Hampton Inn Cocoa Beach

I say that because we stay at Hampton Inns a lot. They are all basically the same. We were well satisfied with this one but did find some Fruit Loops around the bed the next morning that were not ours. I mentioned this at the desk just so they would know and could get it cleaned up. They wouldn't charge me for the night we were there because the room was dirty.
We did not use the pool but it seemed quite clean. There is a boardwalk leading to the beach, about a 100 yards away. There is a Shoneys just in front on the hotel that was OK. We were too tired to go look for food. Besides we knew we had a weeks worth of food coming up on the cruise.
They have an exercise room, free continental breakfast and internet service in the lobby.
Last May it was supposed to be $99 for the night. We found that to be about par for this area on a Friday night.
We plan to stay there this Sept. when we return.

My Hubby and I have also stayed at Hampton Inn in Cocoa Beach twice. We were pleased with the room and hotel apperance. The pool was clean and not too crowded when we were there. They also have a free continental Breakfast. Cereal, bagels, instant hot cereals, danishes, juices, milk, and coffee.We paid $89.00 for a king bed room. We found a special online at
www.space-coast.com

Originally posted by ruvidu

They wouldn't charge me for the night we were there because the room was dirty.
Nice to know they honor their 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.

There is a Shoneys just in front on the hotel that was OK.
The Shoney's has gone out of business.

I just booked this hotel for a one night stay in Sept. before our cruise. We are staying free using our points earned through the Hilton HHonors Club http://hiltonhhonors.com/. I use their credit card to pay for large $ purchases such as cruises and earn points to in turn stay for free. It's a good deal if you keep your balance paid off.
Dave, I just drove by this Shoney's this past Wed. and did not notice if it were open or closed. Of course it looked closed last year when we ate there. The Space Coast is the most restaurant deficient area we have ever visited. If someone knows of a good place to eat real seafood in the area we would love to hear it.

We have stayed there twice in the last two years before our cruises. Hotel was very clean, so was the pool area. It opened in Feb. 2000 so is still fairly new.

We would stay there again before our next cruise.

Originally posted by ruvidu

If someone knows of a good place to eat real seafood in the area we would love to hear it.

My vote is for the Sunset Cafe, on SR-520, just off A1A, overlooking the Banana River. It's right next door to Florida's Seafood, a popular choice for locals.

And then there's two restaurants overlooking the port channel. You can find all four of these on my Space Coast Business Locater map.

www.dcltribute.com/spacecoast

Further to this (and I know Dave will know the answer!). Are the Hampton Inn and the Hilton in Cocoa Beach both close to the National car rental site. I have had a cost of $85 for a room with 2 double beds and breakfast and round trip to port.
We can get a better deal with National than Avis which is why we are looking at this option - and also the Radisson seems to be fully booked for the evening of the 25th Oct.

ANy info would be great.

Thanks

Lorraine

National's Cocoa Beach location is within easy walking distance of the Hilton (about a block). It's would be a longer walk from the Hampton Inn (about a half-mile along a busy highway).

Hello all,
FYI - Shoney's closed down about 4 months ago - after 9-11 the roads were closed down on A1A for almost 4 months hurting many businesses - Shoney's, unfortunalty, was one of them - the closest is Denny's about one mile South but the hotel does offer excellent food -
Have a wonderful cruise - PS you are surrounded by a number of close stops for just about anything you may need.
always
Shirley

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts