Halloween Time Superthread 2019: "Oogie Boogie Bash" Party to Be Held in DCA ONLY! and Other Halloween Time Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am super curious how this is going to play out... on the one hand, they raised the prices again, that will deter some people, not having Friday or Saturday night parties will deter others. Having it at DCA could be a bonus for some people, new offerings, new setting... others may not want to give up a chance at seeing SWGE that night for one reason or another, or think they don’t like DCA or whatever... I am going to be hopeful that it won’t be crazy crowded... I am also buying my tix next week because I have the plane fare, so I am in it either way... might as well bite the bullet.

Maybe this is why I'm having trouble getting excited. I don't even remember fall decorations at DCA, but we haven't been during that season since 2013. So when I heard this news I was like - at DCA? Really? I mean I get their reasoning with SWGE, but I've just always seen DL as the Halloween/fall themed park. So they have improved the fall feel at DCA the last few years?

They have added a ton of really fun Halloween decor in the past two years. Carthay Circle has special lighting and bats. They have a cool Headless Horseman statue on Buena Vista Street. Cars Land gets totally decked out as Radiator Screams and looks awesome. It sounds like they have a lot in store for the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail this year too!

I am super curious how this is going to play out... on the one hand, they raised the prices again, that will deter some people, not having Friday or Saturday night parties will deter others. Having it at DCA could be a bonus for some people, new offerings, new setting... others may not want to give up a chance at seeing SWGE that night for one reason or another, or think they don’t like DCA or whatever... I am going to be hopeful that it won’t be crazy crowded... I am also buying my tix next week because I have the plane fare, so I am in it either way... might as well bite the bullet.
I'm right there with you hoping it will be less crowded and I am also buying my tickets next week as my flight and hotel are paid for as well and I didn't buy the insurance plan from getawaytoday as I know that I'm definitely going.

Where would they be able to put the Cadaver Dans in DCA? I didn't see them mentioned in the blog post. I'll definitely miss seeing them perform on the Rivers of America!
good question. I also hope they have the live scare crows. They weren't at my party last year:(

Last edited:
The spookiest area of the park is probably by GoTG... they could put the Dans over there I guess... or maybe as entertainment for the wait in the villains area they mentioned... or keep them in DL as atmosphere?

Okay, so they've increased the prices, but removed park hopping? Not that the PH option mattered for me with my AP I've always had when I've gone, but good grief! They're not adding anything too spectacular to make up for what's being lost.

Moving to DCA is definitely not a surprise, though. I would have been surprised if it had stayed at DL.

Perhaps they will hand out full size candy bars, pretzels, etc instead of the mini ones! Maybe they will give one Halloween pin too!

This makes me glad I am going to WDW in September and am attending a Halloween party there for the first time. Now don't get me wrong I love the idea of a party DCA , and it makes logistical sense to me. However the price is higher than I expected. I was hopeful because it wasn't at Disneyland proper it would be closer to $85 for earlier dates but I can't justify it with my other trip so close.

I'm also curious if the happiest haunts tour will still be at DL or DCA or both perhaps. Though the tour we did during the 60th was so incredible and years past have cut things out I don't think I could do it again without feeling cheated some.

Does anyone know what time of day tickets typically go on sale for these things? I have an annual pass so I will be purchasing on the first day.

Can you guys help me? I’ll be in LA area the first week of October with my gf. We have the possibility to choose any of these 3 days to go do DL one day only

Oct. 1 – Tuesday – Halloween at DCA

Oct 2 – Wednesday – Nothing on calendar

Oct. 3 – Thursday - Halloween at DCA

As we want to go to DL, which day do you think will be the less crowded?

I’m trying to think as the crowd: On a Halloween at DCA day, a lot of people will come do DL because DCA will have less hours. But at the same time if I think this way and choose to go on Wednesday, I believe a lot of people will think the same to escape the crowd of the DL on the Halloween at DCA day and DL will be worst on the Wednesday.

Appreciate any help you guys can give me to choose the better day.
sorry for my bad English.

Thanks

Does the DCA party mean they won't be having a special ticket party at DL this year?

:wizard:

Can you guys help me? I’ll be in LA area the first week of October with my gf. We have the possibility to choose any of these 3 days to go do DL one day only

Oct. 1 – Tuesday – Halloween at DCA

Oct 2 – Wednesday – Nothing on calendar

Oct. 3 – Thursday - Halloween at DCA

As we want to go to DL, which day do you think will be the less crowded?

I’m trying to think as the crowd: On a Halloween at DCA day, a lot of people will come do DL because DCA will have less hours. But at the same time if I think this way and choose to go on Wednesday, I believe a lot of people will think the same to escape the crowd of the DL on the Halloween at DCA day and DL will be worst on the Wednesday.

Appreciate any help you guys can give me to choose the better day.
sorry for my bad English.

Thanks
Hmm. Wednesday could be more crowded, however, you won't have to deal with one park having significantly shorter hours, and everyone migrating over to the other park when it closes. So I personally would pick Wednesday, if I only had one day. The key with Disneyland is starting early in the morning before crowds build. You'd be surprised at how much you get done by noon if you are diligent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter