Halloween 2019 advice needed

Benjsh

Earning My Ears
Me and the wife are taking our 5 year old for his first Halloween DLP trip (his 3rd trip to DLP in total).
We will be at the park Wed 16th - Friday 18th October and fly home Saturday. This is the week before the main half term holiday.

1. Am i right in assuming that it will be much much quieter this week?

2. What advice can people offer about how to get the most out of our trip as none of us have visited for Halloween before.

3. Character Meets - Are there any hints and tips to maximise this? We have 3 full days on park and are not going to bother with the Studios park on this visit with so much closed right now.

4. Halloween Parades and Shows - Am I right in thinking these still take place in the whole of the Halloween season and not just over the main Halloween week itself?

Any help and advice would be very much appreciated.

1. Yes, school holidays start for many European countries in the last week of October. Going during the week is a good choice.

2 & 3 & 4. The last few years we had a special parade/show and a show on castle stage. After the show on the castle stage about half of the villains stay and have meet & greets, they switch after each show. Each will have a designated meeting spot, stand at the front, characters pick who they meet, having a sweater/bag/plushie etc with you from their movie will get their attention. This is about moving quickly so no time for long conversations, they only stay out 5-10 minutes after the show.
The shows on the castle stage can be different, last year they had 2 version, so it can be worth it to see it more than once.
There are lots of villains roaming around Fantasyland. Maleficent's line was constantly huge last year.
Yes, the shows and entertainment is there for the full week of Halloween.
Trick or treating is not a big thing, but DLP is always sponsored by Haribo and usually they hand out candy at character meets.

3. Are you staying onsite? I would dedicated one EMH morning to meeting characters. Start on your left with the one on the left, usually that is where Mickey and/or Minnie meets, then crossover to the opposite side of the street, usually Goofy and/or Pluto.
If available then the Gazebo, then end of Main street. Then before the park opens get in line for the Princess Pavillion. When you get out, get in line to meet Mickey next to the Fantasyland station. From about 10.30 or 11.00 usually the Halloween characters start meeting.

Thanks for the reply. Really helpful.

No we're not staying on site (we never do) but we do have passes so it's not too different really as still get that valuable EMH.

My son has met most of the princesses on previous two trips plus countless other characters too. This trip he really wants to meet the villains and in particular Maleficient and Evil Queen. Plus he adores NBC so Jack Skellington/Sally are must sees too. I think we will try and meet as many villains as we can though over the 3 days sandwiched between rides on our fav attractions. That's the plan.

Looking forward to seeing a different type of parade and castle show for a change too.

Saw your update for being at DLP tomorrow :)
Some updates after my last message:
Jack Skellington is meeting at Phantom Manor, I haven't seen Sally with him. I havent seen any mention that Evil Queen is meeting.
Based on what I see on Social Media is that there is one version of the Halloween Show on castle stage. However the characters meeting after the show are not the ones in the show. In the show are Ursula (definitely not meeting ;-) ) with Gaston, Lady Tremaine & Daughters, Facilier, Cruella and Evil Queen.
Meeting afterwards are Ratcliff, Frollo, Queen of Hearts, Jafar and Captain Hook.

Meeting characters after the show can be tricky, as they only meet for a short time after the show and there are many people to meet them. Make sure you stand at the front and try to get the attention of the character or CM, having something of the character with you, think wearing a coat/sweater of their movie, bring a plushie, a bag etc. definitely improves your chances.

The Halloween parade ends with a show in front of the castle so 2 options, either stand along the parade route, or take a place at the hub. The hub has 4 stages with dancing characters and dancers.

Also before Illuminations starts there is a mini Halloween show projected on the castle.

Have fun!

Saw your update for being at DLP tomorrow :)
Some updates after my last message:
Jack Skellington is meeting at Phantom Manor, I haven't seen Sally with him. I havent seen any mention that Evil Queen is meeting.
Based on what I see on Social Media is that there is one version of the Halloween Show on castle stage. However the characters meeting after the show are not the ones in the show. In the show are Ursula (definitely not meeting ;-) ) with Gaston, Lady Tremaine & Daughters, Facilier, Cruella and Evil Queen.
Meeting afterwards are Ratcliff, Frollo, Queen of Hearts, Jafar and Captain Hook.

Meeting characters after the show can be tricky, as they only meet for a short time after the show and there are many people to meet them. Make sure you stand at the front and try to get the attention of the character or CM, having something of the character with you, think wearing a coat/sweater of their movie, bring a plushie, a bag etc. definitely improves your chances.

The Halloween parade ends with a show in front of the castle so 2 options, either stand along the parade route, or take a place at the hub. The hub has 4 stages with dancing characters and dancers.

Also before Illuminations starts there is a mini Halloween show projected on the castle.

Have fun!

Thanks for this. We are going to book to meet Jack as I believe you have to do it via the app. It's the only one that works this way i am led to believe.

Thanks for this. We are going to book to meet Jack as I believe you have to do it via the app. It's the only one that works this way i am led to believe.
Yes, when you look at the programme they will be using Lineberty to manage the queues for Jack. I haven't used it in a while, but the first set starts at 10, so at 9:45 you should be able to start making reservations, but I would check a bit earlier.
http://download.disneylandparis.com/Disneyland-Paris_Shows-and-Parades.pdf

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!