Handicapped rooms in US

SpiffyStuff

Earning My Ears
I thought about booking the Disneyland ABD until I called to ask about handicapped hotel rooms and they said they could not guarantee handicapped hotel rooms. I am so disappointed in Disney and sad that I cannot go on this tour. Has anybody been able to book handicapped rooms in the US?

They said they could “request” a handicapped room but not guarantee it. I guess it is like all the other customer service call centers where they do not know what they are talking about, sigh. The price has jumped up and it out of reach for this year, may be next year. Thanks for the info.

They said they could “request” a handicapped room but not guarantee it. I guess it is like all the other customer service call centers where they do not know what they are talking about, sigh. The price has jumped up and it out of reach for this year, may be next year. Thanks for the info.
ABD only has a certain block of rooms allocated to them for each departure. They have to negotiate with the hotel to get any variations from that, so they cannot "guarantee" that they will be able to get you a handicapped room. It all depends on the hotel and availability. They will attempt to do so, but they won't guarantee it because they just don't know.

Sayhello

Last edited:
There is some misinformation here and some wording that is confusing.

ABD has a contract for rooms. They do not have a hold on specific rooms.

An ADA compliant room is a request that must be approved through both hotels.

The hotel has to make sure that the particular room type is available for these dates.

This can take a couple of days.

Once ABD receives approval from the hotels that the type of room is available, the room is then guaranteed.

Last edited:

There is some misinformation here and some wording that is confusing.

ABD has a contract for rooms. They do not have a hold on specific rooms.

An ADA compliant room is a request that must be approved through both hotels.

The hotel has to make sure that the particular room type is available for these dates.

This can take a couple of days.

Once ABD receives approval from the hotels that the type of room is available, the room is then guaranteed.

Do you know if that guarantee is finalized before any money is lost to the guest making the reservation?

Do you also know if and what back-ups are in place if during the trip the guaranteed accessible room is not provided as was guaranteed?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!