? Hanname ( DVC Members) anyone going to DL on points, points were more then ...

wdwstar

DIS Veteran
? Hanname ( DVC Members) anyone going to DL on points, i called MS and i was quoted more points staying at the disneyland hotel then it is quoted in the DVC planner. i though a few weeks ago members were posting that DVC lowered the points, ok i know i want to go next Easter and i know its high season and i did ask for standard view, by the way MS said they only have 3 catagories now, standard view, premuim view and concerige. i was told 32 points per night sunday thru fri, standard view, DLH.
was any Hanname quoted a different points amount? :flower:

Hanname to you to- I have ressies for this July for DLH SV at 29 points a night. That was after the points required were lowered. I wanted two more nights but they were unavailable. Maybe I will call back today.

ok, july is peak season according to the DVC planner and that would be 30 points SV sunday thru thurs. let me know if you call back today & what happened :flower:

all I can say is that I am using more points for a little hotel room at GCH ( July 4th week) than a grand villa at OKW.. :confused3

I got an email today, stating that the point cost for the DisneyLand hotel had dropped.
I looked, and the cost (at least compared to the cash cost I was used to paying in the past) didn't look too bad.
The location is good, an easy walk to two parks plus the downtown Disney district.

I already have reservations at the Marriott in June, and am not likely to change them at this time.
But I might make a trip back to DL, in about 9 months, if the annual pass discount is enough to entice me.

The email I got also said something about a discount on a DisneyLand annual pass for DVC members, but did not say how much.

this is the part of the email i recieved yesterday :

Enjoy the place that started it all
The world is celebrating the golden anniversary of the Disneyland® Resort in California with the Happiest Celebration On Earth, and Disney Vacation Club is making it easier than ever for Members to enjoy Walt Disney's original Theme Park.

As part of the celebration—known in California as the Happiest Homecoming On Earth—Members may enjoy reduced Reservation Point requirements at the Disneyland Hotel for reservations from May 5, 2005, through Dec. 31, 2006.

Member Services has contacted Members who already have reservations for stays at the Disneyland Hotel between those dates to let them know how Disney Vacation Club has adjusted their reservations to reflect the new Reservation Points.

Disney Vacation Club also has established a variety of Member perks at the Disneyland Resort, from dining, merchandise and entertainment discounts to savings on Disneyland Resort Annual Passports. Watch for details soon in the Member Perks section of www.dvcmember.com.

And to help Members enjoy the Golden State beyond Anaheim, Disney Vacation Club has expanded its Concierge Collection to include additional California destinations. (See story below.)

Watch Vacation Magic for continuing coverage of Disneyland Resort and Southern California vacation experiences throughout the Happiest Homecoming On Earth.

Now that i look in the 2005 & 2006 planner the time i am going, the points were 42 a night, now they are 32.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter