• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Halloween?

DisneyPinTraders

Earning My Ears
Leaving Delaware on October 25, 2002 - will be staying at FW for 2 weeks. Is anyone else planning a trip to FW at this time? This is our third trip to FW and we are going to go to "Mickey's not so scary halloween party" on 10/31/02 for the first time, any suggestions?
Mike, Denise, three girls 8, 11 and 13.
:earsboy: :earsgirl:

We won't be there this year for halloween, but we attended last years' MNSSHP. It was really a lot of fun. We all dressed up (which is a must), but the particular evening that we attended it drizzled almost all night and it was about 85 degrees. My advice: choose your costume carefully, as you could potentially get VERY warm! Also, any hair dye or other stuff that you spray on could just ooze off. My 13 year old daughter went as Snow White last year and thought it would be great to put a temporary black dye on her hair for the occasion. Although she looked fantastic when she initially got dressed, need I describe what she looked like at the end of the night? She looked more like some kind of nasty villain after that dye ran down her face, neck and on the back of her dress! LOL

We will be at FW this year for Halloween, too!!!!

I have heard that the campfire program is really neat on Halloween night.

Does anyone know if there is any trick-or-treating done at the campground or maybe at Downtown Disney?

Halloween at the campground is great. They have a pumpkin carving contest. They have a costume contest for the kids at the movie and the headless horseman will come and drop off a bag of candy for Chip and Dale to give out. It is so much fun.

Last year we didn't stay for halloween but was there the weekend before and about froze our butts off. I one thing you have to remember about Florida. If you don 't like the weather wait a few minutes because it will change. You don't know if it will be cold or hot until that day. And then sometimes you have to wait even then

Camping Queen............

Is the carving contest, costume contest and treats from CHip and Dale just on Halloween night or do they do it for a few nights during that time??? We only ask because for Halloween night we have tickets to the MNSSHP and would like to check out other activities at the campground on other nights...

Thanks
Mike and Denise :earsboy: :earsgirl:
Nicole, Kimmy and Connie :earsgirl: :earsgirl: :earsgirl:

No this is only on halloween night. The pumpkins are made available during the afternoon. And the judging is done by chip and dale. All the activities are done before the movie.

If you can go it is SO much fun

HI Campingqueen,

I hate to beat this to death but can you tell me more about these events like
where? when? and so you need to be staying onsite to do this? We have ressies but I have been considering cancelling and just doing the MNSSHP on the 31st. But this sounds so cute I may like to make a day of it. SO does soem of this take place before 7:00pm?

Thanks for all the info, I had called Fort Wilderness and they told me all they were doing is a hayride but what your saying sounds so much better.

Thanks
Gone Disney

I loved it. We did it 2 years in a row. Now the kids want to be home to trick or treat with their friends so we go up the week before. No you don't have to be staying at the campground. To do the pumpkin carving contest they have pumpkins or you can use your own. The costume contest is open to all kids under 12 don't quote me on that age though ours were 8 & 9 so I didn't pay attention to that. As for the pumpkin carving contest the place 1-3 and there are some nice prizes. They are all from the store I think we got a ft wilderness mat & Mug for coming in 2nd. It really is alot of fun and they show a holloween movie that night. But what ever you do DON'T miss the hayride. It is more fun then I can explaine. I won't give all the details away because that is part of the fun. They have done the same one the last 2 years and it is a must on our list this year

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter