Halloween party

TotallyAngelic

Disney Addict
Is anyone else going to this.....we are going on the 30th October. Also we would appreciate some info on what goes on, and whether everyone (ie. adults) dresses up in costume for the party. Thanks. pirate:

Glad you asked this as I was about to! We'll be there at that time anyway & have just realised that as AP holders we gewt tickets for half price so it seems a shame not to go! Our children are 7 & 4 & not particularly frightened of 'scary' things, but I'd be intrigued to know what goes on at the actual party

Hey! Don't worry about dressing up, a lot of people do so, like us. We had a wonderful time last year! We'll be doing both nights in our costumes... :goodvibes

raptor1982 said:
Hey! Don't worry about dressing up, a lot of people do so, like us. We had a wonderful time last year! We'll be doing both nights in our costumes... :goodvibes

What sort of costumes do people wear....traditional halloween as in witches etc as in the UK, or does anything go as in the USA. We are so looking forward to it. Is it best to eat before you go to the party or is there food available. Also do you know if you can go on any rides during the time the park is only open for the party-goers ie after 20:30. Any info gratefully received.

Pardon my ignorance, but does DL paris hold Phantom Manor Holiday (much like in DL in California) throughout October? Are the festivities concentrated on the 30-31 or will there be decorations and special activitie throughout October. I will be there i mid-october! Any web site with pictures would be gratly appreciated!

Dear joanjett1976, you're on the right place for pictures!

DLRP has created their own story about the pumpkin men invading the Disneyland park and trying to paint everything orange!

http://www.photosmagiques.com/season/halloween2004.php

Halloween is celebrated starting october 1 and continues until the end of october. The 2 halloween soirees will be held on october 30 en 31.

There is no Halloween make-over in Phantom Manor.

Raptor-

WOW! :sunny:

Thanks for the link. Looks fantastic! Too bad about the manor; i have always wanted to see The Nightmare Before XMas Makeover at DL.

I'll have two days to visit DL Paris in October, I'll be in Cannes for five days for a work-related convention. This will be the 1st time I visit a park by myself!

two years ago were not so nice...
the party was extremly crowded, only small parts of the park were open, waiting times were 120 minutes for Big Thunder and other rides were not much better, compared to 20 minutes daytime lines ..
It did not help that it was raining all night and it was freezing cold ..
As much as i love DLP this is something i would never do again ( i am an AP holder for 5 years now ) , but would go during the day and enjoy the beautiful Halloween decorations .
I would highly recommend not doing this with little children, imho this is something for adults !!!
I might get flamed, but i would recommend to enjoy the park with your little ones over the day !

Stephan

I might get flamed

Well, you're right there!

All lands were open last year... Queueing for rides are indeed high, but that's not why you go after dark into DLRP, right? There's plenty other activities to do. There was a light show on Phantom Manor last year, free make-up ateliers for young and old, live concerts, street animation by bizarre creatures and the pumpkin men in Main Street, several streetmosphere groups from all over Europe and the Fireworks.

And the best part is: everyone can dress up! And if you do it right, you'll get plenty of attention from other guests. :teeth:

Thanks Raptor
We are not so bothered about the rides on the night although we will probably do the obvious....phantom manor, BTMR and my favourite POTC!
We will be there for the atmosphere and the entertainment and will have been in the parks already for 2 and a half days to do everything else!
As far as costumes go we are thinking about going dressed as extras from Pirates of the Caribbean...rather than the traditional "scary" type costume, although me in a wig and a corset will be a scary enough sight! pirate:

I can't recommend the Halloween period highly enough. I really enjoyed it. The decorations were fab and watching the pumpkin men interact with folks - they had some on stilts which amazed me - was hilarious. They often caught people out by posing with their 'frozen' brothers then just when some unsuspecting soul decided to pose for a picture, they would tap them on the shoulder or something.

I particularly enjoyed the Halloween parade too

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter