Happy Thursday to me! So how was your commute?

Sorry for the situation, love the reference!
Thanks for your "warm wishes". :wave2: We'll get through it - we always do. A spell like this is inevitable every year. I confess to just being whiny and ungracious because I'm frazzled and exhausted. I run the warranty department for a large home-building company and we offer 24-hour emergency service. Our on-call roster rotates and yep - fate has me "on" this week. I'm fielding literally dozens of calls a night for frozen furnaces and hot water tanks. I haven't slept soundly in days. Still, I shouldn't complain - I'm not the one that has to actually go out and solve the problems. That trauma falls on the shoulders of my Warranty Technicians and our plumbing and HVAC contractors. Those guys are saints. :littleangel:

And today, my full sympathy lies with Canadians 2,000 miles to the east. Here's what they're dealing with:
https://www.theweathernetwork.com/c...and-declares-state-of-emergency-amid-blizzard

Last edited:
Thanks - we're almost through it. A Chinook is forecast for Tuesday - by noon it will be +10! Even right now it's a little better. Only -26C in the sun! :beach: I do feel bad for the Newfies. :eek: That's Snowmageddon coming right at them. You're going to have to try a little harder to get sympathy out of me for the left-coasters though. ;)

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/cana...ood-very-cold-week/ar-BBZ1WgH?ocid=spartanntp
So sad to share that I lost a cousin in the storm. He lived in Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. Apparently, he had to go out to secure a door. When he came back in he collapsed on the kitchen floor. :(

So sad to share that I lost a cousin in the storm. He lived in Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. Apparently, he had to go out to secure a door. When he came back in he collapsed on the kitchen floor. :(
:scared1: Oh I am so sorry to hear it, Jane - what a tragedy. I'm presuming it was a cardiac event of some kind? People underestimate how much strain the cold temperatures and trudging through snow physically puts on one, and how difficult it can be for first responders to arrive promptly. Minutes count in these situations. My condolences to your family.

:scared1: Oh I am so sorry to hear it, Jane - what a tragedy. I'm presuming it was a cardiac event of some kind? People underestimate how much strain the cold temperatures and trudging through snow physically puts on one, and how difficult it can be for first responders to arrive promptly. Minutes count in these situations. My condolences to your family.
The thing that bothers us the most is that his wife was alone with him, and no responders were able to get there. At least he did get back to the house, and she didn't have to feel compelled to go out there to try to find him. Otherwise who knows, what may have happened. :(

The thing that bothers us the most is that his wife was alone with him, and no responders were able to get there. At least he did get back to the house, and she didn't have to feel compelled to go out there to try to find him. Otherwise who knows, what may have happened. :(
All the much sadder...again, I'm so sorry for your loss. :grouphug:

I am so sorry, this is truly tragic.
sending love to you and your family. This weather is dangerous.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter