Hall of Presidents

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll never know the real reasons for the delay. But it sounds like the attraction will be opening with President Trump having his speaking part. So there you go. Story over.
Disney released a statement that says the delay is due to extensive theater upgrades.

A whole lot of maybes, supposing and what ifs on this thread. Fact is Disney has not figured out how to get the pant suit off the Auto-Animatronic figure built before the election last year.

I heard that Disney was having trouble with that particular shade of orange. They didn't have many problems with Barry, they had a history of dealing with characters with big ears.

Based on that article..this seems like more trouble than it's worth. If he won't cooperate, omit him. Call it "the hall of presidents who are dead and/or willing to cooperate with Disney".

Why should he be allowed to write his own speech? Every other president was willing to collaborate with Disney. I think we can ALL agree that his speech should be non-partisan, as "content-less" as possible, and surely should not include a promotion of his business interests.....why can't he work with others and accept that?

If Disney did in fact cave and allow him to write his own speech with no input.....I hope that becomes public knowledge.

And no president should allow others to put words in his mouth that he doesn't agree with. It is not fathomable that the speech wouldn't be about the exceptionalism of the country. He ran and won on that.

When we were there in the spring, the CM specifically said that the entire theatre was going to be completely redone, seats, etc. so I believe that to be true.
I hope so and unfortunately, I believe a lot of other theaters need to be redone, especially in the seats. When I was bigger, sitting in the seats was a nightmare. Now, it's a nightmare for my husband and I hate watching him be uncomfortable. I'm sure there are a lot of other guests who need a more comfortable seat.

And no president should allow others to put words in his mouth that he doesn't agree with. It is not fathomable that the speech wouldn't be about the exceptionalism of the country. He ran and won on that.

And no company should pay to build a attraction featuring someone saying things that they do not agree with. Last time I checked Disney is footing the bill, so it would make sense that they would also want a bit of control over their attraction.

Let Trump stall and stall. I highly doubt that Disney will give in. Rather they will do their utmost best to make it happen, and if it does not, then Oh well, there are plenty of past presidents.

I'm still all in with the "slow walking" theory. They know a lot of people are going to over react when they put in a speaking Trump. You can tell that just by the reaction to the real thing since November. They also know he was elected by a huge portion of their customer base and they won't take it well if they decide not to give him a speaking part.

I could totally see them saying "You know, THIS would be a great time to renovate the theater!" in hopes that at least some people will cool off a bit by the time it opens.

I agree though that we'll likely never know the entire true story.

I never told anyone to stop commenting like you just did

I said that this story is over IMO

I didn't tell other people to stop commenting, I told you that if you feel there's nothing else to discuss then stop commenting because you seem to think the story is over and there is nothing left to discuss. Clearly, you're looking for an argument and you won't get it from me.

I'm still all in with the "slow walking" theory. They know a lot of people are going to over react when they put in a speaking Trump. You can tell that just by the reaction to the real thing since November. They also know he was elected by a huge portion of their customer base and they won't take it well if they decide not to give him a speaking part.

I could totally see them saying "You know, THIS would be a great time to renovate the theater!" in hopes that at least some people will cool off a bit by the time it opens.

I agree though that we'll likely never know the entire true story.

This. 100%.

But it's going to be a great theater, the greatest theater in America. There's no greater theater. Believe me. :duck:

When we were there in the spring, the CM specifically said that the entire theatre was going to be completely redone, seats, etc. so I believe that to be true.

Or when they knew they wouldn't be able to open on time due to delays in getting the speech recorded they moved up the refurb that was planned for another year to have a better excuse. There's no reason for them to wait until so close to the original reopen date if they knew this all along.

I never told anyone to stop commenting like you just did

I said that this story is over IMO

But how can the story be over when the attraction has not been reopened? LOL Maybe when it is all re-opened and we know some what of what the conclusion is (Trump speaking, Pence speaking, Millard Fillmore speaking), then you could say the 'story' is over or at least has a conclusion... and while I am not an English major (neuroscience is my geek land)... pretty sure that since we are all waiting and seeing what still has yet to happen... then that is the definition of being in the "middle of a story"

I'm NOT fan of Trump, but I 100% agree with this.
(Definitely don't have a problem with something along the lines of making America great - its pretty similar to many prior presidents' statements during wartime, depression, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter