'm not aware of any specials that were offered during my cruise beyond the typical Drink of the Day discount, but I didn't hang around on CC much past lunchtime. Very interested re: mimosas; is that every morning? And I guess my housemate likes a good Bloody Mary (I personally don't understand how people can drink those....).

The last time I had 2 for 1 was in 2014, Conched Out bar. It was around 2pm when I'd stopped by to grab a Konk Kooler. They asked if I wanted a souvenir cup, I said no, then the bartender told me it was 2 for 1. Who am I to turn down a free drink?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter