Halloween Time Superthread 2020: Oogie's Back!! And Other Halloween Time Information -- Please Read Post 1! (OBB DATES CANCELLED 7/24/20)

Okay I’ll ask the first question!
If they stick with parties that same days of the week we have two choice!
I recommend with choosing what will be the most fun for you. It's a very special trip and not worth changing stuff to save a little money on the tickets if you'd rather go sooner. You know how you do with a trip like this. Plan your rest day in what makes the most sense to keep yourself in the most refreshed, relaxed state.

This may sound a silly question but I don't know about the Halloween party and how it all works.

We are looking at trip to Disneyland around the 9th to 16th October if budget allows it. Hoping to get some cheaper airfares in the New Year sales.

Does the party start after hours when the park shuts and only those with tickets to the party stay on? or is it only tickets to the Halloween party allowed in the park that day?

Just wondering how this affects my ticket buying and park days.

As the other user stated, mix-in starts a few hours early whereby you as an event ticket holder can enter a bit early (hours to be determined, it varies by party). If you wanted to be in DCA earlier in the day, you'd have to buy a separate ticket for entry. In the past, my group would opt to do other stuff during the morning (so not be in the parks) and then enter the park for the event early, during mix-in. Which may or may not be the way you want to approach it, depending on your group, but I will say it's a great time to try some of the character dining at the hotels and have a slow start (if that's your thing).

I'm excited for this! As usual, my birthday is around Canadian Thanksgiving, so I'll be heading out after my birthday for my annual Solo Trip, but I'm definitely going to get a ticket again. I wasn't expecting much from this year, but I really enjoyed myself! I loved the rare characters I got to interact with and the ToT Trails were awesome with the characters in them. I won't spend on the 'special' viewing area for the parade next year though.

I too would pay for a dessert option for the Villainous WoC show. I deliberately missed it because my feet were killing me.

Joining in! We are sailing out of San Diego on the Disney Wonder mid October so we may very well do a Halloween party before the cruise; even if we don't, friends of ours who we are sailing with definitely are going to do the party so I'll be passing all the info on to them as well (since they are not on the Disboards).

Bummed that it was confirmed an Oogie bash again I enjoyed MHP better. DCA sill needs to figure out a couple of kinks. I do wonder with the opening of the Avengers campus if they move it to Disneyland....

We are excited to do our first party this year. Family of 8 with 6 little kids ranging from 9.5 to what will be a newborn (2 months), Excited to follow this and get tips and tricks. A few questions?

While not announced yet, does anyone think that Disney will keep the party's on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Sundays? Do you think it will start Sep 15th?

What do you think park hours are going to be for Disneyland and DCA in mid to late Sep?

Looks like we are going to be coming for a week starting Halloween!!!! We did a party a few years ago in DL so we are excited to see how the party is in DCA.

Does CA get really busy during the day of a party? (Non party Guests going before they have to leave)
I’m wanting to book lunch at Lamplighters but don’t know whether to book for non party day or party day.

We get in on Oct 30th for our week so I'm keeping the Halloween party in mind. Looks like we'd have to go ON Halloween so not sure if everyone will want to spring for cost with it being actual holiday! We all LOVE Oogie Boogie tho so who knows. I'm excited to be back on the threads so I can be giddy everyday reading and planning from now through October! :figment:

Does CA get really busy during the day of a party? (Non party Guests going before they have to leave)
I’m wanting to book lunch at Lamplighters but don’t know whether to book for non party day or party day.

The only place where I noticed more people was the Coco show. To me it looked more like people were avoiding the park day of the party.

The overlap hours (when party guests are allowed in early) can get really busy, especially on BVS and around the big ticket rides, so be aware of the 3 hours pre-party start time. FPs can be very hard to get then, too, because MP comes with the party tickets. Once we got past the park entrance and into the further reaches of the park, we didn't really notice the increase in crowds that much.

So you all. I’m here to confess that I’m a traitor. Lol. After 3 trips to Disneyland and were planning Halloween 2020 at Disneyland, we found out there were some changes eligibility to stay at shades of green, the Disney world military resort and we are eligible now. And so before the government can changes its mind we are heading to WDW for the first time this fall...

disneyland will always be my first home

So you all. I’m here to confess that I’m a traitor. Lol. After 3 trips to Disneyland and were planning Halloween 2020 at Disneyland, we found out there were some changes eligibility to stay at shades of green, the Disney world military resort and we are eligible now. And so before the government can changes its mind we are heading to WDW for the first time this fall...

Hey, I totally hear you about getting in before the gov't. changes eligibility! Go for it and have a great trip! But we are going to hold you to posting a detailed trip report when you get back! It could be very helpful to lots of people here who might be thinking about making the jump to the other coast, but not sure that they can really do it. Your report could be just the thing to give them courage! :) (And we'll be here for when you plan your Halloween DLR trip in 2021, right?)

Was hoping it would be back at Disneyland this year. Oh well, may still have to go.

Wishing you and yours a great trip filled with lots of pixie dust!

Glad to see i'm not the only one already thinking about Halloween! Looking at a late October visit depending on work, for sure sometime during Halloween time! I hope they figure out something to do with Pixar pier this year!

eeek We are going to Disneyland Oct 11 - 19th 2020.. We are doing 5 day hoppers and a 6th day for the halloween party plus a day at universal somewhere in the mix.. SO with that being said I called to ask if I could be contacted when party tickets go on sale because we already have a reservation for hotel/Tickets for our trip and it was a no go.. So a few questions..
1) when should I start looking for Halloween party tickets? We will want a mid week party day preferably early in the week so my kids can snack on all the candy ect during our trip..
2)What day would be best? its the same party every night that it runs correct (Unlike nighttime shows that sometimes only run on weekends)
3) Best way for 7 people to get from Camelot inn to Universal.. Uber/Lyft says 6 riders besides 2 ride share vehicles what other options are there that are cost effective?

You guys are awesome. Thanks in advance

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter