Halloween - camping ground

tinkerbell1991

DIS Veteran
Hi all,
I'm from the UK so apologies if my questions are obvious ones but I've started to look into the amazing Halloween displays that are at the camping ground.
I can see that you're able to drive round on golf carts but are you able to reserve these via the internet as ringing would cost me a fortune and also, how far in advance can you reserve one as I'd want Halloween night itself which is obviously the most desired night I can imagine?
Do you just drive round and take in the sights or can you stop/pullover and have a good look at the displays (obviously not walking all over someone's property of course) or are you advised to carry on driving?
Is there a route or map you can pick up as it only has to be a one way street and I can get lost?
Is there a certain amount of time you can hire the golf carts for and how much are they?

I wish I lived in the US - you guys go full out and do such a great job for this holiday whereas over here, my neighbours probably think I'm mad with the things I have in my garden and windows whereas they usually just have a small sign in their window saying yes you can trick or treat / no trick or treaters 😂

I love this time of year!

Sorry but I can't tell you if you can book a golf cart over the net but I can tell you min time frame on a rental would be 24 hours. Disney rental is @ $65 per day with pick up and return at the Reception Outpost so if you get one you can get a map there. The loops are one way but the main streets are 2 ways. Yes as you are looping you can pull off and take a more gooder look.

Hi all,
I'm from the UK so apologies if my questions are obvious ones but I've started to look into the amazing Halloween displays that are at the camping ground.

I love this time of year!

Hi tinkerbell1991! :wave:

Not all of my news will be good but I will tell you what I know.

A. Calling the Bike Barn is the ONLY way to reserve a golf cart. There are no on-line rentals for Disney carts. <wish there were> We suggest calling early in the morning Florida time (at earliest 8-9am Eastern or as soon as they open) to have the best chance of them answering. I don't know if they have a leave-a-message option.

B. You can reserve a cart up to a year in advance. Disney recently increased the rate to the $60+ USD per day (no shorter rentals than 24 hours). Then there is some tax thrown on top. You can pick up a cart <officially> by 1pm although if they are available earlier you can take one. But no guarentees.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/recreation/cabins-at-fort-wilderness-resort/golf-cart-rental/

C. Be aware that the FW Halloween Golf Cart parade is usually in the late afternoon of October 30 (the day before Halloween). I did it once - I wasn't the best decorated but I wasn't the worst. Here is the YouTube from last year's golf cart Halloween FW parade:

D. Halloween night itself is busy with kids/parents walking the loops doing trick-or-treat. A golf cart in the road can basically go no faster than the walking pace of the T-o-T. Although I didn't get to all loops.

E. The walking and looping (taking golf carts to various loops) are usually done in the nights BEFORE Halloween (1-3 nights). Some people decorate their sites and people park their carts on the sides of the road to get out and walk/look. It can create a traffic problem/blockage in the one-way driving camping loops.

F. The Fort Map in the Camping FAQ thread is best. Basically the loops are one-way (where an option is shown) and becase this is the States it's bear-to-the-right and circle CCW mostly. Honestly my opinion is use the cart to get to general areas and use it as little as possible - park it off the road and walk as much as possible before carting to a different area. Too many carts going at different speeds to do cart-only.

G. Disney rents carts for a 24-hour period (1pm-11am) which <used to> correspond to the general campsite check-in and check-out times. Now check-ins have been moved to 3pm but the carts still show 1pm. If a cart is available earlier in the morning you can get it early but there are no guarantees. I got my one Halloween cart at 630am (because I showed up butt early and one was availble) and turned it in at 11am the next day. It's the luck of the draw.

I went to one Fort Halloween in 2017. Here is the thread for it (a lot of build-up before hand). I showed up on page 36/43 but posted as much as I could.

The Fort 2017 Halloween Camping Thread

Hope this helps.

Bama Ed

Ps-book early as possible and have fun!

Last edited:

Hi tinkerbell1991! :wave:

Not all of my news will be good but I will tell you what I know.

A. Calling the Bike Barn is the ONLY way to reserve a golf cart. There are no on-line rentals for Disney carts. <wish there were> We suggest calling early in the morning Florida time (at earliest 8-9am Eastern or as soon as they open) to have the best chance of them answering. I don't know if they have a leave-a-message option.

B. You can reserve a cart up to a year in advance. Disney recently increased the rate to the $60+ USD per day (no shorter rentals than 24 hours). Then there is some tax thrown on top. You can pick up a cart <officially> by 1pm although if they are available earlier you can take one. But no guarentees.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/recreation/cabins-at-fort-wilderness-resort/golf-cart-rental/

C. Be aware that the FW Halloween Golf Cart parade is usually in the late afternoon of October 30 (the day before Halloween). I did it once - I wasn't the best decorated but I wasn't the worst. Here is the YouTube from last year's golf cart Halloween FW parade:

D. Halloween night itself is busy with kids/parents walking the loops doing trick-or-treat. A golf cart in the road can basically go no faster than the walking pace of the T-o-T. Although I didn't get to all loops.

E. The walking and looping (taking golf carts to various loops) are usually done in the nights BEFORE Halloween (1-3 nights). Some people decorate their sites and people park their carts on the sides of the road to get out and walk/look. It can create a traffic problem/blockage in the one-way driving camping loops.

F. The Fort Map in the Camping FAQ thread is best. Basically the loops are one-way (where an option is shown) and becase this is the States it's bear-to-the-right and circle CCW mostly. Honestly my opinion is use the cart to get to general areas and use it as little as possible - park it off the road and walk as much as possible before carting to a different area. Too many carts going at different speeds to do cart-only.

G. Disney rents carts for a 24-hour period (1pm-11am) which <used to> correspond to the general campsite check-in and check-out times. Now check-ins have been moved to 3pm but the carts still show 1pm. If a cart is available earlier in the morning you can get it early but there are no guarantees. I got my one Halloween cart at 630am (because I showed up butt early and one was availble) and turned it in at 11am the next day. It's the luck of the draw.

I went to one Fort Halloween in 2017. Here is the thread for it (a lot of build-up before hand). I showed up on page 36/43 but posted as much as I could.

The Fort 2017 Halloween Camping Thread

Hope this helps.

Bama Ed

Ps-book early as possible and have fun!
Thank you so much for all that information! ☺️Really appreciated x

We've rented from Disney three times. Twice for a stay at the campground, and once to take our friends around the loops to view Christmas decorations. The rentals are for 24 hour blocks regardless as to how long you actually use it. The rental fee as of 12-6-19 is $67 a day (24 hour period) US.
Pickup time is 1:00pm Fort Wilderness time, however I have picked one up at 10:00am so it really depends on who is there. You do not have to be staying at the campground to rent a cart.
The number for Fort Wilderness cart rentals is: 407-824-2742 plus whatever you add to get an US line. I always forget how that works.
I just gave someone the number the other day and they said there was no answer. Since the Fort still isn't open yet there may not be anyone checking. I don't think they have an answering machine for messages. Best of luck!

I atually had my disney travel person get my golf cart. So ,if using an agent ask them also. are you planning to stay at the fort? Also, the cart is useful, we did use it during TOT. If the loops were too crowded, and many were later in the night we parked it at the beginning of the loop and walked it. Then back to the cart for the next loop. Later at night, and on less crowded loops we used the cart. Daughter got tons of candy, and everyone had a great time. Not my site. 20191031_185609.jpg20191031_191226.jpg20191031_192747.jpg20191031_185609.jpg

I atually had my disney travel person get my golf cart. So ,if using an agent ask them also. are you planning to stay at the fort? Also, the cart is useful, we did use it during TOT. If the loops were too crowded, and many were later in the night we parked it at the beginning of the loop and walked it. Then back to the cart for the next loop. Later at night, and on less crowded loops we used the cart. Daughter got tons of candy, and everyone had a great time. Not my site. View attachment 501484View attachment 501489View attachment 501490View attachment 501484
Omg I'm loving these photos!
I'm actually going to be staying off-site in a villa but I wanted to visit in 2017 and unfortunately when I go this Oct, it will be right at the start so going to miss it again 😥
I'm trying to look into as much as I can - do you know if anyone can rent as I'm reading only if you are staying at the site or visiting someone so a little confused?
How many loops are there? Quite a lot?

I think they let you rent, ive saw posts where others visited for a day, looked around and did a show. Only way to know is to call when they open up.

I atually had my disney travel person get my golf cart. So ,if using an agent ask them also. are you planning to stay at the fort? Also, the cart is useful, we did use it during TOT. If the loops were too crowded, and many were later in the night we parked it at the beginning of the loop and walked it. Then back to the cart for the next loop. Later at night, and on less crowded loops we used the cart. Daughter got tons of candy, and everyone had a great time. Not my site. View attachment 501484View attachment 501489View attachment 501490View attachment 501484

Hey! This site above with the Toy Story 4, carved pumpkins and birthday banner/inflatables is our site!! Glad you liked it!! We LOVE Halloween at the Fort! Such a fabulous time and it is quite a treat to loop around each night!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter