Halloween Horror Nights meet 10/20

WebmasterBarry

DIS Veteran
I am back! Now for a brief update on the HHN meet.

I had to leave Spaceman Spiff at IOA around 4:30 so I could get my room at the Portifino. I got room 1401, wich was all the way at the end of the hall. I had a garden view that looked like I was looking onto Jurassic Park!

I came back and entered the park at 6:30. I got my bag searched and I got the wand over me. As I was scanned by the wand, I kept on thinking of the wand scene in This is Spinal Tap. I couldn't get it out of my head.

I rode Jaws twice at 7:00 with no wait. Then I met up with SS at 7:15 for the first Bill and Ted show. SS told me that he had done 3 mazes since 6:30! He had no wait for Run and Mummy. Supersitions had a 15 minute wait. The lesson here is to get there early! After Bill and Ted, we walked around the park. Run and Munmmy had a 60 minute wait. Scary Tales and Superstition had a 45 minute wait!

The Bill and Ted show was pretty good. I think the best one was the one from 1998 (my first HHN). This one was pretty funny.

The park was packed! I think it was near capacity or sold out. We and SS did T2 (30 minute wait), MiB (5 minute wait in single riders), and E.T. (10 minute wait). Other rides were running about 30-45 minute waits. MiB had a 90 minute wait in the regular line! Our hotel keys weren't good during HHN. :(

We also say the Deadly D'Illusions show. I thought the show was too short and ended way too fast. The best trick was the last one. I was hoping for more, but there was none!

I avoided the two scare zones -- Midway of the Bizarre and the Unknown -- by walking on the sidewalks and Central Park.

I decided next year I will go on an off-peak night. I lose 2 hours, but the crowds will be much less and it's $10 cheaper.

A longer trip report will be up soon!

Did you pay $30 and not do anything but see Bill and Ted and Deadly Dillusions? "What are you, chickin?" ;)

You should have atleast done the scare zones. They weren't that scary especially, Unkown. Plus the mazes weren't all that scary either, but more on the really fun side. Run had to be one of the most entertaining things I've done in a while.

BTW if they sent you through the houses in groups of 5-10 peeps like at the Six Flags or Cedar Fair parks the houses would probobly be the scariest places on earth. I couldn't imagine being in Pitch Black all by myself, that thing was scary enough with a huge mob of people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter