Halloween Time Superthread 2019: "Oogie Boogie Bash" Party to Be Held in DCA ONLY! and Other Halloween Time Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you! That's good to know. I wish they'd just let you request the F! showing when you make the reservation! Sounds like we really can't be totally guaranteed the later show. Does it matter whether we do lunch/dinner? Or how late the reservation is?.
Your reservation time assigns you to a show. I forget what the time cut-offs are now, although it usually shows you on the reservation website.

You won’t have trouble switching to the second show, though, even if you do have a “first show” reservation time - that one’s never full. It’s trying to move to the first show that can be a problem.

Are there dining packages or dessert parties for the Halloween Screams fireworks? I know it is different this year since the party is now at DCA, but I saw that they are doing Halloween Screams "select nights" at Disneyland (though I don't see any specific dates on the calendar for it, unless I am missing it, yet). My DD11 loves NBC and Jack Skellington, and I would love to have some priority seating for the fireworks if they offer it. We will likely be doing a Sunday party, so I hope Halloween Screams will be either Friday or Saturday night when we are there.

In general, they haven't offered fireworks dining or desserts packages in the past. The general thought is that they don't want to do that because fireworks are just so iffy at DLR. There have been a few special event type offerings and (I think) there are some VIP packages that might include viewing, but they haven't had something that was more readily available.

Does anybody have an educated guess on how busy the parties are going to be? I'm hoping that they're going to be like WDW's after hrs parties, crowd wise, since the prices are similar

Does anybody have an educated guess on how busy the parties are going to be? I'm hoping that they're going to be like WDW's after hrs parties, crowd wise, since the prices are similar
We wont have any idea until the first party since it was at DL the last few years. The crowds are generally lower than a regular park day excluding Halloween night which tends to be very busy.

I haven't been to the Halloween Party before. I'm thinking of bringing my nieces, or at least the older one, but I'm not sure they're quite old enough yet. The oldest is 4 years old. Is that an appropriate age to enjoy a party like this, or should I wait another year or two?

I haven't been to the Halloween Party before. I'm thinking of bringing my nieces, or at least the older one, but I'm not sure they're quite old enough yet. The oldest is 4 years old. Is that an appropriate age to enjoy a party like this, or should I wait another year or two?

It will be all age appropriate. Just a matter if she gets scared or not. I’ve never been and am taking my kids this year but I assume it’s not scare like a haunted house would be

It's hard to say, especially because the party has moved over to DCA this year. I guess, the first question is, the party lasts until 11:00 pm. Can your niece make it that late in the evening? If she cannot, are you okay with leaving early? I went with a couple of kids that bracketed the age you mention (almost 3 and 5), and the older one had a blast, but the younger one fell asleep towards the end of the evening. Luckily there were enough adults to take turns staying with the stroller where he was sleeping. Both kids really liked trick-or-treating in the park and getting to wear their Halloween costume early.

It's hard to say, especially because the party has moved over to DCA this year. I guess, the first question is, the party lasts until 11:00 pm. Can your niece make it that late in the evening? If she cannot, are you okay with leaving early? I went with a couple of kids that bracketed the age you mention (almost 3 and 5), and the older one had a blast, but the younger one fell asleep towards the end of the evening. Luckily there were enough adults to take turns staying with the stroller where he was sleeping. Both kids really liked trick-or-treating in the park and getting to wear their Halloween costume early.
This is why I haven’t taken my six-year-old yet - she can usually hang pretty late, but sometimes she gets tired waiting for fireworks and watches them with her head on my shoulder and I just think, “nope, I couldn’t pay those ticket prices and then have it be a night where she’s a zombie by 9:30!”

This is why I haven’t taken my six-year-old yet - she can usually hang pretty late, but sometimes she gets tired waiting for fireworks and watches them with her head on my shoulder and I just think, “nope, I couldn’t pay those ticket prices and then have it be a night where she’s a zombie by 9:30!”
Yes, we've seen some little ones having a great time and other kids, even older ones, dragging or begging to go back to the hotel. And it makes us so sad to see parents yelling at their kids because "we PAID for these tickets so you're going to have FUN!" And even at MHP, there were kids who were really scared and just not ready -- and it wasn't always easy to gauge by age alone. Every kid is different and parents/aunties/uncles/grandparents/etc. need to be wise and practical when it comes to Halloween parties. And what about the parties where things go totally out of your control -- like the party last year where it poured rain all night? Can your kids still have fun? Or will the weather ruin everything? We saw families having fun in drenched clothes and families who were clearly miserable and grumpy, complaining about everything. Disney doesn't refund tickets because of bad weather.

Anyone know why there aren’t available reservations for Fantasmic! dining packages in October yet? Will they not be offering those? It’s definitely less than 60 days until our dates...

Anyone know why there aren’t available reservations for Fantasmic! dining packages in October yet? Will they not be offering those? It’s definitely less than 60 days until our dates...
They don’t have anything out for the entertainment schedule yet in October. I don’t even think they have regular dinner reservations available yet. They’re probably still figuring out the hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter