Halloween Time Superthread 2019: "Oogie Boogie Bash" Party to Be Held in DCA ONLY! and Other Halloween Time Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is excellent advice -- please, partygoers, take photos of your OBB tickets with the bar code, load them in the app, and keep a copy somewhere safe. We've had people post here in a panic after they discovered that they threw their MHP tickets away! Recovery can be a difficult detective process. If you have the photos and the app, everything is so much easier!

This! I posted 2 years ago that I accidentally threw away all 10 of my tickets and was literally in tears. After getting no good advice from a phone CM, I posted in here and someone told me if I had the receipt with the numbers I could link the tickets to the app. It saved my life! (And $1000)

Got our tickets for Oct 6! We've done Halloween time at DLR when we were locals with APs, but never a party and never as a vacation! This is our first hard ticket event at DLR! So, so excited, especially since it means that hypothetical October trip is now an official October trip! Hotel (BWPPI) is booked, too! :)

Got our party tickets today! So excited! We have done Halloween at WDW but this will be our first time being there for Halloween at DL! I have wanted to for a while and with GE opening it just made sense to take a 4 day weekend in October and see/experience them both

YAY!
Our thought as well about SWGE - we are nervous/excited about that. Nervous about crowds, but excited to see it! DH is a huge SW fan, so he is especially excited. I'm a teacher, and thankfully my school district gave us a 4 day weekend. :) So clearly that's the perfect excuse to do the party and SWGE!

This! I posted 2 years ago that I accidentally threw away all 10 of my tickets and was literally in tears. After getting no good advice from a phone CM, I posted in here and someone told me if I had the receipt with the numbers I could link the tickets to the app. It saved my life! (And $1000)
I think I remember when you posted that....that's why I gave that tip lol.

Our thought as well about SWGE - we are nervous/excited about that. Nervous about crowds, but excited to see it! DH is a huge SW fan, so he is especially excited. I'm a teacher, and thankfully my school district gave us a 4 day weekend. :) So clearly that's the perfect excuse to do the party and SWGE!

SO much SW this year, we were just in WDW for my annual running of the SW races and now a trip to DL for more SW and Halloween. YAY!

I know GE crowds will still be high but hopefully a little more manageable 4-5 months after SWGE opens. My daughter has a school holiday right before we go so she will get an extra long weekend. As this is her last year before HS and it will get harder to go jet off for vacations during the school year.

I’m ridiculously excited we may be planning a quick trip for a Halloween party on September 29! We did the Halloween party three years ago and had a great time but I’m super excited to see what it’s like at DCA. We would then do park hoppers for the next day and go home on Tuesday. Galaxies edge crowds make me very nervous but I too am hoping that by that time things will have slowed down just a bit. We will decide for sure this week if it’s in our budget so that I can buy party tickets. Cross your fingers for me!

Last edited:
I was planning on buying our tickets this morning but I happened to wake up a little after midnight. I think my subconscious was too excited to wait so I jumped online and bought 6 tickets for October 31st. We cant wait to be there for Halloween and Dapper Day on 11/3! Plus throw in my 50th birthday on 11/1 and this being our granddaughter's first trip and the excitement level is off the charts! Now I just need to find a way to be patient for 6 more months lol

Okay... how do I link them to my app? In the scan tickets area it seems to just be for park tickets, does not recognize my oogie tix... My app appears to be updated

They are pretty on it this year. I, too, just got my hard tickets in the mail yesterday for our October party.

This is excellent advice -- please, partygoers, take photos of your OBB tickets with the bar code, load them in the app, and keep a copy somewhere safe. We've had people post here in a panic after they discovered that they threw their MHP tickets away! Recovery can be a difficult detective process. If you have the photos and the app, everything is so much easier!

Oooooooo. I should do that. It's a long time between April and October. Thank you for the advice!

Bought our tickets for the October 8th party. This will be my family’s first time in Disneyland for the Halloween season. Thank god I don’t have to keep track of the hard tickets. I included them in our reservation so we will pick them up when we check into the DGC.!

I'm going September 19th, 24th and 26th. Those tickets are bought and saved in the app. :) Possibly going 17th too if that plan we currently have works out.

Yes, I am that eager. Especially after seeing the Disneyland after Dark line up for character meets. If the party is half as good I will need every minute. :dogdance:
I sure hope its as good as last year!

Got the 19th of September booked, done the Disneyland Paris Halloween party before, but as far as I can tell, this will be something else :)

Got our party tickets today! So excited! We have done Halloween at WDW but this will be our first time being there for Halloween at DL! I have wanted to for a while and with GE opening it just made sense to take a 4 day weekend in October and see/experience them both

YAY!
Its on my bucket list to to go to DLP and WDW's Halloween parties. Sooo jealous!!

Okay... how do I link them to my app? In the scan tickets area it seems to just be for park tickets, does not recognize my oogie tix... My app appears to be updated
Can you scan the bar code on the party tix? Make sure you have plenty of light when you scan. Sometimes my phone camera gets moody scanning tickets when it thinks it doesn't have enough light.

Can you scan the bar code on the party tix? Make sure you have plenty of light when you scan. Sometimes my phone camera gets moody scanning tickets when it thinks it doesn't have enough light.

I tried to scan the barcode and the number, they scan fine, the number pops up, and the app says it is not a valid ticket. I think it is just looking for actual park entry tickets and not hard ticket event tickets.

Its on my bucket list to to go to DLP and WDW's Halloween parties. Sooo jealous!!
Disneyland Paris’ Halloween season is amazing, like the best time to go in my eyes, but their Halloween parties completely let it down, not any characters that aren’t out every day during Halloween (minus Edgar last year) for £70, for a character person it’s just not worth it unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter