Happy National Engineers Week!

JaxDad

DIS Veteran
Shockingly, I don't believe anybody has posted this yet! National Engineers Week is 21-27 February 2016.

We have several functions planned locally, including an Engineers Week Career Day. We host 250-300 local high school students split into teams competing to solve hands-on engineering problems. They have lunch with professional engineers sitting at each table, plus a guest speaker, and booths with local engineering firms. It's always a big success.

And, in closing, a few (clean) engineer jokes for you:

How do you tell when an engineer is an extrovert? He looks at YOUR shoes when he talks to you!

A pessimist says a glass is half empty. An optimist says it's half full. An engineer says the glass is twice as big as it needs to be!

Most people say if it ain't broke don't fix it. An engineer says it just doesn't have enough features!

Enjoy the week! Celebrate as you deem appropriate...

Who knew? ;)

I'll share these with my son. He's just over a year shy of getting his Chemical Engineering degree. :)

Last edited:
Here's another he might like:

An engineer sees another engineer riding a new bike. He asks, "Hey, where did you get the bike?"
"Well, I was sitting in the park, and a beautiful woman rode up on the bike, took off all her clothes, and said 'Take what you want.'"
"Good choice," said the first engineer, "The clothes probably wouldn't have fit."

Last edited:
:rotfl:LOL.

I just texted to wish him Happy Engineer's Week and told him they should have closed school (It's an engineering school). He said with several big exams this week, it's sort of the exact opposite.

Maybe the jokes will get him through. :)

Shockingly, I don't believe anybody has posted this yet! National Engineers Week is 21-27 February 2016.

We have several functions planned locally, including an Engineers Week Career Day. We host 250-300 local high school students split into teams competing to solve hands-on engineering problems. They have lunch with professional engineers sitting at each table, plus a guest speaker, and booths with local engineering firms. It's always a big success.

And, in closing, a few (clean) engineer jokes for you:

How do you tell when an engineer is an extrovert? He looks at YOUR shoes when he talks to you!

A pessimist says a glass is half empty. An optimist says it's half full. An engineer says the glass is twice as big as it needs to be!

Most people say if it ain't broke don't fix it. An engineer says it just doesn't have enough features!

Enjoy the week! Celebrate as you deem appropriate...

and don't forget "paralysis by analysis", lol.....we call DH out on that one all the time...and just his moon man talk in general. He married me, an artist :artist: It's fun around here sometimes ;)
images

Last edited:
When I saw this posted yesterday I asked my son (December '15 Engineering graduate who is in his first "real" job) if there is anything special going on where he works, he said they are having lunch catered all week by various local restaurants. He is very excited to be recognized after 4 1/2 long, hard years. I will share these jokes with him. I'm sure he has heard them. He was destined to be an engineer from age 2 when he insisted on taking apart and rebuilding everything!

This is actually a favorite, but since I am also a manager it cuts both ways:

A man in a hot air balloon realized he was lost. He reduced altitude and spotted a woman below. He descended a bit more and shouted, "Excuse me, can you help me? I promised a friend I would meet him an hour ago, but I don't know where I am."

The woman below replied, "You're in a hot air balloon hovering approximately 30 feet above the ground. You're between 40 and 41 degrees north latitude and between 59 and 60 degrees west longitude."

"You must be an engineer," said the balloonist. "I am," replied the woman, "How did you know?"

"Well," answered the balloonist, "everything you told me is technically correct, but I've no idea what to make of your information, and the fact is I'm still lost. Frankly, you've not been much help at all. If anything, you've delayed my trip."

The woman below responded, "You must be in Management." "I am," replied the balloonist, "but how did you know?"

"Well," said the woman, "you don't know where you are or where you're going. You have risen to where you are due to a large quantity of hot air. You made a promise which you've no idea how to keep, and you expect people beneath you to solve your problems. The fact is you are in exactly the same position you were in before we met, but now, somehow, it's my fault."

I love engineer's week, we usually get cakes/various treats brought in at work (I work for an engineering firm and my DH is an engineer). Pi day is a lot of fun here, too :)

Our daughter is a chemical engineer and we love this graphic:

qD6bPGW.jpg

I never knew we had a whole week! I'm happy to be out of Engineering. When I was with Dart Container I was the best Tooling Design Engineer that they had. But they began putting more emphasis on procedure rather that results. I couldn't work off a checklist. My thought process was circular rather than linear, if that makes any sense. I had to quit.

wow we get a topic. Licensed Structural engineer starting to try to retire after 42 years, always busy. It's been a good career choice

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter