Halloween decorations-Fall Celebrations Start Sept 15th

I don't know why they didn't put more out.
I know the decorations need refurb every year. I am guessing there was no time to do the refurb.
either that or they didn't want to pay the workers the hours to put more up
has to be one or the other

Not everyone has been called back to work.

We have friends that just came back from WDW, they decided to go there for a few days to get away from Sally. They had a good time but said that they were a bit disappointed. Like Spridell mentioned, "I guess for someone who has never seen them before it was ok but for people like us was disappointing." and this was our friends thought too.

PRO:
Walking through the parks with the streets 1/2 empty, was GREAT!
A lot of rides with low wait times
Much shorter lines for food

CONS:
The bigger rides were still having 40+ minute waits
VERY minimum food selection
The Boo to you cavalcade, actually made them feel a little sad, made them really miss the actual parade.
The decorations, after being there before and seeing MK decked out, they said it felt very "bland". They also thought WDW could have did a lot more.
Park hours, they are like us and much rather be in the parks at night.
My thought on this is that, maybe a day or two the park opens later so that they can close later. They still are open the same amount of hours (so no additional staff) but you get to be in the park at night.

They used their AP's, but said after going, that they do would not recommend paying for tickets to go. They did not think it was worth it with everything that has been eliminated.

Biggest surprise of the day was 30% off merchandise for passholders. Spent more than planned. Bought the two Halloween masks and some shirts for ds.

Hi - Do you happen to know how long the AP 30% discount on merchandise promotion runs for? I am heading down this week and hope it's still available.
Also, this may be a dumb question, but if purchase transactions are supposed to be contactless, how do you show your AP card? Do you just show it with your id (not hand it to the CM)? In my past experience CMs usually take both ID and AP to compare, so wasn't sure what the protocol is now.

Thank you! ☺

Hi - Do you happen to know how long the AP 30% discount on merchandise promotion runs for? I am heading down this week and hope it's still available.
Also, this may be a dumb question, but if purchase transactions are supposed to be contactless, how do you show your AP card? Do you just show it with your id (not hand it to the CM)? In my past experience CMs usually take both ID and AP to compare, so wasn't sure what the protocol is now.

Thank you! ☺

The discount is through October. I just showed my AP when I made a purchase.

Thank you! ☺

The cm who rang us up at Emporium looked at both ID and the years on back of AP. Cm did not touch either.

From Disney’s website:

Starting September 15, Save 30% for a Limited Time on Select Merchandise at Walt Disney World Resort
Passholders can receive 30% off select merchandise purchases at Walt Disney World Resort owned-and-operated merchandise locations September 15 through October 29, 2020. See offer terms and exclusions.

Discount does not apply to Walt Disney World Resort Operating Participant locations, including but not limited to: The Disney Store, Disney’s Character Premiere, Disney’s Character Warehouse, Cast Connection and any other locations or kiosks that are not owned and operated by the owners of Walt Disney World Resort.

Discount is not valid on certain items, including but not limited to previous purchases, ticket media, Disney Gift Cards, park admissions, arcades, tobacco, alcohol, outdoor vending (e.g. in-park balloon vendors, glow vendors), Add-a-Dollar (Wildlife Conservation Fund), postage stamps, rentals (e.g. strollers, ECV), personalization, Memory Maker, Memory Maker One Day, select print packages and any online purchases from Disney PhotoPass®, Disney Store Online, Artist Sketch Program (original art), live auction artwork, original or consignment art, newspapers/periodicals, DVDs, CDs, sundries, pantry/prepared foods, kitchen products, digital/video/disposable camera, film, consumer electronics, national-branded fragrances, treatments and cosmetics, Lladró, Swarovski® Crystal, Tiffany & Co.® Jewelry, Bvlgari, select collectible originals, select specialized toys, select specialty items, handmade items, special orders, purchase-with-purchase offers, select reusable shopping bags, Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique/Savi’s Workshop—Handbuilt Lightsabers/Droid Depot packages, shipping or taxes, or on phone, email, online or mail-order purchases. Each Guest must present a valid annual pass card and government-issued photo ID at time of purchase to receive discount. Discount is for personal use only and may not be used to purchase merchandise with the intent to resell the merchandise. Locations and operating hours subject to change without notice.”

Last edited:

Thank you! ☺

This past week, we basically just flashed it at the cashier and they didn't ask to hold it. Once, a CM asked to see it and an ID at the big Disney store in Disney Springs

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!