Halloween

smeecanada

DIS Veteran
At DL and WDW they have special event tickets for Halloween and close the park early.

Planning a trip to Tokyo DL and Seas at the end of September and I understand Halloween decorations will be up by then. Unable to see the event calendar this far in advance, so wondering if any knows if they will have special event closures that will affect our time in the parks. Visiting SEP 22 - 24.

Last edited:
At DL and WDW they have special event tickets for Halloween and close the park early.

Planning a trip to Tokyo DL and Seas at the end of September and I understand Halloween decorations will be up by then. Unable to see the even calendar this far in advance, so wondering if any knows if they will have special event closures that will affect our time in the parks. Visiting SEP 22 - 24.

The only hard ticket Tokyo Disney does is for New Year's Eve. The rest of the special events is included in your daily admission and part of the regular park hours.

I went last year in September and had the chance to check out the Halloween fun. They ran the Halloween parade twice during the day at Tokyo Disneyland, the regular afternoon parade and the Tokyo Disney Electrical Parade Dreamlights at night. Expect to have a constant flow of entertainment at the park, similar to how WDW and DL used to do it before parties took over.

At Tokyo DisneySea, they had villain meet and greets at the entrance of the park during the day and a special daytime show in the Mediterranean Harbor. That show was amazing and I had the chance to meet Captain Hook, Gideon (Pinnochio's villain cat), the evil witch and Captain Jack Sparrow. The longest meet and greet wait will be for Duffy and his friends.

Food and special merchandise is a huge part of the events there. Later this summer, the japanese website will post the special restaurant menus for Halloween.

Edit:

I just checked the crowd calendar for your dates and heavy crowds are expected at both parks.

Second edit:

I just checked the temporary closures during your trip and I am sad to report that Journey to the Center of the Earth will be closed. Over at Tokyo Disneyland, Jungle Cruise will close on September 23, so if you want to ride it, do so on the 22nd.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the info. Glad that there will be no early closures. Unfortunately, we are quite constricted by dates. Our cruise ends on the 22nd and we need to be back home at some point that week for work commitments. We have dealt with DL and WDW on heavy crowd days - so we'll be okay with it. I had read about the Center of the Earth being closed, but not the Jungle Cruise.

Thankfully, no little ones in tow anymore so Character meet and greets are not a huge priority - I'm quite okay of capturing a pic of the character when people are switching off. Don't really see the fuss about Duffy - I think it's pretty well ended in the USA hasn't it. We have done a Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party at WDW about 10 years ago - so it will be nice to compare the decorations/meet and greets / parades.

The Halloween event starts Sept 10 this year. It does rain in September so be prepared for that. If it happens to rain on the 21s or 22nd and happens to be clear weather the day after, there's a chance of a park getting capacity restricted. Not a problem if you stay in a Disney hotel but it can be an issue if you stay offsite and don't get into the park before the restriction starts.

TDR doesn't close stuff for hard ticket or private events.

The Halloween characters are roaming so it's much easier than a proper Meet & Greet.

It's a 3 day weekend (Monday is a holiday). Rugby should have little impact compared to the holiday.
Okay - unfortunately it's our only option for days - I thought maybe it was something like that but was unable to locate any confirmation. We depart the cruise on the morning of the 22nd and have to head back to Canada on the 25th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts