Halloween Time Superthread 2020: Oogie's Back!! And Other Halloween Time Information -- Please Read Post 1! (OBB DATES CANCELLED 7/24/20)

Vala

DIS Veteran
UPDATE 7/24/20:
Oogie Boogie Bash 2020 Dates Cancelled

From the DLR website:
disneyland.disney.go.com

Oogie Boogie Bash – A Disney Halloween Party – 2020 Temporarily Unavailable
Add even more magic to your visit with this unique experience at Disneyland Resort.
disneyland.disney.go.com
disneyland.disney.go.com

And: Disneyland Resort Confirms That Oogie Boogie Bash Will Not Happen in 2020

*********************************************************************************************************************************
Since our lovely mod asked so nicely... ;)

Here it is, the new 2020 Superthread!

Disneyland.com confirmed it: our new host Oogie Boogie is returning with his Halloween Party next year:#
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/events-tours/halloween-time-at-the-disneyland-resort/

2020 Info and Dates:

UPDATE 7/02/20: Now a Virtual Event! CHOC Walk Sunday is 9/13/20 -- this will be the 30th anniversary event (https://www.chocwalk.org)!

UPDATE 7/24/20: HHN at USH cancelled.
Halloween Horror Nights 2020 is Officially Cancelled

2019 Halloween Time and Halloween Party info below - will be edited when new info becomes available.

***First date to sell out, Thursday September 26th, is officially SOLD OUT as of July 15th***
**as of August 2nd these additional dates have sold out: 9/29 and 10/31**
*as of Aug 24th, the following dates are sold out: Sept 17, 19, 22, 24, 26, 29 and Oct 10, 17, 24 and Halloween.*

***FIRST INFO ON 2019 HALLOWEEN PARTY AT THE DISNEYLAND RESORT ANNOUNCED 4/17/2019***

Short Recap as of July 10th, 2019:
California Adventures ONLY!
-no park hopper
Redwood Creek Challenge Trail – Transformed into a wondrous and ethereal world of Disney villains unlike anything seen before
“Frightfully Fun Parade”
-new "Villainous" World of Color Halloween show
-Mickey’s Trick and Treat show
DescenDance – A new pulsing party in the Backlot area of Hollywood Land

Disneyland will however run Halloween Screams fireworks "on select nights"
-Haunted Mansion Holiday will of course return
-As of now, it looks like Ghost Galaxy will NOT return

Important Dates 2019:

• April 23: Tickets on sale to Disneyland Resort Annual Passholders, Disney Vacation Club members and Disney Visa card holders
  • April 30: Tickets on sale to general public
  • Oogie Boogie Bash in DCA 2019 dates: Sept. 17, Sept. 19, Sept. 22, Sept. 24, Sept. 26, Sept. 29, Oct. 1, Oct. 3, Oct. 6, Oct. 8, Oct. 10, Oct. 13, Oct. 15, Oct. 17, Oct. 20, Oct. 22, Oct. 24, Oct. 27, Oct. 29 and Oct. 31
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/ev...d-resort/?CMP=ILC-DPFY19Q3wo0411190417190013C

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...ure-park-tickets-on-sale-beginning-next-week/

Dates and Pricing
ALL PARTIES SOLD OUT AS OF 9/11/19

Dates
Passholder Price/ Regular Price
Tues, Sept 17, 2019 $100/ $110 -- SOLD OUT 8/22/19
Thurs, Sept 19, 2019 $100/ $110 -- SOLD OUT 8/12/19
Sun, Sept 22, 2019 $120/ $120 -- SOLD OUT 8/20/19
Tues, Sept 24, 2019 $100/ $110 -- SOLD OUT 8/17/19
Thurs, Sept 26, 2019 $100/ $110 -- SOLD OUT 7/15/19
Sun, Sept 29, 2019 $120/ $120 -- SOLD OUT 8/02/19
Tues, Oct 1, 2019 $120/ $120 -- SOLD OUT 9/06/29
Thurs, Oct 3, 2019 $120/ $120 -- SOLD OUT 8/26/19
Sun, Oct 6, 2019 $145/ $145 -- SOLD OUT 9/06/29
Tues, Oct 8, 2019 $120/ $120 -- SOLD OUT 8/26/19
Thurs, Oct 10, 2019 $120/ $120 -- SOLD OUT 8/17/19
Sun, Oct 13, 2019 $145/ $145 -- SOLD OUT 8/30/19
Tues, Oct 15, 2019 $120/ $120 -- SOLD OUT 9/06/29
Thurs, Oct 17, 2019 $120/ $120 -- SOLD OUT 8/24/19
Sun, Oct 20, 2019 $145/ $145 -- SOLD OUT 9/10/19
Tues, Oct 22, 2019 $120/ $120 -- SOLD OUT 9/06/29
Thurs, Oct 24, 2019 $120/ $120 -- SOLD OUT 8/17/19
Sun, Oct 27, 2019 $145/ $145 -- SOLD OUT 9/05/19
Tues, Oct 29, 2019 $145/ $145 -- SOLD OUT 9/11/19
Thurs, Oct 31, 2019 $145/ $145 -- SOLD OUT 8/02/19

Highlights of the new separate-ticket event include:

• “Villainous!” – The new “World of Color” show weaves a Halloween tale about a young girl named Shelley Marie. This twisted tale carries Shelley on an unforgettable journey, exploring the villainous side of Disney characters through fountains, lights, lasers, projections and special effects. “Villainous!” shows that, deep down, there’s a little villain in all of us.
  • Redwood Creek Challenge Trail – Transformed into a wondrous and ethereal world of Disney villains unlike anything seen before, Redwood Creek will be tricked out in a dreamlike environment. This new experience unfolds in a series of scenes, each creating a hauntingly beautiful dream-space of color, sound, light and shadows, as stories emerge from the darkest night to create an enchanting world.
  • Immersive Treat Trails – Enjoy trick-or-treating at the new, wonderfully wicked treat trails throughout the park. Iconic characters such as Mad Hatter from Tim Burton’s “Alice in Wonderland,” or even Oogie Boogie himself will surprise and delight. Additional treat trails will feature oversized cauldrons full of treats for all guests to enjoy.
  • DescenDance – A new pulsing party in the Backlot area of Hollywood Land is inspired by the popular “Descendants” franchise from the Disney Channel. As the DescenDance begins, a spell is cast, summoning the greatest dance crew from the Isle of the Lost to throw down and lead everyone in moves that are set to the biggest hit songs from the “Descendants” films.
  • “Frightfully Fun Parade” – The guest-favorite parade is coming to Disney California Adventure park for the first time! The Headless Horseman of Sleepy Hollow starts the procession, followed by Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse who lead the cavalcade of characters and many mischievous Disney villains who are ready to stir up some trouble along the parade route.
  • Mickey’s Trick and Treat show – Perfect for young guests, this new, interactive stage production invites kids of all ages to join Mickey Mouse and his pals as they throw a one-of-a-kind Halloween party! Enjoy dancing, not-so-frightening scary-tales, and candy at the Disney Theater in Hollywood Land.
  • Character encounters – Meet beloved Disney characters – and villains, too. You may be surprised at who you discover at this Halloween party, ready for photos and greetings!

This will be the one and only Halloween Party in Disneyland Resort this year. No official party in the Disneyland Park, only in Disney California Adventure -- No park hopping with this year's party ticket. This is sad news to me, but with all of the Star Wars commotion, it was expected.

News release July 9th, 2019: "And for the first time in nearly a decade, all guests visiting Disneyland will get to enjoy a version of the supernatural projection and special effects show – “Halloween Screams.” This nighttime spectacular adds to the spooky fun on most nights of the season. On select nights, “Halloween Screams” will go sky high when the show is enhanced with the addition of fireworks."...

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...s-this-halloween-season-at-disneyland-resort/
***Small Update on May 23rd***

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...en-party-at-disney-california-adventure-park/

• DescenDANCE Party – A new pulsing party in the Backlot area of Hollywood Land is inspired by the popular “Descendants” franchise from Disney Channel. As the DescenDANCE Party begins, a spell is cast, summoning the greatest dance crew from the Isle of the Lost to throw down and lead everyone in moves that are set to the biggest hit songs from all three “Descendants” movies. The original “Villain Kids” might even crash the party through magic mirrors. Once the DescenDANCE crew returns to their realm, the Backlot DJ continues to spin tunes that will make any “Villain Kid” proud, inviting everyone to step onto the dance floor into the night.
  • “Villainous!” – The new “World of Color” show weaves a Halloween tale about a young girl named Shelley Marie. This twisted tale carries Shelley on an unforgettable journey, exploring the villainous side of Disney characters through fountains, lights, lasers, projections and special effects. “Villainous!” shows that, deep down, there’s a little villain in all of us.
  • Character encounters – Tweens will love meeting beloved Disney characters – and villains, too. You may be surprised at who you discover at this Halloween party, like Dr Facilier, Jafar and Maleficent!
  • Immersive Treat Trails – Trick-or-treating is not just for little kids! There is so much to see at the new, wonderfully wicked treat trails throughout the park. Iconic characters such as Mad Hatter from Tim Burton’s “Alice in Wonderland,” or even Oogie Boogie himself will surprise and delight. Additional treat trails will feature oversized cauldrons full of treats for all guests to enjoy.
  • “Frightfully Fun Parade” – The favorite Halloween parade is coming to Disney California Adventure park for the first time! The Headless Horseman of Sleepy Hollow starts the procession, followed by Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse who lead the cavalcade of characters and many mischievous Disney villains who are ready to stir up some trouble along the parade route.

DLR REOPENING SUPERTHREAD (DL & DCA TBA) (DTD 7/09/20): Post Official News and Updates Here! KEEP CHECKING FIRST PAGE FOR UPDATES!

**Official** September 2020 Check-In

Official October 2020 Check In Thread...Take 2!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Thank you for the 2020 superthread!

I am a little afraid to see the cost of the Party Ticket for 2020.

I will be going in October. Not sure of the dates yet. My AP expires Oct 29th so it will be before then.

Geemo

We are going October 20-27th and plan to buy party tickets when they go on sale for Disney chase holders. If they stick to the same schedule we would do the party on the Sunday the 25th.

We have hotel reservations for two different weekends in October. I will cancel one weekend once my DD gets her grad school schedule/assignments. We haven't been in October since they started decorating for Halloween. I doubt we will go to a Halloween party due to our dates, and we won't know DD schedule until late August/early September, so tickets will more than likely be gone. Regardless, I can't wait to visit during this time of year.

I’m also a little scared on the price of party tickets lol. I’m also wondering how early they will go on sale considering they are already advertising that it will be back.

Okay I’ll ask the first question!
If they stick with parties that same days of the week we have two choice!

do the party on our second full day . The ticket will most likely be cheaper, but then our “rest” day is only after 1 full day.

do party on our 5th full day and then have 1 more Park day after before heading home... ticket will most likely be more expensive.

This may sound a silly question but I don't know about the Halloween party and how it all works.

We are looking at trip to Disneyland around the 9th to 16th October if budget allows it. Hoping to get some cheaper airfares in the New Year sales.

Does the party start after hours when the park shuts and only those with tickets to the party stay on? or is it only tickets to the Halloween party allowed in the park that day?

Just wondering how this affects my ticket buying and park days.

This may sound a silly question but I don't know about the Halloween party and how it all works.

We are looking at trip to Disneyland around the 9th to 16th October if budget allows it. Hoping to get some cheaper airfares in the New Year sales.

Does the party start after hours when the park shuts and only those with tickets to the party stay on? or is it only tickets to the Halloween party allowed in the park that day?

Just wondering how this affects my ticket buying and park days.

It’s in California adventure and the park closes to non party guests. The expirence is only available with a party ticket. Usually the ticket also allows you to enter the park a few hours before it closes.

My AP expires 10/18/20 (side question, does that mean ON 10/18 I can get into the park and it's valid until close?) so I'm not sure I'll make it this year or not. I like going as late in October as possible to beat the heat, and this year was a little rough with some 90+ degree days. As much as I love Halloween time I'm thinking maybe of breaking my trip into two smaller ones (a quick 3 night stay to hit Universal Halloween Horror Nights and Knotts Scary Farm) and then maybe Disney in December.... hmmm

I really hope they make some changes to the party. I pretty much liked everything (except for the dance off, that seemed like a waste of space and resources). I hope they seriously consider adding a dessert party to the WOC show. It's such a long show that I would have REALLY enjoyed a seated option. Maybe it's ok for people in the park just for the Halloween event, but for someone that's been on their feet since ~9am that day, man you can't name a price for the seated option that I WON'T go for, lol.

I also hope they do something different for dinner package options for the parade. While I tend to agree that you don't NEED dinner package tickets for a good viewing location, again I would like to see a seated dessert option OR a late night dinner that took place during the parade. I think they can easily bring in an extra $70 to $100/person for these options...

My AP expires 10/18/20 (side question, does that mean ON 10/18 I can get into the park and it's valid until close?) so I'm not sure I'll make it this year or not. I like going as late in October as possible to beat the heat, and this year was a little rough with some 90+ degree days. As much as I love Halloween time I'm thinking maybe of breaking my trip into two smaller ones (a quick 3 night stay to hit Universal Halloween Horror Nights and Knotts Scary Farm) and then maybe Disney in December.... hmmm

I really hope they make some changes to the party. I pretty much liked everything (except for the dance off, that seemed like a waste of space and resources). I hope they seriously consider adding a dessert party to the WOC show. It's such a long show that I would have REALLY enjoyed a seated option. Maybe it's ok for people in the park just for the Halloween event, but for someone that's been on their feet since ~9am that day, man you can't name a price for the seated option that I WON'T go for, lol.

I also hope they do something different for dinner package options for the parade. While I tend to agree that you don't NEED dinner package tickets for a good viewing location, again I would like to see a seated dessert option OR a late night dinner that took place during the parade. I think they can easily bring in an extra $70 to $100/person for these options...

I would love a desert party for the Halloween world of color.

My three year old is obsessed with Jack and Sally and Oogie Boogie. She has an OB lovie and walks around the house singing “Cuz I’m an Oogie Boogie man.” So if I’m going to start saving for this early!!!!
We always aim to save double the cost of last year's ticket price. That way, we know we'll be able to take whatever increase Disney throws at us. And any extra can go toward party merchandise and treats.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter