Halloween Quest PTR~~THE TRIP IS OFFICIALLY OFF!

Laurie this is just a bump in the road. Appeal the denial-- and have IRS figure out what information they need. Too bad SS won't share info with IRS. I bet the information needed is in files at SS. Wonder why our country can't talk to each other. Any how talk at ya later --- hope IRS can tell you something today.

Laurie this is just a bump in the road. Appeal the denial-- and have IRS figure out what information they need. Too bad SS won't share info with IRS. I bet the information needed is in files at SS. Wonder why our country can't talk to each other. Any how talk at ya later --- hope IRS can tell you something today.

I think between the IRS & H&R Block we'll get some answers today. Mike was looking over the amendments put together by H&R Block & he says he thinks one piece of paper was not included in the 2010. The girls were adopted in 09, so they put the special form on that year, but did include it for 2010 & that might be the sticking point. I would hope once they got that one piece of paper they would be able to finish our claim & not have to start completely over......but it would have been nice for them to say that in the letter. I guess we'll see what happens.

Oh man Laurie I am sorry. What a giant PITA!!! Gosh I sure hope you don't have to cancel your trip. I know how much you guys have been looking forward to it and speaking from experience I know how devestating it is to get so excited and then to have to cancel.

I will be thinking good thoughts you can get some resolution at the HR Block offices today!! I agree I so prefer to be able to talk in person to a human rather than some drone on the phone. It seems every time you call back they don't know what you are talking about and you have to start from scratch or like you had to sit on the phone for infinity and beyond. Did you ever watch Friends? Reminds me of the time Phoebe sat on hold for like literally 3 days for some phone company issue and then got disconnected or something. SO stupid!

((hugs)) and I sure hope you get some better news today!!

Oh man Laurie I am sorry. What a giant PITA!!! Gosh I sure hope you don't have to cancel your trip. I know how much you guys have been looking forward to it and speaking from experience I know how devestating it is to get so excited and then to have to cancel.

I will be thinking good thoughts you can get some resolution at the HR Block offices today!! I agree I so prefer to be able to talk in person to a human rather than some drone on the phone. It seems every time you call back they don't know what you are talking about and you have to start from scratch or like you had to sit on the phone for infinity and beyond. Did you ever watch Friends? Reminds me of the time Phoebe sat on hold for like literally 3 days for some phone company issue and then got disconnected or something. SO stupid!

((hugs)) and I sure hope you get some better news today!!

Thanx Kelly!!

Just got back from the IRS office & H&R Block screwed up BAD!! There was a form that needed to be included for the credit & they put it with the 2009 which was the year the twins were adopted, but then they were supposed to include it on the 2010 as a carryover & they didn't!!!!! So they guy at the office said, we'd need to resubmit all of the 2010 with that form & copies of all the adoption paperwork again to RESTART the claim.....not pick it up where we left off. I'm so mad!!!!! The H&R office isn't open until noon, but they're gonna get an ear full from me!

I decided to try & get thru on the phone again as I'm typing this to see if there's a way to fax this & pick up where we left off. All that was missing was one piece of paper.............

But I"m pretty sure we're screwed & we won't be seeing Disneyland anytime soon!!

Oh Laurie!! I was off the DIS since friday as I had a bunch of stuff to get done around here and I am so SORRY to hear this!!

I hope they are somehow able to restart it with the added form! That really bites that H&R block messed this up for you!!

Oh Laurie!! I was off the DIS since friday as I had a bunch of stuff to get done around here and I am so SORRY to hear this!!

I hope they are somehow able to restart it with the added form! That really bites that H&R block messed this up for you!!

Thanx Paula......I'm pretty upset by all of this. It took them exactly 16 wks to send us the letter to tell us we were missing ONE piece of paper. I'm still on hold trying to get thru to find out if we get that resent if they'll expedite.....but it's highly doubtful.

I'm devistated about having to cancel this trip......I keep holding out hope of a miracle, but it's pretty doubtful at this point. Hopefully you & Jessica can make other arrangements for a motel......I'm so very sorry!!!!

Thanx Paula......I'm pretty upset by all of this. It took them exactly 16 wks to send us the letter to tell us we were missing ONE piece of paper. I'm still on hold trying to get thru to find out if we get that resent if they'll expedite.....but it's highly doubtful.

I'm devistated about having to cancel this trip......I keep holding out hope of a miracle, but it's pretty doubtful at this point. Hopefully you & Jessica can make other arrangements for a motel......I'm so very sorry!!!!

Don't worry about us. I'm upset for you!!

Hopefully there is some way you can get this worked out sooner than later! Maybe since Mike will be doing the schedules if you would get the money you could do a Holiday Trip?!?!

Don't worry about us. I'm upset for you!!

Hopefully there is some way you can get this worked out sooner than later! Maybe since Mike will be doing the schedules if you would get the money you could do a Holiday Trip?!?!

Just got off the phone......everything was there, we qualified & it would have processed, but because H&R Block didn't put the ONE piece of paper in the 2010 paperwork.....it was rejected. So now we have to resubmit all of the adoption paperwork, the 2010 amended return & the form 8839. It will take 8-12 wks to process.

So it's a done deal.........THE TRIP IS OFFICIALLY CANCELLED!! :sad1:

I'm not gonna replan a trip at this point. We planned this one far enough in advance to know the money would be here......but until I see it.....there won't be any planning. I'm physically ill right now.......the thing that keeps me sane is looking forward to these trips & now I don't even have that. So sad & extremely mad all at the same time!!

I'm so sorry Laurie. It's so sad when you have to rely on companies like that to get things done, and they go and mess it up and basically screw you over. :(

I'm so sorry Laurie. It's so sad when you have to rely on companies like that to get things done, and they go and mess it up and basically screw you over. :(

You expect the "Professionals" to do it right....that's why you pay them. They even sent it off to be double checked just to make sure they crossed their "t"s & dotted their "i"s.....how could they miss such an obvious thing???

I'm going down there as soon as I get twins off bus & fed lunch......they won't be happy to see me........but they'll also be refiling this for us....that's the minimum!!!!!

You expect the "Professionals" to do it right....that's why you pay them. They even sent it off to be double checked just to make sure they crossed their "t"s & dotted their "i"s.....how could they miss such an obvious thing???

I'm going down there as soon as I get twins off bus & fed lunch......they won't be happy to see me........but they'll also be refiling this for us....that's the minimum!!!!!

You'd think their "double checking" would have made it certain that it was all there and correct. They better not try to charge you for refiling!

I bet they see the steam coming out your ears when you walk in there!!

They really should do something to make it better but I don't think anything can make this better unless they could give you the money!!

You'd think their "double checking" would have made it certain that it was all there and correct. They better not try to charge you for refiling!

They won't & I believe they have a guarantee so we might even get our money back from paying them originally!!

I bet they see the steam coming out your ears when you walk in there!!

They really should do something to make it better but I don't think anything can make this better unless they could give you the money!!

They can't make it better, but they darned better FIX IT!!

Laurie, this is awful. I am so sorry this has happened to you. When you are ready for it I have silver linings.:hug:

Laurie, this is awful. I am so sorry this has happened to you. When you are ready for it I have silver linings.:hug:

Thanx Michele.....of course there are always silver linings......I'm just sad for my family.....part of the reason Tyler made the decision to move back, was because he was getting to go on the trip. He deals with depression like me & these trips are what helps us get up in the morning.....now I feel like I've lead him on or tricked him into coming home to help me. The kids are upset, Mike's upset.....it's just made the mood around here sad.

We're all excited about Mike's new job, but now that we can't move....it's going to add 2 hrs to Mike's day & a lot of wear & tear on our vehicle....not to mention the gas.

Got news from my older brother that my dad didn't recognize him & my step-mom is not looking good......so all these things combined with our daily life just weighs us down. It's knowing we have something to look forward to that makes us smile thru it all.

My life is very blessed & I don't forget that with everything that's going on. I have a beautiful family & wonderful friends.....we have a roof over our heads & food in the pantry. I appreciate everyone's support on here.....it means more than any of you will know!!!!

The good news is....we will get this credit eventually!!! The bad news.......waiting another 3 months wondering when it will get here. Won't be making plans until we see it.

Laurie, you have the right attitude about this. I understand the sadness and the depression I have had to cancel trips and it has broken my heart. I am so sorry to hear about your dad.:hug:

Oh No Laurie, The trip is still on. Just the dates will change. I am so glad you will still get -- just going to be a bit later then expected. For so long you had a great time planning, making ressies for the prior trip. Now you get to have that much and more fun redoing :).

Have a great day :).
Patty

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter