Halloween Time Superthread 2019: "Oogie Boogie Bash" Party to Be Held in DCA ONLY! and Other Halloween Time Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strange days this year. Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday night parties cuts out the regular work week Fri/Sat days off. And they are getting a bit crazy with the prices on those last few days. I don't mind that they are moving it to DCA but would it kill them to give Toy Story Midway Mania a Halloween theme??

I thought they had specifically mentioned a TSMM Halloween overlay previously. I thought they had also mentioned Soarin overlays too.

We have already been this year so wont be there for Halloweentime so dissapointed. Boogie Boogie meet alone sells me on it.
I think the writing has been on the wall for this for the last couple of years, I think it will be great, I do think the lack of fireworks would be disappointing.

With the price increase I would have a hard time selling DH on it, seriously 10 days park hoppers or 1 party....

I do wonder about WOC, will the Halloween version play only on party nights? Can they easily play Halloween one night and normal the next? Will Halloween version play all through the season, or will WOC only play on party nights?

I think it's pretty easy to switch between version of WoC. I vaguely recall that during the 60th celebration, they presented both the 60th show (Celebrate!) and the holiday show (Winter Dreams?) on the same night. I would guess that they'll present the regular show on non-party nights and Villainous on the party nights.

I really like Halloween Screams and am holding out hope that they'll present it over in DL on the weekends.

I can picture a TSMM overlay for Halloween (and Christmas), but I'm having trouble imagining a Soarin' overlay. Now, some Halloween decorations for Pixar Pier would be a nice touch!

As mentioned, the Disneyland Website explicitly mentions Costumed Characters, HMH, and the Main Street Pumpkin Festival will be back this year (they all have their own sub-webpages in the new layout). The Dia de Los Muertos and Plaza de Familia webpages haven't migrated and the Ghost Galaxy page has been eaten by Stitch. So at this point, we know at least HMH and the pumpkins will be back. I also think both Dia de los Muertos and the Plaza will be back, along with SM:GG. That being said, has anyone heard any rumors/info about whether HyperSpace Mountain might be returning this year because of SW:GE? If they do bring that back, then there might be a small chance that SM:GG won't return because of HyperSpace's popularity.

In terms of the Disney Visa, I would have the number handy just in case you can't make the purchase online. Last year's announcement had the same language about AP, DVC, and DRVC all have early access to purchasing tickets, but in the end DRVC holders had to call to get early tickets.

I sure hope SM:GG is back! SM is my favorite ride at DLR, and GG is my favorite version of SM. It's honestly one of my big reasons to go in October. I miss it! Hopefully if they bring HyperSpace back for the SWGE opening, they take it away again in favor of GG for Halloween time. Seems like the overlays are pretty simple to switch out in SM.

I think it's pretty easy to switch between version of WoC. I vaguely recall that during the 60th celebration, they presented both the 60th show (Celebrate!) and the holiday show (Winter Dreams?) on the same night. I would guess that they'll present the regular show on non-party nights and Villainous on the party nights.

I really like Halloween Screams and am holding out hope that they'll present it over in DL on the weekends.

I can picture a TSMM overlay for Halloween (and Christmas), but I'm having trouble imagining a Soarin' overlay. Now, some Halloween decorations for Pixar Pier would be a nice touch!

In Vancouver there is a version of Soarin that goes over Canadax at Christmas time they add hidden elves and it goes to the North Pole at the end.
Christmas you could soar through lapland, and all sorts of gorgeous Christmas villages before landing at Disneyland decorated for Christmas.
I'm not saying they would do this, but imagine Soarin over Halloweentown (NBC),

We're usually in the area over Halloween for work stuff, and we've always gone on 10/31 - it was ok last year, with the fireworks redeeming the party which was otherwise pretty crowded...not having halloween screams is a huge turnoff for us. WoC always has terrible seating and kids can't see anything. Agree with PP there are less rides to disperse people so it will be interesting to see what happens.

We don't do a lot of rides during the party either. We focus on party specifics like the parade, fireworks, character meet and greets and trick or treating. I wonder if they will have an area like the Toon Town pre-party. This is where we always start our night and now have to learn a new strategy. Of course last year our strategy was all thrown off as we went with some family members who did things differently than we did. We would also always have dinner at Plaza Inn so, we will have to figure out a new place to eat at as well.

A replacement for the ToonTown pre party will be interesting indeed.

When we discussed it our first idea was barriers down Hollywood Boulevard and separate the backlot and maybe GOTG ride. But that's a double edged sword because they don't really have any time to revamp it after the pre-party and the area has too many attractions.

I wouldn't actually be surprised if there wasn't a pre-party this year. WDW manages without one too and offers early entry with the party ticket.

A replacement for the ToonTown pre party will be interesting indeed.

When we discussed it our first idea was barriers down Hollywood Boulevard and separate the backlot and maybe GOTG ride. But that's a double edged sword because they don't really have any time to revamp it after the pre-party and the area has too many attractions.

I wouldn't actually be surprised if there wasn't a pre-party this year. WDW manages without one too and offers early entry with the party ticket.
I wonder if they would do it in Carsland... Can someone who went to the previous Halloween party at DCA comment if they used to have a pre-party?

I wonder if they would do it in Carsland... Can someone who went to the previous Halloween party at DCA comment if they used to have a pre-party?

They did not have a pre-party back in the day of the early parties at DCA. They also did not have any parades or special night time entertainment. It was pretty much trick or treat, some meet and greets and ride the rides... and we had a great time!

I’m not sure if this has been talked about so please forgive me if I’m repeating myself. But since it’s moved to CA Adventure, will you still have access to Disneyland hours before with your party ticket?

The info says “Your ticket lets you enjoy Disney California Adventure Park for up to 4 hours before Oogie Boogie Bash ” but not Disneyland.

I’m not sure if this has been talked about so please forgive me if I’m repeating myself. But since it’s moved to CA Adventure, will you still have access to Disneyland hours before with your party ticket?

The info says “Your ticket lets you enjoy Disney California Adventure Park for up to 4 hours before Oogie Boogie Bash ” but not Disneyland.
No, everything for the event is DCA only because of SWGE.

This is why the title of this thread emphasizes "... DCA ONLY!" and also the first post of this thread. It's important for everyone to know up front that there are no park hopping privileges with this year's Halloween Party ticket. Since the tickets are non-refundable, people need to know what they are and aren't getting with this year's ticket.

Last edited:
Yeah, the point of moving the party to DCA is to move crowds over there, so making it to where people could get into Disneyland before hand would defeat the purpose. The ticket will definitely be DCA only.

Question on the party. We’ve done WDW events but this will be our first time at CA. Is there a previous character listing? I would like to see who was there last year.

Last edited:
Question on the party. We done WDW events but this will be our first time at CA. Is there a previous character listing? I would like to see who was there last year.
Nope, this is the first year of this party and the list will be completely different than previous years. Of course even when it was at Disneyland the list changed completely from one year to the next and sometimes even from one night to the next.

Basically unless they are listed in the official blog post, press release, Disneyland.com or in the description of the event when you buy the tickets, there are no guarantees who will or won't be there and even if listed they may change.

Question on the party. We’ve done WDW events but this will be our first time at CA. Is there a previous character listing? I would like to see who was there last year.
After the first party people will post here what characters will be at the party. Was there a certain character you had in mind that you were curious if they will be there? Last year's party had some different characters that aren't usually at party's like the jungle book characters like Baloo and the bride and tight rope walker from the haunted mansion. I cant wait to hear what this year's party characters will be. Just keep checking in on this thread and you will know all the details.

Thanks for the reply’s. I was just wondering how different the characters would be compared to WDW. Our family are huge M&G people so we usually will do two parties. One for characters and a few other things and then the 2nd one for what ever else we want to do.

Thanks for the reply’s. I was just wondering how different the characters would be compared to WDW. Our family are huge M&G people so we usually will do two parties. One for characters and a few other things and then the 2nd one for what ever else we want to do.
At Disneyland, characters vary widely from one day to the next and it doesn't matter if it is a party or during the regular day. There will usually be certain characters that are always there, Mickey, Minnie and the other basics. But outside of that, one day you'll find Malifecent and the next the Evil Queen. You also never know where characters may show up, I once had to take my sister's to First Aid and Cruella turned up there....turned out there was another kid in First Aid whose favorite character was Cruella and was going to miss her, so the CMs arranged for her to make a visit and while there she visited with everyone that wanted to in First Aid and then from what I heard spent quite some time with girl that was not going to get to see her. And at Disneyland and DCA you will often find roaming characters that don't do the typical lines (especially at Disneyland), you just gather around and interact with them, it is a much less formal affair than Disney World and a lot of fun. This tends to carry over to the parties as well (or st least it has in the past). This isn't true for every character, but a fair number of them.

At Disneyland, characters vary widely from one day to the next and it doesn't matter if it is a party or during the regular day. There will usually be certain characters that are always there, Mickey, Minnie and the other basics. But outside of that, one day you'll find Malifecent and the next the Evil Queen. You also never know where characters may show up, I once had to take my sister's to First Aid and Cruella turned up there....turned out there was another kid in First Aid whose favorite character was Cruella and was going to miss her, so the CMs arranged for her to make a visit and while there she visited with everyone that wanted to in First Aid and then from what I heard spent quite some time with girl that was not going to get to see her. And at Disneyland and DCA you will often find roaming characters that don't do the typical lines (especially at Disneyland), you just gather around and interact with them, it is a much less formal affair than Disney World and a lot of fun. This tends to carry over to the parties as well (or st least it has in the past). This isn't true for every character, but a fair number of them.
Sounds like we will have a blast! Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter