DD - Abbey (18)
DS2 - Lewis (11)

PTR
Day 1
Day 2
Day 3

Day 4

Wednesday 7 October

I woke at 7:15 and peeked out the curtains. It was still very dark but most importantly it was dry :cheer2: Lewis was in a really deep sleep and I thought about leaving EMH but in the end decided to wake him and he was up and ready in no time.

Socks for today - the ones I bought from the hotel boutique last night. They're a tad big despite by buying my usual European size - but I still like them :)

We made our way through the village to the park.

It was just before 8 when we got to the entrance and there were about 20 others waiting to get in.

We went into Town Square and all the characters were at their spot. This is the first time we've seen characters during EMH so it was lovely to see. First we met Donald. There wasn't anyone in front of us so I think we were first!

Then over to see Pluto and Goofy

And finally Mickey and Minnie :love: Minnie gave Lewis a big kiss on the cheek

Mickey gave me a kiss too and Minnie stomped off and the CM told me she was jealous :rotfl:She then pointed at her eyes and did the 'I'm watching you' thing...

Happy with our character meets we strolled up an empty Main St, taking in the view and windows on the way.

I think we may have been one of the first into Fantasyland as the Carousel was running but no-one was on it - same with Dumbo

We stuck with tradition and made Peter Pan our first ride

Then Dumbos

We took some photos beside Alice's maze

Love these vegetables beside the beanstalk

We then headed over to Discoveryland to do Buzz

It was about 8.50 now and I said we'd be back to the hotel for 9ish so we could get breakfast and then hit the Studios for the kids to do Crush. We made our way down Main St.

Had to take a photo of Merida, now that we'd met her :)

Last edited:
Back to the hotel I walked in and the room was in darkness. DH and Abbey were still in bed and I groaned.....then they jumped up, fully dressed...Turns out they had been waving like mad things from the window at us but despite looking up we hadn't seen them. We put a menu on the window sill so we could figure out where our room was from outside.

Breakfast again in the Manhattan and then we headed off for our day.

Here's our room - In the middle section where the small windows are, our room is the first row on the left, small menu card in the window

We were in the Studios for 10am and the kids joined the Crush queue which was all the way back to Art of Animation already. DH and I hung around just to make sure the ride was working ok and then headed towards Ratatoullie.

The main queue was showing 10 min wait so as we had time to kill we joined it - it was just back to the main door and was less than 10 minutes. It was nice to see the main queue but not much different than the single rider or fast pass - just an area where you see rooftops and Gusteau

We got soaked this time from the Champagne Cork! More photos outside

Into Toy Story Playland

We did Carpets and then wandered around a bit more.

We watched Crush and seen the kids in a few minutes. When they came off we asked what they wanted to do and Ratatoullie it was. Queue time was now 20 mins so we all headed for the single rider line. DH and I were in rats together, Lewis and Abbey were just in front so we were all off at the same time - this is such a time saver, but I know it's not much use to those with younger children.

The only other thing I really wanted to do in the Studios was Cinemagique which wasn't on for another half hour so Abbey suggested doing the Tram Tour, 10 min wait. It took much longer to get going and I'm sorry to say is just no-where near as good as it should be. I know they cut a lot of stuff out of it and it's due for re-furb but it just doesn't do it for me.

Last edited:
We were too late for the Cinemagique showing and had more time to kill so Abbey went off to do Aerosmith showing 5 min wait

I noticed that the water wasn't working at the brolly but it's still a lovely photo point

Abbey thinks the colour of the brolly has changed and used to be black. I'll need to go through some old TR's and see....

It was a bit windy so we waited inside Blockbuster Cafe and had a hot chocolate. Abbey was finished quickly but wasn't feeling too good. She hadn't eaten much at breakfast and was hungry now. I picked up a Belgian waffle from a vending stand, freshly made which we all ended up having a taste of - it was delicious!
Feeling better we all headed into Cinemagique. The guy didn't turn up until after the show had started and we all sat in suspense until he appeared :rotfl2:The show was good as always, all the effects working. It's one of my favourite things in the park :goodvibes

We browsed the shop in the Studios. Abbey loved these bride Minnie ears :bride:

Lewis liked this Rex...

..and hats

I found the Disneyland Paris 2016 calendar I'd been hunting for and bought this with a gorgeous Marie pen, and had them sent back to the hotel :thumbsup2

After this we decided to leave the Studios and wouldn't have time to come back tomorrow so we waved bye bye for this trip :wave2:

The sun was shining now and we made our way back to the park :cool2:

We had reservations at Walts at 2pm and had about 40 minutes to go, so took our time in Town Square and through the shops.

Love the sweet shop and this gorgeous Minnie made out of sweets

Lewis had his eye on this pick'n'mix for later ;)

We popped into the other shops and Lewis got a nice Mad Hatter mug from Lily's Boutique and Abbey picked up a Minnie ice cube tray. We used the shopping service again as we knew we'd be out for the rest of the day.

Our reservation for Walts was due so in we went. The area downstairs was really busy and I gave our name to the receptionist. I asked if possible could we please have a Main St window view and she said there was no guarantee. About 10 minutes later we were asked to go upstairs to our table and were delighted to be given a fantastic window seat!

DH had the chicken salad for starter and I had the salmon which was absolutely delicious! Abbey didn't want a starter and neither did Lewis.

Whilst we were eating our starters Lewis' burger was brought out and the parade reached us!

DH, Abbey and I all had the grilled steak which was lovely. For dessert we all had the cheesecake, divine! Lewis had vanilla ice cream with popping candy, which he said really popped!

It was about 4pm by the time we left here and really enjoyed Walts again.

Some more shopping was done as we wandered slowly through Main St. I bought a lovely Minnie glass ornament for my niece who's just had a birthday. Love this Cinderella:

Abbey loved these pictures in Harringtons.

We strolled up Main St and popped in to see the Dragon

These are the pumpkin pictures that are laid out in front of the bramble/dragon in Fantasyland where the characters stand. Same in front of the castle stage:

Beautiful Cinderella Coach

It was raining again and we dashed into the shop beside the Snow White ride. We all adore the little details in here including the beds and clothes at the back of the shop.

Headed now over to Pirates, showing a 5 min wait. It was just about to be a walk on when the ride stopped. An announcement told us that the ride was suspended and everyone in the boats ready to go were asked to get off and slowly they got the remaining boats through and everyone was off. We thought we might be asked to leave the queue, but a few minutes later we were told to take a seat and the ride started up again!

By the time we came off the ride had closed completely, no-one in the queue and closed off outside too. Lewis liked this boat in the shop:

Made our way to Frontierland to do BTM. Abbey and I nipped to the loo and DH and Lewis went off to get FP as there was a 15 min wait......doesn't sound much but when everything has been 5 mins or a walk on it just doesn't seem right to wait a whole 15 mins :rotfl2: When Abbey and I came out of the toilet, we could see one of the CM's drawing a Mickey on the ground using just water and a brush - it was amazing!

We didn't have long before our BTM time so we decided to PM. We passed Jack on the way - he was really funny and stood talking to the Pumpkin head outside Lucky Nugget for a while.

PM was good again, all the effects working. Then time for BTM, walk on using FP

I think it must have been around 5.30 by now and I knew we had 2 lots of Pause Gourmande vouchers to use up today. We went to the Cowboy Cookout but it was closed. Then went to Adventureland and Hakuna Matata was also closed. Next stop was Caseys and I nipped in thinking it would be quick as the parade was starting to hit Main St. There were plenty of staff but they each seemed to take and age to serve everyone. In the end I didn't see the parade, not that bothered really as I've seen it so many times before. We got 8 doughnuts :rotfl2:and a combination of hot choc, coke and water for later. We sat outside in the Caseys seating area and it was actually really nice listening to the parade music and relaxing.

We knew we wanted to stay out to see Dreams as we hadn't managed so far. Wanting to slow the pace Abbey suggested doing Alice's Maze. I'm not mad keen on the maze (I like order and organisation, lol) but Abbey assured me she knew the way and that there would be loads of photo opps along the way. We all had a really good time wandering in here and I did get loads of lovely photos!

The view from the top was lovely.

The kids wanted to see Adventureland and our traditional wee trip on the Suspension Bridge. The weather was still good and I enjoyed our stroll. A shame to see that Russell and Carl were not at their port on the river - they looked right at home last year.

After this Abbey wanted to do Indiana Jones. I went with her and DH and Lewis went to get FP for BTM later. We only had a 5 min wait for IJ but I still scream my head off on this, lol. We met up with DH and Lewis and they said the FP had been switched off so if we wanted BTM we'd need to join the 15 min queue. Lewis was desperate to do it so we joined and I hoped we'd be through in enough time to get a spot for Dreams.

We were right at the front and it was actually just as fast as being at the back. Another fab ride on here - really love BTM :thumbsup2

We headed off though Adventureland towards Main St to get a spot for Dreams and stopped to take some photos

A wee look at Aladdin as we passed:

I liked these lamps just outside Adventureland. I think you see so much when it starts to get dark and everything lights up that you miss during the day.

Last edited:
The kids wanted some popcorn and sweets for watching Dreams, so they went off to the sweet shop in Main St and DH and I joined the already long queue for popcorn at the hub. Whilst in the queue it started to rain very lightly and loads of people ran for cover. It didn't last long and was soon dry again. By the time we got to the front of the queue the popcorn was all gone :rolleyes:

The kids came back and we stayed in our spot to the left of the castle in the hub. We stood on the pavement as most people were standing on the road, so we were a bit higher. There was still lots of space around us and we had a really good view. Then it was time......

The castle look stunning with the light effects even before the show started

I think we've seen every version of Dreams, with the exception of last Christmas. I still love the original version and miss the Jungle Book and Mary Poppins, but I do adore the Lion King sequence and the new Frozen section is really good too. As soon as the Frozen music started you could hear everyone oooing and aahhhing ready to sing along. It was fantastic :love:

We hung back at the end so we didn't get caught up in the crowds leaving the park.

I love the parks lit up at night. Space Mountain and Orbitron looked amazing. My picture doesn't do it justice.

We hadn't been to the DLH yet and headed off through Discovery Arcade.

The DLH is stunning inside and I always wish we were staying here when we pop in for a look

We went upstairs to the shop. The windows are always really pretty in here :lovestruc

We browsed the shop for a while but didn't buy anything.

Abbey had spied the Princess area and we took a sneek peek. She would love to do this princess:

We strolled though the village and did some more shopping. I treated myself to a couple of lovely Disney tops from the clothing shop and Lewis built another light saber. Abbey got a present for her BF and then we picked up EOS to take back to the hotel.

Inside the hotel boutique I got our shopping from earlier. They are very thorough with this and always check the bags to make sure the correct items are there. The assistant wasn't happy with the way Lewis' Mad Hatter mug had been wrapped so he asked the till assistant to re-wrap it. She fell in love with the mug and asked me where I'd bought it. Lewis loves it too and hasn't stopped using it since we got home :ccat:

We ate our EOS and I packed everything up for our last morning.

Today had been absolutely perfect, I loved everything about it and was so happy going to bed tonight :lovestruc

Would we all make it up, packed and out by 7.45 in the morning?

Aren't EMH just great? You got so much done in such a short time! Sounds like a fantastic day.
I bought the mad hatter mug as a present for someone on the last trip - it's on my list to buy for myself next time! Love it!
Oh and Abbey is right - the umbrella used to be black. :-)

Oh and thanks for the tip about the villains M&Gs. I'm quite worried about how much of a scrum they will be. Hopefully we will get to meet a few villains without too much pushing and shoving.

Yep, Abbey is right - it used to be black!

The makeover area for the Princess makeover has undergone some transformation from last time we saw it. I don't think we actually looked at it last Halloween so that explains it - it's probably been like that for ages! I do with they had a Bippity Boppity Boutique area like they do at WDW - it's gorgeous! My DDs loved being made up in there. And while they enjoyed it at DLP when they had a it done a few years ago, the setting did make a big difference.

I also love the windows at the boutiques and the DLH is always stunning. I found the windows at WDW just didn't compare tbh - which I found it a bit odd. But in DLP they definitely go the extra mile on Main Street and the DLH boutique. I always find myself taking lots of photos of them - like you.

Aren't EMH just great? You got so much done in such a short time! Sounds like a fantastic day.
I bought the mad hatter mug as a present for someone on the last trip - it's on my list to buy for myself next time! Love it!
Oh and Abbey is right - the umbrella used to be black. :-)

Love, love, love EMH - just wish we weren't so tired and managed to do it more. I knew Abbey would be right....she's like hawkeye, lol.

Oh and thanks for the tip about the villains M&Gs. I'm quite worried about how much of a scrum they will be. Hopefully we will get to meet a few villains without too much pushing and shoving.

I noticed that about 30 mins before the Villans show was due to start that people started standing in front of the pumpkin heads. I reckon you'd need to see the show first to see which spot your chosen villan would go to, but even then there will always be people trying to push in...

Yep, Abbey is right - it used to be black!

The makeover area for the Princess makeover has undergone some transformation from last time we saw it. I don't think we actually looked at it last Halloween so that explains it - it's probably been like that for ages! I do with they had a Bippity Boppity Boutique area like they do at WDW - it's gorgeous! My DDs loved being made up in there. And while they enjoyed it at DLP when they had a it done a few years ago, the setting did make a big difference.

I also love the windows at the boutiques and the DLH is always stunning. I found the windows at WDW just didn't compare tbh - which I found it a bit odd. But in DLP they definitely go the extra mile on Main Street and the DLH boutique. I always find myself taking lots of photos of them - like you.

I spend ages looking in all the windows - it's so clever how the window dressers think of new stuff all the time, they always look spectacular! Abbey would just love to do the princess thing, and although she is tiny and looks young, I don't think she'd get a way with it, lol!

I spend ages looking in all the windows - it's so clever how the window dressers think of new stuff all the time, they always look spectacular! Abbey would just love to do the princess thing, and although she is tiny and looks young, I don't think she'd get a way with it, lol!

Me too - I love them - they are always spectacular!

Bless Abbey - a lot of older girls (and I mean up to twenties) have a mermaid makeover at WDW but there is nothing similar at DLP unfortunately. I think they could easily open a bit in the shop at POTC!

Lovely happy family photos and that one of you in front of the castle with the park to yourselves is brilliant!

Great luck getting such a good window seat in Walt's and excellent timing too!

Me too - I love them - they are always spectacular!

Bless Abbey - a lot of older girls (and I mean up to twenties) have a mermaid makeover at WDW but there is nothing similar at DLP unfortunately. I think they could easily open a bit in the shop at POTC!

Oh, she'd love that!

Lovely happy family photos and that one of you in front of the castle with the park to yourselves is brilliant!

Great luck getting such a good window seat in Walt's and excellent timing too!

Thanks, we had such a great time. Love Walts watching the parade :love:

Socks are fab. :thumbsup2

Wow, I can't believe you got 3 M&Gs, rides and photos done in an hour of EMH.

You all look so happy in your photos Julie - your TRs always give me a warm, happy feeling. :goodvibes

Socks are fab. :thumbsup2

Wow, I can't believe you got 3 M&Gs, rides and photos done in an hour of EMH.

You all look so happy in your photos Julie - your TRs always give me a warm, happy feeling. :goodvibes

So happy we got EMH in at last! Really nice to see the characters in the parks whilst it was quiet, but I did miss them from the hotel too.

Thank you so much! I'm glad you enjoy reading along :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter