Hall of Presidents

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or when they knew they wouldn't be able to open on time due to delays in getting the speech recorded they moved up the refurb that was planned for another year to have a better excuse. There's no reason for them to wait until so close to the original reopen date if they knew this all along.

Often when you hear hooves, it's horses, not zebras. There is no reason to not believe that they are going to refurbish a well worn theatre. There is no reason not to believe that President Trump will record his speech, so much for conspiracy theories.

Often when you here hooves, it's horses, not zebras. There is no reason to not believe that they are going to refurbish a well worn theatre. There is no reason not to believe that President Trump will record his speech, so much for conspiracy theories.
Except the original reopen date was June 30 and that date was officially held until.... yesterday, when all of a sudden it became much later due to a previously undisclosed refurb. Spin it how you want, the attraction was closed as per usual with an election with a reopen date in just a few days. Now that is not happening and instead... surprise, it's going to be closed for the better part of a year. Like you said, hooves are probably horses and if it was going to be closed this long because Disney originally planned it that way, then it would have been announced that way instead of a 6/30 reopening.

Something significant has happened between the original idea for closing the ride as per usual with a new president and the reality of this new announcement. We can speculate all we want and attempt to subtlety or not point to the company or the situation in the Oval Office, but the fact is, this is a major change from what was expected and the reason behind it would certainly be of interest to people on this board.

But how can the story be over when the attraction has not been reopened? LOL Maybe when it is all re-opened and we know some what of what the conclusion is (Trump speaking, Pence speaking, Millard Fillmore speaking), then you could say the 'story' is over or at least has a conclusion... and while I am not an English major (neuroscience is my geek land)... pretty sure that since we are all waiting and seeing what still has yet to happen... then that is the definition of being in the "middle of a story"

Ok fair enough it has to open first. But barring Disney putting out any more statements, I think the story is over for now. Disney has said he is going to be in it, he is going to speak and they have a rough estimate on an opening date.

Refurb delays are the norm at Disney, not the exception. Waiting until the last minute to inform the public is also not uncommon. Sounds like a big project, so "technical difficulties" are inevitable. No need to whip out the super-secret decoder rings and turn it into "Jerk Trump Pence Head!" Does it really matter when it reopens? As with every new President, I am looking forward to visiting and enjoying the show. It's a wonderful reminder of our enduring value in the peaceful transfer of power. :goodvibes

Ok fair enough it has to open first. But barring Disney putting out any more statements, I think the story is over for now. Disney has said he is going to be in it, he is going to speak and they have a rough estimate on an opening date.

I think the statements from Disney are done. We will not hear anymore on this topic until it re-opens

I'm NOT fan of Trump, but I 100% agree with this.
(Definitely don't have a problem with something along the lines of making America great - its pretty similar to many prior presidents' statements during wartime, depression, etc.)

I agree 100%

Disney is showing respect to the "office". They know the power of the Presidency and that is why they are bending over backwards not to offend the "office" and make some compromises probably.

If they go against that they know there would be serious backlash.

Disney is a money making machine they are not stupid.

I never had an doubt that Trump would talk. That's what's been done forever. I am curious why the speech has not yet been recorded.

Amusingly, this means the pp who said the Vice stories were fake news was correct...

Bet their source was a bus driver...

Either

1) This was fakenews and their source was just not credible at all
2) Since Disney has a vested interest in Vice, Disney made them retract and put out that statement to save some face.

One or the other.

Either

1) This was fakenews and their source was just not credible at all
2) Since Disney has a vested interest in Vice, Disney made them retract and put out that statement to save some face.

One or the other.

Nah, full retraction of all articles and "evaluation of source" means fear of lawsuit...see CNN this weekend. It was wholesale made up news and they got caught...and people believed it b/c they wanted to believe it.

My rule nowadays...if you wanna believe anybody's news, you need to see the source's name, the actual pics of the docs, or some other tangible evidence. Pretty much every "anonymous single source" article at this point should be assumed to be crap...by everyone...

I just wish we knew what "late" 2017 meant. I hate "dates" like that. I am going to WDW in "late" 2017 (November 14-21) and would really like to see it, since I don't go to WDW all the time. I know refurbishments are a regular part of the WDW schedule, so I won't be that upset if we have to miss it, but my husband is a bit of a history fan and would probably really enjoy HoP. He's never been before really, and was quite looking forward to those more educational attractions, like CoP and Spaceship Earth, to name a few. Hoping that late 2017 means October/early November. Looking forward to a nice new-looking theater now, though.

Refurb delays are the norm at Disney, not the exception. Waiting until the last minute to inform the public is also not uncommon. Sounds like a big project, so "technical difficulties" are inevitable. No need to whip out the super-secret decoder rings and turn it into "Jerk Trump Pence Head!" Does it really matter when it reopens? As with every new President, I am looking forward to visiting and enjoying the show. It's a wonderful reminder of our enduring value in the peaceful transfer of power. :goodvibes
Some more peaceful than others. ;)

I'm NOT fan of Trump, but I 100% agree with this.
(Definitely don't have a problem with something along the lines of making America great - its pretty similar to many prior presidents' statements during wartime, depression, etc.)

Unfortunately, "Make America Great Again" is, in this climate, a political statement that is pretty partisan, and I don't think Disney wants a partisan statement in their attraction. To go into depth about why it is partisan is obviously a violation of the board's rules.

That being said, I think it will end up being in the speech. I have to admit, although I will probably give the actual attraction a pass, I am VERY curious about what he ends up saying.

Bottom line is WE DO NOT KNOW WHAT WE DO NOT KNOW.

What we do know is we had a set/published opening date.

In a flash this went out the window and a story no one had heard was tossed out there.

This is nothing complicated, they've added Presidents, they've updated the theater, nothing highly technical here.

Disney never really responds to published stories about their projects, plans etc.

This time Disney flipped out and posted a screenshot announcement.

There is NO credible source here.

Not Vice, not Disney.

We just have to wait to see what the "new show" will be, whenever that happens.

And am sure the theater will sit mostly empty like it always does.

AND it has not been done this way forever.
For 22 years it was only historic Presidents speaking.
For 24 years it has had current Presidents speaking.
That was just 3 Presidents.

Last edited:
If I remember correctly (and some Disney historian back me here) When either W or Clinton was added the attraction was actually closed almost 1 year due to renovations.

I remember reading that somewhere

If I remember correctly (and some Disney historian back me here) When either W or Clinton was added the attraction was actually closed almost 1 year due to renovations.

I remember reading that somewhere

Yes the last theater rehab ... but they announced rehab, began in September prior to elections. Opened in October after election. No surprises, preplanned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!