Halloween Time Superthread 2019: "Oogie Boogie Bash" Party to Be Held in DCA ONLY! and Other Halloween Time Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m sorry if I missed this, but what’s the thought on crowds with it being at DCA? Will there be less people? Are there any guesses on when tickets will start selling out?

No fireworks at DCA so just WoC?

We have only done MNSSHP at WDW before (including last year). Is there no Hocus Pocus show at the DCA party? Is there a show? Is it good?

We have only done MNSSHP at WDW before (including last year). Is there no Hocus Pocus show at the DCA party? Is there a show? Is it good?

There isn’t a Hocus Pocus show. Disneyland didn’t have a live show at all, but the new party at DCA will have a live show called Mickey’s Trick and Treat (from the Disneyland website: Don’t miss Mickey and friends as they headline a live show filled with not-so-scary Halloween tales—at the Disney Theater in Hollywood Land.)

We’ll have to wait until the first party to hear everyone’s reviews of the show. Since this is the first year for the Oogie Boogie Bash, a lot of the offerings are brand new.

I have called three times in the last week and I've gotten different people each time on the phone just to be sure it wasn't one persons opinion of how it was going to work, and they all said the same thing; Disneyland will be open normal hours during the Halloween party but if you don't have the ticket to the Halloween Party you can't go in to California Adventure.
So if you have a park hopper and the Halloween ticket or a Disneyland only ticket and the Halloween party ticket, then you could still go from park to park during the party. Please let me know if anyone knows any difference. Thank You
I apologize if I have used any incorrect names for lands or parties, no offense was intended.

The Halloween party is a separate ticketed event and in order to be in DCA after the party starts you must have a ticket. You are correct about hopping but honestly if you are buying a ticket to the party then you would probably just want to stay st the party!

My 18 year old DD wants to dress as Rapunzel, fo you think this dress will be okay? She’s pretty tall and I can adjust the skirt a bit so it’s not touching the ground if needed.
3575F653-0CD0-45E9-963B-2B76ABE98405.jpeg

That's a pretty nice looking dress! As long as it's not dragging on the ground, I think it'll be fine. Long sleeves might be a bit warm depending on the weather, but that's a different issue... :rotfl:

That's a pretty nice looking dress! As long as it's not dragging on the ground, I think it'll be fine. Long sleeves might be a bit warm depending on the weather, but that's a different issue... :rotfl:

Thank you! I don’t think it will even touch the ground and it’s two pieces so the skirt can be pulled up/adjusted.

We’re from Phoenix so we’re used to hot hot hot weather! Although the last party we attended in 2016 it was 107 and hotter in Anaheim than Phoenix!

Tell me about Halloween at DL? Is it a hard ticket party like WDW? We are going to be there for halloween and don't know what to expect. I will keep my SFX to a min for the PG crowd.

Halloween is a hard ticket event at Disney, this year held at California Adventures. However, Disney usually decks the park out with Halloween decorations and a couple attractions get fun Halloween overlays.

Obviously this is a Disney message board and the main focus is on Disneyland, but I highly suggest you also add to your trip Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios and Knott's Scary Farm if you only have late teens/adults in your group and don't mind being scared or love horror movies and stuff.

The Halloween party is a separate ticketed event and in order to be in DCA after the party starts you must have a ticket. You are correct about hopping but honestly if you are buying a ticket to the party then you would probably just want to stay st the party!

My 18 year old DD wants to dress as Rapunzel, fo you think this dress will be okay? She’s pretty tall and I can adjust the skirt a bit so it’s not touching the ground if needed.
View attachment 406429
Very pretty dress! Just make sure that your daughter can move around comfortably and safely -- think about getting in and out of ride vehicles (e.g. hems getting caught, freedom of movement to enter/exit quickly, etc.), safety restraints, restrooms, sitting on the ground or the curb, etc. -- basically going through a regular theme park day. Start checking the local weather reports about a week before your party date, just in case any adjustments have to be made. Last year it rained/poured for one of our parties -- adjustments definitely had to be made!

Last edited:
I bought my party ticket a few weeks ago, but I haven't received my hard tickets in the mail. The ticket shows up on the app, so I'm not too concerned, but I remember that people who bought there tickets right when they went on sale received hard tickets in the mail within a few days. Has that still held true for people?

Melissa

Can tickets be sold for face value (or less) to someone else? I might have screwed up my travel dates but jumped on tickets already and bought two for Oct 22nd. I bough them as gifts so I didn't have to put a name on them when I checked out (hoping to bring a friend along, but no one has confirmed yet so I wanted some flexibility there). I figure I can't offer to sell them here, which is fine, I don't want to break any rules... I just also am hoping to avoid eating ~$240 because my dates were off by 4 days or so!

(If I call Disney, will they exchange the tickets for another day, as long as it hasn't sold out and is the same price?)

From the ticket fine print: "Tickets are non-refundable and may not be resold or transferred for a commercial purpose." This has generally been read to mean that you cannot resell tickets, but you can donate them to a charity. In terms of calling to exchange tickets, I haven't heard about folks having much luck, but you can try and hope for the best.

From the ticket fine print: "Tickets are non-refundable and may not be resold or transferred for a commercial purpose." This has generally been read to mean that you cannot resell tickets, but you can donate them to a charity. In terms of calling to exchange tickets, I haven't heard about folks having much luck, but you can try and hope for the best.

The commercial purpose was what I was wondering about. I'm not a ticket reseller, I didn't buy multiple days or large volumes of tickets to sell, I wouldn't be charging a "service fee" or above face value to make a profit... it doesn't feel like what I would be doing would be "commercial". More of "stupid mistake on buying tickets for the wrong day".

I was also just curious if there was any technical reason these tickets wouldn't work for someone else. I would hate to even give them away and then it turns out when they go to use the ticket at the gate they can't because they need to see my credit card or the ID of the person that bought them or something

Ugh, and here I was thinking I was so on top of things to jump on it the moment the went on sale... rushing a little too much this year I guess

I bought my party ticket a few weeks ago, but I haven't received my hard tickets in the mail. The ticket shows up on the app, so I'm not too concerned, but I remember that people who bought there tickets right when they went on sale received hard tickets in the mail within a few days. Has that still held true for people?

Melissa
When you purchased it it should have asked how you wanted to receive them and hard copies is only an option if you select it and they charge you to do that. Someone please correct if wrong.

When you purchased it it should have asked how you wanted to receive them and hard copies is only an option if you select it and they charge you to do that. Someone please correct if wrong.

I was in the first wave to buy tickets. Got hard copies without requesting or paying extra pretty quickly, I also had to scan them into the app, which didn’t work for a few weeks for me.

Can tickets be sold for face value (or less) to someone else? I might have screwed up my travel dates but jumped on tickets already and bought two for Oct 22nd...
The commercial purpose was what I was wondering about. I'm not a ticket reseller, I didn't buy multiple days or large volumes of tickets to sell, I wouldn't be charging a "service fee" or above face value to make a profit... it doesn't feel like what I would be doing would be "commercial". More of "stupid mistake on buying tickets for the wrong day"...
Disney tickets state clearly that they are not refundable, not transferable, and not for resale. DIS Boards adheres to and supports Disney policy and does not condone, support, or participate in any violation of Disney policy. It is against the DIS Board rules to sell tickets or to promote the violation of Disney policy on the boards. Making a profit isn't the issue here. Violating Disney policy is the issue. Please do not do that here.
Situations like this happen every year and are exactly why we warn people to be very careful before purchasing Halloween Party tickets.
As a pp noted, you can try calling Guest Services to see if they will exchange your tickets for another date. Others have not had success with this in the past, but you can at least try. If that does not work, you can gift your tickets to a lucky someone or donate your tickets for a tax deduction. (Try calling CHOC -- Children's Hospital of Orange County -- or CHOC Walk.) We've had reports from posters who have received full value of their MHP tickets in the past as a tax deduction to charity.

Last edited:
I bought my tickets via the app and never received hard copies. I figure since they show up in the app, I’m ok?

I bought my tickets via the app and never received hard copies. I figure since they show up in the app, I’m ok?
Print out a copy of the tickets (is this possible from the app?), keep a copy of the credit card receipt, and take a screen shot of the tickets (send it to your email -- and, if you're paranoid like I am, send it to another safe email, just in case). While definitely a rare occurrence, the app can eat your tickets, and having the printed and email back up copies can really come in handy in case of emergency. (We recently had a post from someone who had an unused ticket disappear from the app -- so it can happen -- best to be prepared!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!