Halloween Horror Nights California.....?

PrincessTiannaLove

Mouseketeer
Hi all!
Short version, we went to Universal Orlando last year for DDs bday & HHN. I am a huge scare fan and ended up staying on our HHN evening & doing EVERY SINGLE house before it closed (literally got in line for Halloween at 12:58am but I MADE IT!).
I would like to know EVERYTHING there is to know about HHN Hollywood. Right now, we bought the only ticket showing up online, a combo day & night ticket for HHN, and bought the day before Express Passes, so we can spend a whole day in the park, minimal lines & then plan on staying late late the next evening during HHN. In FL, we booked a Scare dinner, that got us into the park a bit early, and right into the ST line as soon as we were finished. Amazing. Do they offer that in CA? Do they offer Express Passes for the houses? Is 1.5days too much for USH? My kids are big thrill junkies, and I see there aren't very many rides like that, but maybe since we did most of the 3D rides last year, we are ok to skip most of them & just hit the most important ones, plus the houses? Thanks for all of your help! CA is pretty foreign to me....All over Florida, but Cali has me a little panicky!

They do not offer a Scare dinner. They do offer Express Pass for the houses. 1.5 days isn't too much for USH. But if you skip most of the 3D rides you won't have much to do even one day. You're correct; there aren't very mane rides for the thrill junky.

You can probably do it all in 1.5days. They usually have some sort of VIP pass with a full tour ($$$$$) or just a front of the line pass, once per ride or maze for HHN. The pricey VIP tour usually includes food/ drink, but every year is different how they offer it. Once you could go in and eat/ drink whenever you wanted and another time you got a set time with your tour so you have to check what the current offerings are. Do all the regular rides and Harry Potter during the day to free you up for the mazes on HHN.

Definitely buy the Express ticket for HHN. The lines for the mazes get crazy with a minimum of 1.5 hr waits. If you want to experience them all, go with the Express pass. You will also get a one-time express entry to certain rides during the HHN event as well(Backlot and the shows wouldn't be running). It also gives you priority seating to the Jabbawockeez show.

You can easily tour the full park during the day time park hours IMO. My DH and I were there in 2014, arrived at the park an hour after park open, rode everything(some things more than once) except Kung Fu Panda and still left the park 1 hr early. This was before WWoHP was open, but if it was we'd have gotten there at rope drop and still would have had plenty of time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!