Halloween Time Superthread 2019: "Oogie Boogie Bash" Party to Be Held in DCA ONLY! and Other Halloween Time Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was in the first wave to buy tickets. Got hard copies without requesting or paying extra pretty quickly, I also had to scan them into the app, which didn’t work for a few weeks for me.
I purchased on the AP selling date and received an email with all my tickets. I do remember the option for delivery already being set as print at home or email delivery what ever its called and it didn't show the other options you had to click on small part that said see other delivery options.

I wanted to report back on tickets to OBB that I purchased as part of a Disneyland Good Neighbor Disney Visa Package. I have received confirmation that I will NOT receive the tickets in the mail, but they will be included in the welcome package that is delivered to our hotel for pickup from the front desk on arrival day. I was concerned after a few weeks passed and I hadn't received them in the mail. I've also received a receipt from Disneyland that shows the tickets as part of my package. They informed me that booking the OBB tickets as part of a package (and then purchasing trip insurance) is the only way for these tickets to be considered in any way refundable, subject to the refund reasons outlined in the trip insurance. I thought it was a nice bonus, if you happen to be going on a package deal booked through Disneyland. I'm getting so excited I can't wait! :hmghost:

Print out a copy of the tickets (is this possible from the app?), keep a copy of the credit card receipt, and take a screen shot of the tickets (send it to your email -- and, if you're paranoid like I am, send it to another safe email, just in case). While definitely a rare occurrence, the app can eat your tickets, and having the printed and email back up copies can really come in handy in case of emergency. (We recently had a post from someone who had an unused ticket disappear from the app -- so it can happen -- best to be prepared!)

I can’t print from the app, but I did go back to the email and found where it says my phone is my ticket. But I also found where I can print from there. I agree, having a backup is important!

Thank you everyone! It's good to know that I'm not the only one! I have both the email and the ticket in app, so I'm covered.

Melissa

Just checked for party tickets and as I had expected nothing is sold out. Not surprising with all of the parties on school nights this year. I guess for those of us who are going its a good thing. We will not have to deal with crowds!!
I hope you are right! We've never done one and I know the Halloween crowds have only increased in the last few years. Maybe this will be a little respite from that?

I am really curious on how the WoC portion will work. We're going to the fifth party so I'll be watching reviews to see how it all works out. So excited!!

I'm still undecided on tickets. We'll be in the parks on Halloween and staying at GCH (which is a major splurge) and I still don't know if I want to shell out $300 on party tickets....

Just checked for party tickets and as I had expected nothing is sold out. Not surprising with all of the parties on school nights this year. I guess for those of us who are going its a good thing. We will not have to deal with crowds!!
I hope so, but last year most tickets didn't sell out until 2-3 months after able to purchase. I guess we will have to wait and see.

I hope so, but last year most tickets didn't sell out until 2-3 months after able to purchase. I guess we will have to wait and see.

True but the parties that sold out were often on Friday nights when kids didn't have to go to school the next day. All the parties this year are on school nights.

I'm trying to coordinate this with a SWGE visit. This is a short visit so it's either going to be fireworks and crowds or SWGE on a weekday. The weekend hotel prices are actually less than weekday for the week I'm looking. Crazy.

we probably wont see much till late July, or even right before the first party for Disneyland. anyone remember last year? i feel like its only a week or two before the first party that we get much info on march and food

we probably wont see much till late July, or even right before the first party for Disneyland. anyone remember last year? i feel like its only a week or two before the first party that we get much info on march and food
Will it be the same or similar merchandise as MNSSHP?

I remember the first party sold out around mid July. It was October 12 (the one I attended). I think that was due to Arizona schools having fall break that week. And I think merch and food get sent out around August b/c you can start booking dining packages at Blue Bayou. I wonder if other places at DCA would have a parade package?

Gah...all this talk of the parties, now I really want to go lol

Woohoo!! Maybe they will dole out more candy to each person!!

They did preview some Halloween pins last week at one of the pin events. Let me check with my friend if he gives me permission to post his pictures.

I liked this year's style much better. And variation in characters too - there was a Morgana Macawber pin!

They did preview some Halloween pins last week at one of the pin events. Let me check with my friend if he gives me permission to post his pictures.

I liked this year's style much better. And variation in characters too - there was a Morgana Macawber pin!
The pictures of the pins are on the MNSSHP thread and they were a few pages in from the end as of last night.

The Parks Blog posted their HalloweenTime Foodie Guide on August 23 (about two weeks before HalloweenTime started) last year. So hopefully we'll see something in late-August this year. I think they posted the one-sheet for the party pin in late-August as well.

The Parks Blog posted their HalloweenTime Foodie Guide on August 23 (about two weeks before HalloweenTime started) last year. So hopefully we'll see something in late-August this year. I think they posted the one-sheet for the party pin in late-August as well.

Hopefully Disney will print enough food guides this year to give out in the parks. Last year they didn't/wouldn't give any out a week before Halloween because they said they didn't print enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts