Halloween costumes

danadest

Earning My Ears
Hi all!! Just wondering if people wear Halloween costumes in the parks not on Halloween? Not going to MNSSHP but grandson wants to wear his costume while we are there. We are going September 28-October 4th. I have never been at Halloween time so I wasn’t sure if he would stand out (he would not like that). His costume is a marshmallow dj from a video game.

While adults are only allowed to wear costumes at the parties, kids can, and do wear costumes year round. However, most kids at Disney are dressed as their favorite Disney characters. Lots of princesses, pirates, etc.

I do think he would stick out if he went as Marshmello (I assume that's the character, with the Xs for eyes). Also, if it's the costume I'm thinking of, I don't think it would be allowed in the parks because the mask is usually done as a full face/head mask. Per Disney's guidelines
  • Costumes and some masks may be worn, as long as the mask does not cover the entire face and eyes are visible.

If the costume isn't what I have in mind and would be allowed, maybe bring the costume, let him do a day at the parks without it, and if he feels like it would fit in, let him wear it later in the trip.

Not to mention how potentially hot it can still be at that time...maybe see if he’d like something cooler or even a costume type tee. But to answer your question, yes, lots of people wear costumes, but most (not all) are Disney related.

I wasn’t sure if masks were allowed. I forgot it’s going to be hot. We usually go in December. I think I will try to talk him into a t shirt and keep the costume for the “real” Halloween!! Thanks so much for your reply’s!!

I think it would not be allowed in the parks cause mask is usually cover a full face/head mask like pumpkin carving, Per Disney's guidelines yes, lots of people wear costumes, but my recommendation is to wear easy Halloween costumes, they are cheap and easy to changeable.

We wore the different droid t shirts and matching Mickey ears with shorts. Thank goodness we weren't in layers, as the temperature hovered around 95, and barely cooled off after dark! It was fun, and we got such cute comments from cast members in the treat/ride lines, like "The force is strong with that bunch!" or "Those aren't the droids we are looking for!".

So kids can’t even wear masks? We are doing MNSSHP and my son wants to wear his Darth Vader costume, but I didn’t think about the mask. Ugh. That is the best part to a five year old, of course.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!