Halloween Costuming at Tokyo DisneyLand/Sea

addiemon

Snarky Princess of Oz
Hey all, DH and I are looking at doing a Tokyo trip this fall, and I realized that we'll probably overlap with the Halloween events at Tokyo Disney.

I've written to their guest services but haven't gotten a response...does anyone know the current policy on costumes for Halloween? I've heard adult guests are permitted to wear costumes the first and last week of the Halloween event, and only Disney costumes, but that info comes from DTR and dates back to 2014, so I'm not sure how up-to-date it is.

We haven't set our dates yet so I might try to align with that, because I love wearing costumes and I love seeing them! :) If anyone happens to know from last year or can find it on the Japanese site (haven't found it on the EN version), I'd appreciate the help!

(Would also be curious as to what qualifies as "Disney" i.e. would hubs be okay in his Luke Skywalker costume, or does it need to be Disney proper.)

Costume Days used to be limited, but last year you could wear costumes on any day during the Halloween event. Not sure what the rules will be this year. It's a little bit too early for the event page to be up.

Star Wars is fine.

No masks, full-face makeup, Spandex, exposed skin other than your arms/legs, long dresses that drag on the ground, hair extensions, or weapons/fake weapons of any kind (so no lightsaber if your DH goes as Luke).

Sounds pretty similar to the WDW policy then, awesome. Thank you! (Love your icon! Can't wait to pick up more Chandu stuff for my workspace!)

We are waiting to see what the event details are too. Our family will be at TDR from October 8th-12th, then spending a couple days in Tokyo before heading to Osaka for some more traveling and USJ.

@ChanduTail, do you know when they normally post the details? It looks like last year's English press release came out in late June, but we're probably going to book sooner than that...if the Japanese version comes out earlier I might be able to peg that, even if I have to have a coworker translate for me XD

@3monkeys4me, if I hear back from the TDR customer service folks I'll update the thread!

@ChanduTail, do you know when they normally post the details? It looks like last year's English press release came out in late June, but we're probably going to book sooner than that...if the Japanese version comes out earlier I might be able to peg that, even if I have to have a coworker translate for me XD

@3monkeys4me, if I hear back from the TDR customer service folks I'll update the thread!
The Japanese & English event info comes out around the same time... usually. One thing you can be sure of is that you can never be sure of how anything will be done from year to year ;) I mainly use the Japanese website so I will let you know when I see it go up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!