Hallween Party Worth It? If So...If so, any pointers?

Typemesomething

Earning My Ears
Hello Campers,

We're headed back this year and although we normally trek out to WDW during the Christmas Holiday Season, this year we've decided to venture during Halloween.

First...Has anyone been to Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party at MK? If so is it worth it?

Our reservations are set for a Dinner package at the Liberty Tree Tavern on that day.

Also...

Anyone recommend MaMa Melrose's Ristorante Italiano for the Fantasmic Dinner Package...or?

Ooohh!! One More...How 'bout Polynesian Luau and/or Chef Mickey

As always, any and all opinions and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Looking forward to any take on any place.

Thanks.

Take care,
Anthony,
'=^)

There is a link from the Theme Park Attractions and Strategies board.
Not sure how to link it here!:confused:
But check it out.....it is at the top of the page.:D

I have never been to MNSSHP but we have tickets for Oct 11!!:Pinkbounc

Right now we can't decide on either 5:00 PS at Tony's or 6:40 PS at LTT (character dinner).

What time is your PS at LTT??

Cool, thanks for your reply and you'll have to let me know how it went.

I'm headed to the MNSSHP on 10/31

My PS for LTT is about 7:40pm

Take care,
'=^)

you should have a blast! Especially since it's Halloween night :)

I've seen lots of kids and adults dress up--great fun.

Enjoy!

Cindyfan,
Let me know if you cancel your Tony's PS. I tried to get Tony's for Oct. 11 and the earliest available was 8:40! I got CRT for 5:15, but have eaten there before and wanted to try somewhere new. Thanks!

We attended MNSSHP in 2000 on the 31st and are returning this year to attend on the 27th....It is definately worth the money in my opinion.....Our entire family dresses up...I think it adds to the experience...About 20% of the adults and 90% of kids dress up

There are lots of things to see and do....parades, parades of kids to participate in, a free picture, fireworks, trick or treating....

It is wonderfulll

:D Yes I agree, it is definitely worth the money.
It is like an E Ride Night but all dressed up for
Halloween with a parade and fireworks. We went last year and had a great time! We went on BTMRR
with no wait! We are going again this year on Oct. 25. You will love it. :jester:

And it's nice the way that they even do a 'special' fireworks display for the party... lots of orange! Plus you will have fun just seeing everyone all dressed up.

Tons of families dressed as Cruella with dalmations (one cute family had the adults dressed as dalmations with little 4 yr old girl as Cruella), lots of POOH & Friends and we saw a very cute family dressed up as with the parents as Capt. Hook and Wendy with kids as Peter, Tink and Smee last year. It was great!:D

We are going to the MNSSHP for the first time this year (Oct. 27). I haven't heard or seen a bad review of this party.

P.S. Typemesomething - I was born in Riverdale.

Here is my review from last years trip...I loved that party!

I can’t believe we have been here for 5 days so far. Seems like we just got here, yet the real world seems like it is so far away. WOOHOO!!!

Tonight is MNSSHP!!! We have been looking forward to this for what seems like forever. We have a built in calendar (DS Drew) that has been reminding us how long until the party. After coming off the rides or out of shows we’d ask how the kids liked the show.

After The Lion king show: “That was great how did you guys like it?”

Sara: “Good!”
Anthony: “That was great! I loved it when they…. (5 minutes later)…and the other thing too!”
Drew skipping and twirling down a pathway: “Cool, cool (giggle laugh)...3 more days until Halloween!!”

… and so it is finally the big day but, we have to wait until 5:00 to dress. We head off to MK to get a jump on some of the rides. We probably won’t have a chance to hit them all tonight since we heard that the park was very busy and that the lines were long during the party.

As some may recall I had 3 extra adult tickets for the party. I tried to post them here but I forgot that you couldn’t sell stuff on the DIS boards (oops). I went to guest services at the Poly and let them know that I had the tix and if another guest needed them they could call me. I let them know I wasn’t trying to scalp them and would take a loss just to allow someone else to go (I was selling them for $25 a pc instead of the $27.?? I paid). The whole time I was talking to an older CM a younger one was giving me the evil eye. I figured that they couldn’t offer to help sell the tix but every time I said “If you can let others know I have them for sale” they didn’t say that there was a problem. After I get back to the room we get a phone call from a CM who says she would love to buy the tickets and that she would be working the day the party. Great I’d see her then. Tickets sold!!

We drop off the tickets on our way to get coffee and on to MK!! We decided to hit the rides that we might not get to during the party. We rode: the Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, BTMR, Tom Sawyer Island, Country Bear Jamboree, OK, OK you get the idea. We hit just about every major ride in MK. Most were walk-ons some were a 10 minute wait.

We were determined that no matter what we had to get back to the Poly by 2:00 in order to hit the pool to cool off and relax before going to the party. Just as planned we made back by 4:00. So we hit the pool headed back to the room and got dressed. Please put on your visualization glasses on for the next sequence!

NEW CAST: DW transforms into Dr. Mom
DS Anthony is now Sully from the yet to be released (at that time) Monsters Inc.
DS Drew is Mushu from Moulon
DD Sara is, of course, Snow white
I am now dressed as Winnie the Pooh, it’s a homemade costume, yellow/brown sweat pants and shirt, red t-shirt and Pooh ears…. picture will be posted as soon as I get them back.

It just happens to be the hottest evening of our trip and we are all wishing that we had attended an earlier party when the temps were in the high 50’s instead of the present 124 degrees it must have been. Here my DS’s were wearing full-length fur coats and their dad wearing an outfit you’d wear to the Hundred Acre Wood homecoming.

Leaving our room, well let’s just say it was entertaining. Every person I passed on the way to the monorail would see the kids first then look at me and start to grin. I would just say: “Please wait to laugh until I have passed…please give Pooh his dignity” then they would giggle or laugh. I guess no one is used to Pooh saying “aloha” to him or her.

As we approached MK I noticed that it had taken on a different look for Halloween. With large pumpkin balloons in the air and some scary music in the background it was truly great looking. The Town Square had pumpkins and hay bales in the center with black and orange balloons floating everywhere it was quite the sight.

Even though we made it back to our room 2 hrs late we got to the LTT for our PS’s (at 6:20) by 5:50. We were seated at 6:00 and were immediately greeted by Goofy. He loved the kid’s costumes and laughed his butt off when he saw me. We pretty much got the same reaction from all of the characters. Pluto, Minnie, Donald and Chip and dale were there as well. Great interaction with the characters!! It also seemed to me that because the kids were wearing Disney costumes they got a lot of attention from characters and CM’s. I am not saying that others didn’t get any it just seemed as my kids got a lot. Seems like the LTT was not too busy. I was thinking that they must have had quite a few cancellations. When we walked outside it looked like we had walked into a different world. It had gone dark between the time we entered and exited the LTT. The lighting had changed and more balloons and decorations had gone up. The huge pumpkin balloons were lit up and the Mickey head was now disguised as a ghost (oooh scary).

We had our complimentary picture taken and then started looking for candy!! Boy what could be better than being at WDW and going trick-or-treating? We went on some more rides, none of which had waits longer than 5 minutes, and generally did some sightseeing. One of the highlights of the evening was when I came across a gentleman wearing a homemade Tigger costume. I scream “Tigger”, he screams “Pooh” and a jog over to him, in the process I forget that I am pushing my DD in the stroller and let the stroller go. She starts rolling downhill (for only a few feet) and my DW catches her. The crowd (including my ever agile wife) thinks it is funny. Tigger asks if I have seen any other friends of ours and I think to myself “this guy has lost it, he thinks I’m one of his buddies”. So I say “who” and Tigger says “Eeyore or Piglet”? I am such a schmutz. “No I haven’t but I’m still looking” About 20 feet later I see another Tigger and Eeyore. I yell over and wave. They both look at me half wave and give me the look that says “What a wacko”. Oh well, some people are more fun than others. We then took in the parade. The ride of the headless horseman was very cool but we were so far down the Parade root that it barely seemed as though the Parade and the ride were connected. The parade was excellent!! And the kids loved it. The music before the parade was SCARY!! My 7 yr old son works himself up into an almost terrified state sometimes. If we had been closer to the beginning of the parade nothing would have bothered him.

The fireworks display was awesome. The fireworks encircled the entire park! That was a great change considering that some must get used to the fireworks after seeing some sort of display on every night of your stay.

Here is a brief summery of our day:

23 rides, many more than once
2 shows
2 parades
1 fireworks display
2 meals, LTT and Pecos Bill Café
Lots of candy!!

Only the Extraterrestrial had a wait longer than 10 minutes and that was because we got in line just after the show started, otherwise it was a walk on. Same for Bear Jamboree. Buzz’s Spin was a walk on every time (299,800 top score for me). Every ride in Fantasyland was a 1 or 2-minute wait. Every other ride was less than 10 minutes.

LOL!
We are going to MNSSHP Oct 11, and have two PS' too. Which is something I have never done before.
I have a 5:30 pm PS at Kona Cafe and one at LTT for 6:25.
We will not be arriving until afternoon that day. I am figuring we won't be in the room until 4:00 pm.
If 5:30 is too early, I will cancel that.
And like many, I am hoping to be able to get the two of us in at LTT a little earlier than 6:25. But I think everyone will be waning to be there at the same time.
The good side is at LTT, they can get guests in and out pretty fast. And I am sure they will as busy and they know guests want to be on their way.
I probably won't know which PS to cancel right up until the day we arrive.
The PS at Kona is for four, and the other couple said they probably will not be able to make it afterall. Anyone want to join us, since there is only DH & I? Table for four -- and there is just the two of us --- And if DH and I can't make it, you still have a table.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter