Halloween Party costume ideas

Tasgmv

Earning My Ears
Hello,

We have a trip planned for end of August and have tickets for one of the Halloween parties. We are trying to think of costume idea we can all do but we have a group of 9 going. Originally just the kids were going to do Elsa, Anna and Olaf but now it’s being talked about everyone dresses up. Anyone have any ideas for what we can do together. We have:

Adult male
Adult female
Girl 7rs old
Girl 2years old

Adult male
Adult female
Boy 1 year old

Grandpa
Grandma

I was thinking maybe my two girls do different marry poppies outfits and the baby boy goes as Bert and all the adults be chimney sweeps.. any other suggestions would be helpful!

Hello,

We have a trip planned for end of August and have tickets for one of the Halloween parties. We are trying to think of costume idea we can all do but we have a group of 9 going. Originally just the kids were going to do Elsa, Anna and Olaf but now it’s being talked about everyone dresses up. Anyone have any ideas for what we can do together. We have:

Adult male
Adult female
Girl 7rs old
Girl 2years old

Adult male
Adult female
Boy 1 year old

Grandpa
Grandma

I was thinking maybe my two girls do different marry poppies outfits and the baby boy goes as Bert and all the adults be chimney sweeps.. any other suggestions would be helpful!
I think you are going in the right direction finding a story w/ multiple characters that the entire group can emulate. I'm sure if someone wants to go as Admiral Boom, Mr. and Mrs. Banks, the pigeon feeding woman that could be nice too.

Other possibilities are Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Alice in Wonderland, using either the scene at the tea party, or Queen's croquet party.

Sounds like whatever way you choose to go will be fun for all concerned.

#1 THINK COOL!!! It is going to be very hot, nothing worse than being miserable.

So think in terms of deconstructed costumes.

Like one year DD made her dress. Belle's yellow dress, but it was short with a tutu. She wore gold sequin high tops to dress up her feet. CMs loved the costume, and she was not hot. That year Dad, Mom and Brother were in black shorts and black tshirts that were painted front and back with skeleton bones. We called us "Beauty and the Bones". Everyone was comfortable and we got lots of compliments.

Coordinating everyone is perfect. Saw a whole family of Dalmations; one who was Alice in Wonderland ... Grandma & Grandpa were Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum. Lots of good options ... pull up a list of Disney movies and think about the characters in each.

Last edited:

We're also going to an August party. DD and I are going with Ariel and Flounder - but not full costume. DD is wearing an Ariel tween skirt we picked up last year from the Disney Store with a purple tank top, maybe some mermaid makeup on her cheeks. I am wearing a yellow sundress/tunic and blue capri leggings - yellow and blue eye makeup and maybe adding blue temporarily to the dress/tunic. We tried to get DS and SH to go with the theme (Sebastian and Prince Eric or even King Triton), but... the boys are getting Star Wars tees - R2D2 and Chewbacca last I heard.

It will be HOT and I agree with HopperFan, dress for the weather.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter