Handwritten ticket code from guest services...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow02

Earning My Ears
Has anyone ever used a handwritten ticket code for admission given to them by Guest Services for the next visit? Due to some unforeseen circumstances/issues, last time we were at MK we received a code that is supposed to be good for 2 tickets to MK. We also have 2 physical tickets, so all 4 of us can go. I know I need to go to Guest Services when we get there to redeem, but wondering if anyone else has had this happen and how Guest Services handled it, especially with Fast Passes (which I can only reserve for the 2 actual tickets). Hope this makes sense!

Has anyone ever used a handwritten ticket code for admission given to them by Guest Services for the next visit? Due to some unforeseen circumstances/issues, last time we were at MK we received a code that is supposed to be good for 2 tickets to MK. We also have 2 physical tickets, so all 4 of us can go. I know I need to go to Guest Services when we get there to redeem, but wondering if anyone else has had this happen and how Guest Services handled it, especially with Fast Passes (which I can only reserve for the 2 actual tickets). Hope this makes sense!

I am going to guess that what you were actually given is a Case File ID # as reference for Guest Relations to issue the tickets.

GR tried to do the same to me when 2 of our passes were mistakenly used instead of our APs. I politely declined and asked that the passes be given as hard passes.

I am going to guess that what you were actually given is a Case File ID # as reference for Guest Relations to issue the tickets.

GR tried to do the same to me when 2 of our passes were mistakenly used instead of our APs. I politely declined and asked that the passes be given as hard passes.

I wish we would have requested this. At the time I was just relieved to get the 2 passes- now it’s going to be a headache when we get there I think.

I will never trust anything hand written from any cast member at Disney. September 2017 we were staying at the Contemporary when Irma hit. We were there 3 days before and 6 days after. We decided to book one more night to use up 1 day of our 2 days of tickets we didn't use due to the parks being closed. Sunday morning they had us check out and then check in and it closed out our dining plan. We had 12 TS and 12 QS meals left and a ton of snack credits and they were gone when we tried to use them. We got hand written and a printed copy of our credits but no one would take them. It was a nightmare and we ended up leaving that evening instead of staying one more night.

This happened to me a few years ago and that's what they did for us. It took quite a long time for me to get the code, so i didn't push it to get an actual pass. IIRC I did try, but got excuse after excuse as to why they couldn't so I finally accepted the code. Now I wish I had insisted more. It didn't make sense to me even then - I guess I can *kind of* see why they couldn't just put the day back on my NE ticket (not really, but whatever), but I didn't understand at all why it had to be this code instead of an actual ticket. I still have it, but I am really paranoid I'll lose it or I'll go to GS some day and they won't even know what I mean. I hadn't even thought about the FP issue (meaning we can't get them with that ticket since we won't have a ticket until we show up)!

I have one of these had written codes from guest services we got a few years ago from a rained out Halloween party. It’s supposed to be for a 1 day 1 park ticket for any park. But I am also worried about the redemption process and fastpasses. They offered at the time for a entry to a different party night but we were leaving before next party. I would be curious how long the ticket would be good for after redeeming it. Maybe redeem early to book FP, but the logistics of doing this sounds difficult. Thought about trying to use it on a day after our cruise in November but not 100% on that yet. Would love to hear how the redemption process works as I also had concerns they would look at me like I had 2 heads when I took it to guest services.

We had gotten comped 1 day passes several years ago and when we went to use them, couldn’t find them. Disney was nice enough to replace them and gave us a code to use at guest services. We did with no problems.

How do you make Fastpasses in advance when you have an access code rather than a ticket in your My Disney Experience account?

You don't.
Thanks for everyone’s input.

So you can’t book FP on them, at least not ahead of time. I have 2 physical tickets, for which we have FP times reserved. Then I have a code for 2 tickets. I am hoping that 1) GS takes the code with no issue and 2) they work some Disney magic and help me get FP at the same time as the ones I already have. I am hoping to go to GS the day or two before we go to the actual park and use it. Ugh!

So you can’t book FP on them, at least not ahead of time. I have 2 physical tickets, for which we have FP times reserved. Then I have a code for 2 tickets. I am hoping that 1) GS takes the code with no issue and 2) they work some Disney magic and help me get FP at the same time as the ones I already have. I am hoping to go to GS the day or two before we go to the actual park and use it. Ugh!
that sounds like the best plan I can think of! Good luck and let us know, since I have one of those codes that I imagine we'll use someday when we don't get longer passes or APs.

I have one of these had written codes from guest services we got a few years ago from a rained out Halloween party. It’s supposed to be for a 1 day 1 park ticket for any park. But I am also worried about the redemption process and fastpasses. They offered at the time for a entry to a different party night but we were leaving before next party. I would be curious how long the ticket would be good for after redeeming it. Maybe redeem early to book FP, but the logistics of doing this sounds difficult. Thought about trying to use it on a day after our cruise in November but not 100% on that yet. Would love to hear how the redemption process works as I also had concerns they would look at me like I had 2 heads when I took it to guest services.

The redemption process is: when you are ready to access your comp tickets, GR will issue them on demand/onsite via the ID reference code. I am going to assume that once those tickets are linked/carded, you will given a same-day expiration date.

This process stinks for FP+, but (my guess) prohibits guests from selling comp tickets.

Guest Relations is who you speak to onsite. They may be able to help you with additional FPs. The FPs are typically issued (linked) as a Multiple Experiences Fast Pass, but this doesn’t mean it will cover all rides.

Another option is to explain your situation to a FP CM. Sometimes they will allow last minute guests through, at their discretion.

However, I would first call Guest Services ‭(407) 824-3200‬ and ask if they are able to link the tickets for FP+ purposes. Just know that the expiration date may be on the date you actually need to use them.

If they can't make FPs work at guest relations, also ask at the attractions themselves. Just explain the situation, we had an issue where a couple members of our party couldn't get added to FPs because we had two different CMs signing our group in and each CM could only book 4 days worth of FPs on their guest passes, so we decided the best bet was to have each one book a different set of days, as we thought the chances of everyone always going would be slim. Well it happened more than expected, so we asked and never once did we have an issue, even at Navi. I could see there being an issue at SDD or FOP though, but you never know unless you ask.

Just an update to this post that we did not end up trying to use the code because our plans changed to go to a funeral, so we had to cut our vacation short by a few days. However, we were able to stop at customer service in Disney springs, and after some conversation we were able to get actual tickets versus having the code. I still have to log into my Disney account to make sure they look correct however hopefully this will avoid the code situation and the fast pass situation for our next trip

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter