Halloween Time Superthread 2020: Oogie's Back!! And Other Halloween Time Information -- Please Read Post 1! (OBB DATES CANCELLED 7/24/20)

They start right after Halloween. It’s a small team of employees that do the decorating, and it goes up pretty quickly. Last year, the Holiday season kicked off on November 8.

Went 2 years ago and castle had full snow on it by Oct 31st. New Orleans square was also decorated for Christmas during that time.
the only place that felt full on Halloween was Main Street.
It was fun to see the change happening each day we came into the park.

And forgot to add that Christmas Merch will be readily available!
If you want Halloween Merch buy it online before you go.

Tried looking around, couldn't find the answer. New to the Halloween parties. Do they generally announce the date tickets will go on sale or do they just kind of drop it without notice? Do certain people like AP holders get first dibs at the tickets? im trying to score 13 tickets for actual Halloween night so i want to prepared. Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks.

At DL there is not a big "reveal" day. It goes up bit by bit each night the days between Halloween and what was Nov 8th last year so you will start to see Christmas elements during your trip.

We were there last year Nov 3-6 and lots of Christmas decorations were up. The trees were up in both parks, snow on the castle, and I remember the first Cars Land sign was a Christmas theme. No Christmas events though until the official start which was Nov 8 last year.

Tried looking around, couldn't find the answer. New to the Halloween parties. Do they generally announce the date tickets will go on sale or do they just kind of drop it without notice? Do certain people like AP holders get first dibs at the tickets? im trying to score 13 tickets for actual Halloween night so i want to prepared. Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Look on page one of this superthread to see the date tickets went on sale to APs, Disney Visa card holders, and DVC members. Then the date tickets went on sale to the general public. You should also find the date tickets sold out for each party. Make sure that everyone in your group is committed to attending -- OBB tickets are non-refundable and not for resale.

Another Halloween Time/Holiday Time thing to note: IASW will go down for the IASWH installation sometime around the third week of October. So if you will be visiting DL in the second half of October and want to ride IASW, check to see if it will be running.

It depends on how the end of the month falls typically. This year since Halloween falls on a weekend, it’ll more than likely change on Monday the 2nd. But it’s hard to say.

Look on page one of this superthread to see the date tickets went on sale to APs, Disney Visa card holders, and DVC members. Then the date tickets went on sale to the general public. You should also find the date tickets sold out for each party. Make sure that everyone in your group is committed to attending -- OBB tickets are non-refundable and not for resale.
Thanks for the pointers. Very helpful

I am so ready for information and tickets to be available! Southwest will release the dates of our flights in about a week! October 21-27th is the whole trip, with Disneyland being the 23-27! Based on last year if they follow the same schedule our Halloween party will be the 25th!

We'll be at Disneyland 8/22 - 8/27 so I think we'll miss the Halloween events but will there be Halloween decorations appearing gradually during that time? I saw in the August 2020 thread that Haunted Mansion will probably be shut down to be redecorated that week and was kind of bummed since I've never ridden it, but seeing some of the decorations up around the park would be cool.

We'll be at Disneyland 8/22 - 8/27 so I think we'll miss the Halloween events but will there be Halloween decorations appearing gradually during that time? I saw in the August 2020 thread that Haunted Mansion will probably be shut down to be redecorated that week and was kind of bummed since I've never ridden it, but seeing some of the decorations up around the park would be cool.

I don't think so. That's way too early. I think they go up after Labor Day. Someone correct me if I'm wrong please.

Looking at last year's Halloween Time Superthread, the Mickey pumpkin in Town Square went up Sept. 2nd. That was the first post in the thread that mentioned Halloween decorations going up and had a photo. In 2018, the decorations went up on 9/07. So, @Vala , I think your guess is correct.

Hi all. We took our first family visit to DLR in June 2019 (SWGE reservation blocks times). Several WDW trips and just finished our first DCL. Anyway, I live in the Northeast (PA) and might possibly have business to conduct in La Mirada from 1-10pm on Fri Oct 16 and from 9-5 on Sat Oct 17. So, cross country flight early Thursday am (land 9am-ish local time at LAX) and fly back on Sunday. This would be a solo trip, and possibly just staying at Trop and commuting to La Mirada as needed.

So, I'm looking for thoughts. If I am going to DLR, I will have most of Thursday, the morning on Friday and perhaps the evening of Saturday. I don't think those days fall under the EMM if I get a 3-day ticket. Then, there's OBB. If I get a ticket, does it function like WDW where your party ticket allows park entry at 4 or 5 pm for a 6pm party start? With that little amount of time, I'm not so sure that hopping would be much of a benefit. Any thoughts or advice?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!