Halloween Time Superthread 2019: "Oogie Boogie Bash" Party to Be Held in DCA ONLY! and Other Halloween Time Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think they will offer dining or dessert parties for WOC? 60 days is coming up for the first parties.

Do you think they will offer dining or dessert parties for WOC? 60 days is coming up for the first parties.
I’m 100% sure they will offer something! Disney isn’t going to miss an opportunity to make more $$$

As for party tickets selling out, it is surprising that no dates have sold out yet since the tickets have been on sale for so long already. They usually aren’t on sale until later in the year.

I’m 100% sure they will offer something! Disney isn’t going to miss an opportunity to make more $$$

As for party tickets selling out, it is surprising that no dates have sold out yet since the tickets have been on sale for so long already. They usually aren’t on sale until later in the year.

I wonder how much tickets not selling out has to do with people being apprehensive about it taking place at DCA.

I think it's a combination of things that are causing people to have to really stop and think about whether they want to attend this year's parties.
  • No more parties on Friday nights.
  • Moving the parties to DCA is a cause for some uncertainty, so folks might be waiting to see if more information comes out.
  • The loss of fireworks and access to popular HalloweenTime overlays - like HMH and SM:GG. While WoC is popular, I don't know that it's as big of a draw as party exclusive fireworks.
  • The tickets are no longer hoppers.
Also, while the tickets did go on sale earlier this year, I don't necessarily think that means the tickets would have sold out sooner even if the party had stayed in DL. Aside from a few dates, I think most people don't really start thinking about their Halloween plans until later in the summer. I think the majority of the parties will ultimately sell out like they have in the past - in August and September.

I think it's a combination of things that are causing people to have to really stop and think about whether they want to attend this year's parties.
  • No more parties on Friday nights.
  • Moving the parties to DCA is a cause for some uncertainty, so folks might be waiting to see if more information comes out.
  • The loss of fireworks and access to popular HalloweenTime overlays - like HMH and SM:GG. While WoC is popular, I don't know that it's as big of a draw as party exclusive fireworks.
  • The tickets are no longer hoppers.
Also, while the tickets did go on sale earlier this year, I don't necessarily think that means the tickets would have sold out sooner even if the party had stayed in DL. Aside from a few dates, I think most people don't really start thinking about their Halloween plans until later in the summer. I think the majority of the parties will ultimately sell out like they have in the past - in August and September.

I’m also curious if they’ve released less, more, or the same amount of tickets as when it was over at Disneyland. One would think less tickets since California Adventures seems to be smaller (at least less “must do” or beloved attractions), but possibly more since the parade route seems longer and WOC might actually be able to accommodate more people than fireworks. They also might be banking on the dance party soaking up a decent amount of people.

I’m REALLY curious what Guardians, Radiator Springs, and Midway Mania will be like... might we get 25 to 30 minute waits towards the end of the night? Or are they going to be crushing 90+ minutes constantly? I feel like Space mountain had moments where it was walk on toward the end of a Tuesday night party last year, Buzz certainly was walk on, and Pirates was basically walk on. Haunted Mansion was a HUGE line right after fireworks and Indy was moderately long, but still less than during the day...

I’m also curious if they’ve released less, more, or the same amount of tickets as when it was over at Disneyland. One would think less tickets since California Adventures seems to be smaller (at least less “must do” or beloved attractions), but possibly more since the parade route seems longer and WOC might actually be able to accommodate more people than fireworks. They also might be banking on the dance party soaking up a decent amount of people.

I’m REALLY curious what Guardians, Radiator Springs, and Midway Mania will be like... might we get 25 to 30 minute waits towards the end of the night? Or are they going to be crushing 90+ minutes constantly? I feel like Space mountain had moments where it was walk on toward the end of a Tuesday night party last year, Buzz certainly was walk on, and Pirates was basically walk on. Haunted Mansion was a HUGE line right after fireworks and Indy was moderately long, but still less than during the day...

I'm curious about all this, too!

I'm also intrigued by the dance party, though I know nothing about the Descendants outside of what my 3rd grade students have tried to explain to me. I have some fun memories of elecTRONica and the Mad T Party.

A couple of questions that I hope haven't been already covered:

1. Will DL likely be slower on party nights? (We will be there in mid-September.)
2. What are the hours of the parties, normally?
3. We are two older adults - will we be out of place at the party? We would not wear costumes. Ears or hats though, for sure.

Thanks!

1. Will DL likely be slower on party nights? (We will be there in mid-September.)
3. We are two older adults - will we be out of place at the party? We would not wear costumes. Ears or hats though, for sure.

Thanks!

1. I don’t think DL will be any less crowded on party nights. In the past, when the party was held at Disneyland, DCA would become rather crowded once the party began. Many of the visitors from DL without party tickets would hop over to DCA once the party began, adding to the crowds at the park.

2. The actual party is from 6-11 PM each night. On Sundays and the 29th and 31st of October, the park mix-in begins at 2 PM, while all other party nights, you can enter the park at 3.

3. You won’t feel out of place at all! There will be some dressed up in elaborate costumes with plenty of people wearing a simple Halloween tee or ears. The party is a blast for everyone.

Thanks!

You guys will be fine, I mean if you don’t feel out of place at Disney to begin with, the party will be no different. It’s impressive how many people come with some type of Halloween theme, but I would still say 50% of adults don’t have any Halloween touches or costumes, so you won’t stand out. The parade and WOC alone will be worth it, which both could easily appeal to a solo adult couple. In addition, guardians will have a Halloween overlay which is fun, and the park will just look amazing.

Last year when I had dinner reservations at Blue Bayou (which was a dinner package that included reserved viewing for the parade) at the end of the meal they gave my friend and I each about a 1.5 pound or more bag of candy since we “missed” some time to go to the treat stations (dinner took about an hour). I felt just a little ridiculous walking out with big bags of candy when neither of us had kids... but as soon as we got in the next line we asked some parents that had a few kids if it was ok to give them the bags of candy (explaining Blue Bayou gave it to us, everything was sealed) and they said sure and looked surprised. The kids absolutely had the largest eyes and smiles as we handed to them, what I can only imagine to them, was an endless supply of candy. We figured they might be able to spend more time doing rides since last year the treat stations weren’t really special. This year it sounds like Disney characters will be hanging out at each station.

1. I don’t think DL will be any less crowded on party nights. In the past, when the party was held at Disneyland, DCA would become rather crowded once the party began. Many of the visitors from DL without party tickets would hop over to DCA once the party began, adding to the crowds at the park.

2. The actual party is from 6-11 PM each night. On Sundays and the 29th and 31st of October, the park mix-in begins at 2 PM, while all other party nights, you can enter the park at 3.

3. You won’t feel out of place at all! There will be some dressed up in elaborate costumes with plenty of people wearing a simple Halloween tee or ears. The party is a blast for everyone.

Excellent - thank you! We are going to DL for the first time (been to WDW 20 times) in mid-September and are trying to decide whether or not to go to the party. We only have 4 days, so we need to use our time wisely. Thanks again!

You guys will be fine, I mean if you don’t feel out of place at Disney to begin with, the party will be no different. It’s impressive how many people come with some type of Halloween theme, but I would still say 50% of adults don’t have any Halloween touches or costumes, so you won’t stand out. The parade and WOC alone will be worth it, which both could easily appeal to a solo adult couple. In addition, guardians will have a Halloween overlay which is fun, and the park will just look amazing.

Last year when I had dinner reservations at Blue Bayou (which was a dinner package that included reserved viewing for the parade) at the end of the meal they gave my friend and I each about a 1.5 pound or more bag of candy since we “missed” some time to go to the treat stations (dinner took about an hour). I felt just a little ridiculous walking out with big bags of candy when neither of us had kids... but as soon as we got in the next line we asked some parents that had a few kids if it was ok to give them the bags of candy (explaining Blue Bayou gave it to us, everything was sealed) and they said sure and looked surprised. The kids absolutely had the largest eyes and smiles as we handed to them, what I can only imagine to them, was an endless supply of candy. We figured they might be able to spend more time doing rides since last year the treat stations weren’t really special. This year it sounds like Disney characters will be hanging out at each station.

Thank you! No, we don't feel out of place at Disney! :mickeyjum Sounds like it may be worth it just to see the decorations and people's costumes.

Is the Guardians overlay only for parties, or is it there for the whole Halloween season?

Wow! So nice of you to offer your candy to those kids. I'm sure they were thrilled!!

My husband and I are going and leaving the kids at home! Go!

Are you really going to Halloween parties at both parks this year? Awesome!! I'd love to read your thoughts on how they compare. Although with your avatar I get the feeling these won't be your first Halloween parties at the parks!

Yes, bucket list item for sure going to both parties in one year. WDW can't be beat when it comes to parade and fireworks. Disneyland wins for character interactions. Can't lose with either.

Yes, bucket list item for sure going to both parties in one year. WDW can't be beat when it comes to parade and fireworks. Disneyland wins for character interactions. Can't lose with either.
What about the Hocus Pocus show? That is what sells us on the WDW Party. But we might try the one in DCA this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter